Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An improvement to the "Team Up!" funtion

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Don't get me wrong, this function is really great and I am so thankful to KI for making it. I honestly don't know what I would do without it sometimes (especially when I was completing the Labyrinth in ds). But it could use some improvements.

I think it shouldn't apply to only the specific realm you're in, but to all the realms. What I mean is when you hit the team up button, you can team up with people from different realms and all go into the realm of whoever hit team up first. Some really hard dungeons often only get worse if you don't have anybody to play them with (not everybody has friends who play this game, and not everybody on w101central is willing to spend three hours with someone they don't know). And for the little booth in Olde Town, it would be beneficial if it also said which realm each dungeon-team-up is in if this update is added.

Second, you should also be able to limit the amount of players. If you want the dungeon to be hard but not impossible to complete, why not make it so only one person can join you? Or, if you want it to be really quick and easy, why not make it so that the countdown doesn't start until you have four people? The countdown should be much shorter for both of these.

Lastly, I would like to mention the flaking. It's not uncommon for somebody to join a team-up with someone else, be the only two people, and then one person leaves right at the 0:00 mark so that the person joins the dungeon all by themselves. Whenever I change my mind about teaming up, I never leave after 0:03 so the person/people know that I won't be playing. If somebody leaves at 0:00, please try to add in some code that makes them stay. That way, they will have to leave in front of everybody else and everyone will see. The embarrassment would prevent them from being mean and flaking.

Thanks, and I hope this gets added in!

-Nathaniel Redflame