Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What happens when you transfer a wizard?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
So, I know that you can transfer wizards between two accounts, but I have a few questions:

Do you have to have a family account in order to transfer wizards?
Do you keep all the friends you have?
Do you keep all the gear you have?
Is there a limit to how many times you transfer a wizard?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post :). I hope to get some answers soon.

Leesha StarForge, level 75

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have transferred a wizard before, so can answer some of your questions.

Yes, the accounts have to be linked in a family account. Both gave to have a year sub.

You do keep your friends and every thing you have in your bank, houses, and backpack. Your SHARED bank stays with the account.

I don't know if there is a limit. I would assume there is but really don't know.

Just as a small warning. If you plan on transferring a wizard make sure you move all items you want to take with you onto the wizard moving and leave what you don't want in shared bank BEFORE contacting KI. I put in the request and my wizard was transferred within only two hours (I was expecting 24 hours). Luckily I did have everything moved that I needed moved.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
Hannah Lifebringer on May 24, 2015 wrote:
I have transferred a wizard before, so can answer some of your questions.

Yes, the accounts have to be linked in a family account. Both gave to have a year sub.

You do keep your friends and every thing you have in your bank, houses, and backpack. Your SHARED bank stays with the account.

I don't know if there is a limit. I would assume there is but really don't know.

Just as a small warning. If you plan on transferring a wizard make sure you move all items you want to take with you onto the wizard moving and leave what you don't want in shared bank BEFORE contacting KI. I put in the request and my wizard was transferred within only two hours (I was expecting 24 hours). Luckily I did have everything moved that I needed moved.
Thanks for you answer. Sadly, I don't have a family account, so I guess I can't transfer . If I ever get a family account, I'll definitely use your advice.

Leesha StarForge, level 77