Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crafting spell requirements

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2012
Hey I just wanted to suggest that you guys should have the spells for legendary artisan pushed down to grandmaster artisan or at least level restrict items

This would work because the level 4-5 spells that you can craft (in avalon) require that you have a legendary artisan badge, this needs to be changed because I dont ever think that I would use a winter moon or handsome formori at level 60 and up because the bosses have way too much health for an attack that does about 700 tops.

So could you please reconsider the crafting requirements for some of the spells?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The spells are mainly for pvp use and requiring the higher level prevents low level pvp players from easily getting them and dominating.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
this has been posted before and it wont change because a level 1 can get grandmaster artisan without going through to celestia. it is like this because you have to do the first quest in zafaria to get the crafting quest to do the crafting quest.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Wolf DragonTamer on May 22, 2015 wrote:
Hey I just wanted to suggest that you guys should have the spells for legendary artisan pushed down to grandmaster artisan or at least level restrict items

This would work because the level 4-5 spells that you can craft (in avalon) require that you have a legendary artisan badge, this needs to be changed because I dont ever think that I would use a winter moon or handsome formori at level 60 and up because the bosses have way too much health for an attack that does about 700 tops.

So could you please reconsider the crafting requirements for some of the spells?
With the proper set-up, a level 4 or 5 crafted spell is lethal. For example, I once had to defeat a Promethean Balance wizard in one hit with Ninja Pigs because of Mana Burn spamming. They also make a great preliminary or follow-up attack, and come in handy when defeating bosses like Young Morganthe or Vekan LimeBlight, who both use Mana Burn cheats. In my experience the crafted spells are indeed very useful above level 60, and I think the requirements for crafting them should not be changed.

Wolf Windrider
Keepin' it imaginary

Survivor
Mar 05, 2012
Yes I understand what you guys are saying.

Nathan OwlHaven,
I dont think it matters if a level 1 gets grandmaster artisan, in fact, I dont think anyone cares, thats why i mention that the gear be level restricted or something has to happen to restric certain items.

Seethe42,

Pvp is about strategy and what not. Even if they decide not to change requirements, the lower levels can get the treasure card version of it. Also if a person has enough crowns, they can open packs to get the cards that they want. You may say, "well then use crowns. Or if your parents can't buy them for you then too bad." Well yes some of us may not be able to get crowns and spend them like its nothing like some others can, this gives people who dont use a lot of crowns a disadvantage. So crafting things is the only other option we have.

Errol Everhart,

You have a great statement and what you are saying is somewhat rigt, but at the same time many players would think of the cards as useless once they get to level 60+. I myself have an exalted life and I still use leprechaun at times because when i'm helping people the bosses may be weak but then again I have gone through my spellbook (I am 100% sure others have also.) and said to myself, "Why do I even need this spell i dont even use it at all anymore because its too weak for certain NPC's." (paraphrased of course).

But yes I would like you guys to think back to times when you have thought the same thing (maybe in a different situation, maybe crafting clothes or something like that).

Survivor
Oct 01, 2014
The spells aren't just for pvp. I don't pvp and the spells do come in handy. Also as to early levels getting the spells all you have to do is try your luck at packs. So restricting them by not letting them be crafted earlier doesn't really mean someone who is a low level won't be getting them.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Wolf DragonTamer on May 23, 2015 wrote:
Yes I understand what you guys are saying.

Nathan OwlHaven,
I dont think it matters if a level 1 gets grandmaster artisan, in fact, I dont think anyone cares, thats why i mention that the gear be level restricted or something has to happen to restric certain items.

Seethe42,

Pvp is about strategy and what not. Even if they decide not to change requirements, the lower levels can get the treasure card version of it. Also if a person has enough crowns, they can open packs to get the cards that they want. You may say, "well then use crowns. Or if your parents can't buy them for you then too bad." Well yes some of us may not be able to get crowns and spend them like its nothing like some others can, this gives people who dont use a lot of crowns a disadvantage. So crafting things is the only other option we have.

Errol Everhart,

You have a great statement and what you are saying is somewhat rigt, but at the same time many players would think of the cards as useless once they get to level 60+. I myself have an exalted life and I still use leprechaun at times because when i'm helping people the bosses may be weak but then again I have gone through my spellbook (I am 100% sure others have also.) and said to myself, "Why do I even need this spell i dont even use it at all anymore because its too weak for certain NPC's." (paraphrased of course).

But yes I would like you guys to think back to times when you have thought the same thing (maybe in a different situation, maybe crafting clothes or something like that).
Personally I think crafting should be MORE level limited not less. You can get to Grandmaster without level restriction already. You cannot use most everything you can craft at that point anyways. I don't think KI is going to change the crafting quest in Zafaria, and don't think they should. This topic has been discussed many times before.