Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blade Lock

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Tired of building up your stack of blades only to have them annihilated by an Earthquake, or Sirens, or Leviathan? How about a spell that would lock your blades in place and essentially make them invulnerable to attacks like these? It shouldn't be cheap to cast... maybe three or four pips... but in the long run it could save a lot of headaches. Perhaps it could even be an aura-type spell, trainable at the Sun or Star obelisks. This would make it school-neutral so it could be easily traned by everyone. As a penalty for using it it could also lock negative charms in place as well... you'd have to take the good with the bad.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
Wouldn't that just defeat the concept behind the creation of earthquake? I don't think this is necessary. If you know they are myth mobs just carry attacks and bubble you can try buff with vengeance and hit. Earthquake is there to annoy the opponent like that. And I think it would be kinda pointless to completely nullify its effects with a single spell. Might as well not have an earthquake in the game at all.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
What I'm imagining here is an aura that prevents your charms from being used or removed. Using it would require some strategy; I like it.

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
Sounds good in theory; But, what happens when the baddies get the spell? Earthquake is one of my favorite spells. Yes, I know it annoys everyone, that is why I am very careful to announce my intended use of it when fighting with other players. It would be even worst if only the wards and traps were destroyed by a player cast Earthquake. If we get to protect our charms and shields then the baddies would also.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Andrew Stormglade on Oct 26, 2015 wrote:
Wouldn't that just defeat the concept behind the creation of earthquake? I don't think this is necessary. If you know they are myth mobs just carry attacks and bubble you can try buff with vengeance and hit. Earthquake is there to annoy the opponent like that. And I think it would be kinda pointless to completely nullify its effects with a single spell. Might as well not have an earthquake in the game at all.
No more than Stun Block defeats the purpose of Stun. You're correct, it's not necessary, but neither is Stun Block. There are other ways to prepare for Earthquake or other charm removing spells but this would be just another possible way to defend against them. It's not something everyone would want to use but it would be there if you decided it fits your strategy. That's why I suggested it might be an Astral school spell and as such would be an optional add. It could alternately be offered by Diego which would put it a class like Stun Block and Cloak.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Kitilark on Oct 26, 2015 wrote:
Sounds good in theory; But, what happens when the baddies get the spell? Earthquake is one of my favorite spells. Yes, I know it annoys everyone, that is why I am very careful to announce my intended use of it when fighting with other players. It would be even worst if only the wards and traps were destroyed by a player cast Earthquake. If we get to protect our charms and shields then the baddies would also.
Like I said, you'd have to take the good with the bad. The question is, would they use it? I won't say it's never happened but I don't recall ever seeing a baddie using Stun Block and it's kind of in the same category as a preventative spell. When I play my Myth wizard I usually load an Earthquake or two but seldom get the opportunity to use them for the exact reason you mention. It destroys the good with the bad. When I solo it's fine but with a team it can get complicated because you can cramp the style of the others in the team. Unfortunately, whenever there's a new wave of spells released we run the risk of getting hit with them too... witness Shadow spells.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2012
TucsonWizard on Oct 26, 2015 wrote:
No more than Stun Block defeats the purpose of Stun. You're correct, it's not necessary, but neither is Stun Block. There are other ways to prepare for Earthquake or other charm removing spells but this would be just another possible way to defend against them. It's not something everyone would want to use but it would be there if you decided it fits your strategy. That's why I suggested it might be an Astral school spell and as such would be an optional add. It could alternately be offered by Diego which would put it a class like Stun Block and Cloak.
Hmm sounds interesting... I see where you're coming from. I guess it could be like a sharpened blade card? An area might be too strong but could also work. Wouldn't mind it being like a sharpened blade card where you have to enchant the card with the blade lock. That means you can't lock blades that are sharpened I like it actually wouldn't mind seeing it in the future

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Andrew Stormglade on Oct 26, 2015 wrote:
Hmm sounds interesting... I see where you're coming from. I guess it could be like a sharpened blade card? An area might be too strong but could also work. Wouldn't mind it being like a sharpened blade card where you have to enchant the card with the blade lock. That means you can't lock blades that are sharpened I like it actually wouldn't mind seeing it in the future
I was thinking of something more along the lines of a spell that would be cast AFTER the blades are in place but the idea of an enchant card has its merits as well. It might be a more cumbersome system that way however because of the added number of cards you'd have to load. And like you mentioned, as an individual enchant card it would eliminate sharpened blades although there would still be the option of continuing to add sharpened blades to your stack after the fact and just run the risk of losing them to an Earthquake. But the original protected stack would remain.