Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion Box

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Here is a suggestion for future updates. Create a Wiz logbook or notebook. Wiz is about students and what student does not carry around a notebook? In our notebooks we would be able to take notes. For instance, I currently have 4 different fish to catch. Each day I have to look up on the internet which fish I need because I forget. But in a wiz notebook I would be able to keep track easily and on game by typing in the fish I need and where to find them, etc. Taking notes will also help out tremendously for all areas of the game such as farming, planting, and just things we need or want to do in the game. I have a plan to plant certain seeds once my already planted seeds become elder, and keeping notes will help me not forget thus saving me time re-planning everything. One might want to remember a promise made to hatch with somebody, which can be written down in the notebook. It would have unlimited use.
I also do not know where to send any suggestions to and Customer Support seems to be the only place to do so. So maybe Wizard101 can also implement a suggestion box. Thank you

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
stemogstel on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:
Here is a suggestion for future updates. Create a Wiz logbook or notebook. Wiz is about students and what student does not carry around a notebook? In our notebooks we would be able to take notes. For instance, I currently have 4 different fish to catch. Each day I have to look up on the internet which fish I need because I forget. But in a wiz notebook I would be able to keep track easily and on game by typing in the fish I need and where to find them, etc. Taking notes will also help out tremendously for all areas of the game such as farming, planting, and just things we need or want to do in the game. I have a plan to plant certain seeds once my already planted seeds become elder, and keeping notes will help me not forget thus saving me time re-planning everything. One might want to remember a promise made to hatch with somebody, which can be written down in the notebook. It would have unlimited use.
I also do not know where to send any suggestions to and Customer Support seems to be the only place to do so. So maybe Wizard101 can also implement a suggestion box. Thank you
I support this Wizard Notebook idea. Would be a great feature to add.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
This is a fantastic suggestion! would be so, so helpful.

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
Survivor
Apr 17, 2015
I would like to know if Wizard 101 bothers to read, or implement any of the suggestions.

But here's one.

I hate that there is no designation showing the main quest-line. There are all kinds of repeatable quests that if you forget the quest-givers name you end up repeating it and wasting time and there is no way to remove it from your quest log. Why can't we see that it is a repeatable quest. Also, why can't we see that certain ones are dungeons? ...and why can't we delete quests from our quest log? It is ridiculous. Go play World of Warcraft and take a lesson Wizard 101.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
This message Board is the suggestion box.

This is where Ideas like yours are looked at, then put into action.

I love the idea of your Wiz notebook, but having a hard time wrapping my head around how it could work.

Perhaps a book found in a pack or bought in crownshop for both crowns or gold.

Could be placed in your house as a housing Item.

When X clicked on it has Tab areas and drop down menu like:
Hatch requests (listing Pets - Friends name)
Fish (listing Fish needed - School of fish - Area Found in)
Crafting ( select the item crafting -
Be able to check off or select from drop down menu the items needed -
area/boss Found at)

ETC on other tabs suggested, or maybe special notebooks instead of tabs. Great revenue items if in packs.

If you can present your notebook idea in this type of format.. It may just be able to be considered faster. Stranger things have happened. lol

Sophia Dragonheart :)

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
I REALLY support this idea I think that a wizard notebook would make farming, fishing, and gardening in the game so much easier and less of a hassle, so we could quickly type down notes about things that we would need to remember for the future For example, a specific Boss's cheats, or what exactly Couch Potatoes Like This is a terrific idea, and I would love for it to be made real in the Wizard Fall Updates

Michael StormFist
Level 100 Exalted

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I was JUST thinking about this like 2 days ago and so sad (because I thought Test had closed and I'd missed my chance to ask in Test Realm)

I had two versions. One was a notebook - like for school - the other was a Cork Board with Note Cards - like in our irl kitchens. Either one we'd be able to type short messages and save them ... kind of like Note Pad on a pc. I liked the Cork Board best so thought about it more.

Cork-board & Note Cards would include the board that's affixable to any wall - the wall near a bank, any other wall AND the side of a house that's at our garden. So it would be the first wall hanging that will stick to the exterior of the house. Visually the Cork-board would have cards that look like bi-fold birthday cards with only the icon's we are used to. One card each for Fish notes, Garden notes, Crafting notes, Pet notes,PVP notes, and two new icon's one for a Main Quest notes, another for Side Quest notes... Can you think of any other notes we'd really want?

We'd click on one card and an interface would open - maybe similar to the Bug Report Box - but we could see a saved message and erase or alter and save it again. There would need to be a way to remain engaged if it took a long time to type or edit & abbirviate so the length fit - without us getting cut off for "inactivity" And there's need to be the icon showing for our card - in case we get distracted and for get which one were in.

The cork-board & cards could go through the shared bank - but would probably lose their saved messages. I hope KI could find a way around that though. Or maybe the cards can come off and the garden, craft or pet cards ( that a diferent character could find useful - ) could go through retaining their message - like mail.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Destanori on Jun 7, 2015 wrote:
I would like to know if Wizard 101 bothers to read, or implement any of the suggestions.

But here's one.

I hate that there is no designation showing the main quest-line. There are all kinds of repeatable quests that if you forget the quest-givers name you end up repeating it and wasting time and there is no way to remove it from your quest log. Why can't we see that it is a repeatable quest. Also, why can't we see that certain ones are dungeons? ...and why can't we delete quests from our quest log? It is ridiculous. Go play World of Warcraft and take a lesson Wizard 101.
We asked for new hairstyles. We asked them to restore the "classic view" on the petnome card - and that one was almost intimidate response in our favor. We asked for houses especially for gardeners. We asked for a 5th pet talent. We asked for a way to edit the talents of a pet in case we had one that was almost right - but just missed
(bejeweling of pets). We asked for dedicated seed banks. We asked for a realistic cat pet - it wasn't a house cat but a leopard - but he's totally cute. We asked for a Polar Bear Cub pet. We asked for a pet that gave extra energy. We asked for fishing. We asked for Wysteria house. We asked for a world that was Greek & Roman-like - yes, so far Aquilla is limited to dungeons but maybe it won't be forever. I can't even remember all the things I've seen requested on the boards that later I find in the game.

That being said, you made a few good points, and if they were framed in a civil tone and as requests - they might get into the game too.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2015
No, I think we should get a Notebook for free and we could make different sections of our notebook from a pre-selected list like how you name your equipment sets and in each section, you should be able to write down anything you would like in your Notebook because no one else is going to see it except you and the font should be what it is currently when chatting and maybe you could change it to more of a Wizardy font if you wanted to like a Script font. Anyhow, this is a great idea and I hope it gets approved.

Joshua Firethorn (Lvl 28)

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Thanks guys for all the nice comments. I appreciate your enthusiasm. I have posted this idea and a few others at Wizard101Central.com and invite all to make replies there as well. Here are links:

1) Notebook idea (also suggestion box idea):
http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...Suggestion-Box --- Regarding the Notebook, I envision it in this way: Lets say we are in a dungeon that can take several hours like Helephant Tower; we get to the final boss and want the quickest access to our notes; We press one button on our keypad, N for example, and it opens our notebook where we see our own personal note reminding us what gear to equip or spell cards to put in deck, etc.
Or with fishing we simply write in our notebook the school of fish for that rare fish we are going for. This way we do not have to go home to inspect our notes.
I barely check here so an easy access suggestion box in game is preferred.
2) Selfies idea:
http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...794-Wiz-Selfie --- Several ways this could work. Some negative posts are from those who do not read everything. I encourage only positive replies to help make any idea work.

3) Badge ideas:
http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...ase-for-Badges --- Ways to display all badges earned and a chime sound effect for new badges acquired.

4) Gardening Spell idea:
http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...tion-Countdown --- A common sense idea for a timer on gardening spells such as Pest Zapper or Dragonflies, etc.

5) Idea that would make all KingsIsle approved sites recognizable. (Please see how my post sparked positivity)
http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...pecial-Players --- Please read all replies before judging. This idea is pure genius if done right.

6) Glowing Blades and Traps

http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...ades-and-Traps --- Another common sense idea to differentiate between regular blades and traps vs. sharpened and potent blades and traps.

(2 of those are not mine but I champion them) Hope you all enjoy!

Survivor
Oct 27, 2014
We need a suggestion box to suggest certain updates, we need team up chat to talk to people on team up, and we need a notebook to keep track of things so we don't forget stuff.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2009
I have a idea for a interactive admission like 10 gold coins per customer/wizard to enter a haunted house and get a treat at the exit also a haunted maze same admission for 10 gold coins to enter and another treat is given at the exit.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Two words:
Pencil
Paper

It's very easy to create your own notebook and quite frankly doing it this way would allow everyone to use their own format. I have a cheap spiral-bound notebook at my desk for this very reason. Every little detail I think might be useful in the future gets written down... oh, these guys drop Pink Dandelion seeds, or hey, these guys drop Ectoplasm... It's also great for keeping track of pet hatching stats and reagents required for whatever recipe you might be working on.
It might seem convenient for everything to be left up to KI but the time they might take to implement something like this could be better utilized fixing legitimate issues in the game. We already have quite a few shortcuts and pages to click through to find various things... this would be just one more thing cluttering up the screen.

And as Sophia said, this forum is the suggestion box.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
A little while ago I posted a topic for a Team Up station where players could go and find people that need help and join there team. A while later... its in the game; as long as you have a great idea, people support it, and you thoroughly explain it and why its needed, you have a good chance.

Daniel Frostcloud