Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Wizards versus Efreet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
I have a level 86 wizard and wizards always crush me in PVP. Why? It is because I can't cast any powerful spells when they overwhelm me with Efreet after Efreet, especially since Judgement, Ra, and Power Nova are the most powerful PVP spells for balance.

None of my other school wizards are crushed like this, because their blades are school specific. Sure, Efreet is a nuisance for everyone, but it is much easier for other schools to get rid of wards.

This problem also arises when defeating bosses such as Wanadi Black Sky and his friends.

I know I could use cleanse ward, but is it too expensive to keep buying the treasure cards and most of the time when I go to the bazaar they are all out of them.

How do I get past the -90% ward from Efreet, especially when it is 1v1 and I can't do a wand spell without not only getting rid of my blades but also all my traps?

Thanks,
Kelsey Sunpetal
Level 86

Survivor
Mar 31, 2009
Best advice I could give is use fire dispel card, you have to use up a training point but it can literally stop an efreet

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Have you tried Mana Burn? A lot of those can make it painful to get up to 8 pips, or you can cast it at 6 pips and prevent them from ever getting up to Efreet range. Also, if you use an aura or Gaze's damage bubble you won't lose that to Efreet.