Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Access Everything Saturday

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Sometimes I feel bad for the people that cannot buy crowns or buy membership. I thought of a solution.

One day, someday, everywhere will be free for 24 hours on that day. This will not be a recurring thing because if it is people would just wait and do the stuff for free which leads no money to help Kingsisle make games. But I just feel like Free To Play players need to experience a little bit more in depth and see what happens.

This should be on a weekend as no one has school.

Pros: Lets everyone access everything free that day
Cons: It only lasts 24 hours, and your quest will be stuck at getting a quest done but you cannot reach back to complete it. And a lot of players would be on, and I mean A LOT.

Thanks, Hunter LifeBreeze Level 72

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Free players can earn crowns by playing trivia. It takes about 20 mins to get 100 crowns and can be repeated every 19 hours. It might not seem like a lot but it's enough to buy new areas every couple weeks without spending a dime.

Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
MalvinHawkRunner on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
Sometimes I feel bad for the people that cannot buy crowns or buy membership. I thought of a solution.

One day, someday, everywhere will be free for 24 hours on that day. This will not be a recurring thing because if it is people would just wait and do the stuff for free which leads no money to help Kingsisle make games. But I just feel like Free To Play players need to experience a little bit more in depth and see what happens.

This should be on a weekend as no one has school.

Pros: Lets everyone access everything free that day
Cons: It only lasts 24 hours, and your quest will be stuck at getting a quest done but you cannot reach back to complete it. And a lot of players would be on, and I mean A LOT.

Thanks, Hunter LifeBreeze Level 72
I can think of so many reasons why this cannot and should not ever happen. In one single day KI can loose so much money from that because even if you don't get to keep the areas you get into, what takes away the mounts and gear and housing items they will buy?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
kind of like this idea, something like once a year on a random saturday have the barriers taken down for 24 hours.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
the awesome pyroma... on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
I can think of so many reasons why this cannot and should not ever happen. In one single day KI can loose so much money from that because even if you don't get to keep the areas you get into, what takes away the mounts and gear and housing items they will buy?
No he meant the areas, not the gear and housing items from the crown shop, the gear and housing stuff will never be free from the crown shop.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
lifedude2002 on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:
No he meant the areas, not the gear and housing items from the crown shop, the gear and housing stuff will never be free from the crown shop.
This is correct. I never said anything about every item in the crown shop free; I mean all the area's are able to be access for 24 hours for one day. It may get some new players' attention and eventually buy a membership, you dunno!

Thanks for clarifying for him!

Hunter LifeBreeze LvL 72

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
While this may have a few flaws, I really really like this idea! It would probably get a lot more free-to-play players interested in upgrading their accounts, as they would finally get the chance to see Firecat Alley, Cyclops Lane, the Dark Cave, and whatever they can reach in that time frame. The idea may not be perfect, but it is fantastic.

Daniel Ash Shield, Level 72

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
they could do something like this on set holdiays like 4th of july thanksgiving etc. It could only serve to show the free to play members what they are missing out on.As long as it was only a few times a year I dont think it would cause too much fuss or loss in business for KI. It might even get some to purchase areas or get a membership.