Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I feel balance doesn't get enough/powerful charms.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 19, 2014
So i've been doing some research on stackable blades from it's own school ( eg death stack for a death attack no TC or Itemcards OR Sharpen)

So death gets an +40% blade already,because ya know feint wasn't enough. And balance as a convinient store they get an extra +35% damage total like 75% damage. Oh wait i forgot dark pact giving death a total of 105% damage with blades, knowing death is all about damage

Life. Hmm, ALSO gets a 40% blade considering life isn't "all about the damage"
Add on spirit blade they get an +35% like death with 75% damage

Myth. Gets +35 damage, quite a change from +40 damage. Oh and spirit blades again like 70 damage.

Now storm, storm is already somewhat op so i find +30% damage really lucky. Add on Balance Elemental Blade giving storm 65% damage. Oh no i forgot supercharge, add on 99999999999 damage.

Fire gets +35 % from it's own blade and 35% from elemental blade. Fire is kind of on the same Bandwagon as Myth.

Ice gets +40 damage and 35+ from balance which is 75 damage total.

Now all these schools seem to be getting damage around 70 with their blades and balance elemental and spirit blades.

Except balance itself. Balance just gets 20+ damage (bladestorm) and +25 (balanceblade) which is 45 damage total. Remember these are two blades stacked. 45% + Damage is the equivalent of just one blade from Death or Ice or Life or Myth. like -5% damage off instead.

So after this research balance has the least of blades yet it supplies most of the attack damage for other schools.

Inputs?

EDIT: It seems like balanceblade and bladestorm are designed to boost other schools more than balance. except i don't know why the balance in balanceblade.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I used to feel this way until I took a closer look at what I had available as a Balance. I concluded in the end that Balance actually has more charm options than anyone else. The hard part is making sure you have access to the ones you want.
  • Balanceblade 25%
  • Bladestorm 20%
  • Item card Dragonblade 30%
  • Item card Balanceblade 30%
  • Item card Balanceblade 35%
  • Balanceblade treasure cards at 30% (there are at least 5 different stackable versions)
  • Balanceblade treasure cards at 35%
  • Bladestorm treasure cards at 25% (there are at least 3 different stackable versions)
  • Bladestorm treasure cards at 30%
  • Dragonblade treasure cards at 30%
  • Item card sharpened Balanceblade at 35%
  • Item card sharpened Bladestorm at 30%
  • Sharpened Balanceblade at 35%
  • Sharpened Bladestorm at 30%
  • Treasure card sharpened Balanceblade at 35%
  • Treasure card sharpened Bladestorm at 30%

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Balance also doesn't have to deal with opponents having any shields against it. Every other school has +70, +75, +80, +85 shields. Balance only has to deal with smaller universal shields.

Explorer
May 19, 2014
Lucas Rain on May 21, 2015 wrote:
I used to feel this way until I took a closer look at what I had available as a Balance. I concluded in the end that Balance actually has more charm options than anyone else. The hard part is making sure you have access to the ones you want.
  • Balanceblade 25%
  • Bladestorm 20%
  • Item card Dragonblade 30%
  • Item card Balanceblade 30%
  • Item card Balanceblade 35%
  • Balanceblade treasure cards at 30% (there are at least 5 different stackable versions)
  • Balanceblade treasure cards at 35%
  • Bladestorm treasure cards at 25% (there are at least 3 different stackable versions)
  • Bladestorm treasure cards at 30%
  • Dragonblade treasure cards at 30%
  • Item card sharpened Balanceblade at 35%
  • Item card sharpened Bladestorm at 30%
  • Sharpened Balanceblade at 35%
  • Sharpened Bladestorm at 30%
  • Treasure card sharpened Balanceblade at 35%
  • Treasure card sharpened Bladestorm at 30%
The hard part is getting access to the TC, rarely anyone sells them at the bazaar and you don't get sharpen till 86. Balanceblade and bladestorm itemcards, well lets say it's hard to get to the ones you need without making some major sacrifice.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
I suggest getting items and pet with stacking cards, or enchantments. It's good to train Death up to feint (or Doom for GY).

One thing that should change is that Balance buff treasure cards are harder to get than the other schools. They should be sold like the others. Otherwise I think we are doing pretty well.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Valdus Spell on May 21, 2015 wrote:
The hard part is getting access to the TC, rarely anyone sells them at the bazaar and you don't get sharpen till 86. Balanceblade and bladestorm itemcards, well lets say it's hard to get to the ones you need without making some major sacrifice.
Getting an Enchanted Armament pet is an easy way to get sharpen early and makes your 2 blades plenty.

Explorer
May 19, 2014
seethe42 on May 21, 2015 wrote:
Getting an Enchanted Armament pet is an easy way to get sharpen early and makes your 2 blades plenty.
The Armament is with Gladiator Dimach something and there's a chance you might not get the drop, yet alone defeat him.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
So i've been doing some research on stackable blades from it's own school ( eg death stack for a death attack no TC or Itemcards OR Sharpen)

So death gets an +40% blade already,because ya know feint wasn't enough. And balance as a convinient store they get an extra +35% damage total like 75% damage. Oh wait i forgot dark pact giving death a total of 105% damage with blades, knowing death is all about damage

Myth. Gets +35 damage, quite a change from +40 damage. Oh and spirit blades again like 70 damage.

Now storm, storm is already somewhat op so i find +30% damage really lucky. Add on Balance Elemental Blade giving storm 65% damage. Oh no i forgot supercharge, add on 99999999999 damage.

Fire gets +35 % from it's own blade and 35% from elemental blade. Fire is kind of on the same Bandwagon as Myth.

Now all these schools seem to be getting damage around 70 with their blades and balance elemental and spirit blades.

Except balance itself. Balance just gets 20+ damage (bladestorm) and +25 (balanceblade) which is 45 damage total. Remember these are two blades stacked. 45% + Damage is the equivalent of just one blade from Death or Ice or Life or Myth. like -5% damage off instead.

So after this research balance has the least of blades yet it supplies most of the attack damage for other schools.

Inputs?

EDIT: It seems like balanceblade and bladestorm are designed to boost other schools more than balance. except i don't know why the balance in balanceblade.
It is true that Balance gets the short end of the stick when it comes to spells and blades. Don't listen to anyone that says Balance has is great and has off-school spells to hit with. It doesn't work that way.

Balance has cheesy single blades. No one in their right mind would go searching for the huge list that Lucas posted. The point is, Balance is not balanced no matter how you look at it. Lower hit spells than other schools and the lowest % blades. Tri-blades? Costs a pip. Tri-traps? Costs a pip. Tri-shields? Costs a pip. Balance spends so much time spending pips, it's hard to build up pips for a hit.

Balance hits? Doesn't work on Balance mobs and Bosses. You have to use your off-school spells, which means you have to use fire/storm/ice or death/life/myth to defeat another Balance boss/mob. You end up spending a lot of pips just to get your blades & traps set up for your hits. Guess what? The boss/mob have shields ..... not necessarily the universal kind that Balance has, but ones to all schools.

Getting the Armament pet isn't a solution. Nor is farming for blades. Balance is stuck and as the levels go higher and higher, Balance continues to be left behind.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Valdus Spell on May 22, 2015 wrote:
The Armament is with Gladiator Dimach something and there's a chance you might not get the drop, yet alone defeat him.
Hatching with someone who already has one only costs gold. They are a very common and popular pet in the spiral. I have dozens of them and I'm always willing to hatch with anyone that asks.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on May 22, 2015 wrote:
It is true that Balance gets the short end of the stick when it comes to spells and blades. Don't listen to anyone that says Balance has is great and has off-school spells to hit with. It doesn't work that way.

Balance has cheesy single blades. No one in their right mind would go searching for the huge list that Lucas posted. The point is, Balance is not balanced no matter how you look at it. Lower hit spells than other schools and the lowest % blades. Tri-blades? Costs a pip. Tri-traps? Costs a pip. Tri-shields? Costs a pip. Balance spends so much time spending pips, it's hard to build up pips for a hit.

Balance hits? Doesn't work on Balance mobs and Bosses. You have to use your off-school spells, which means you have to use fire/storm/ice or death/life/myth to defeat another Balance boss/mob. You end up spending a lot of pips just to get your blades & traps set up for your hits. Guess what? The boss/mob have shields ..... not necessarily the universal kind that Balance has, but ones to all schools.

Getting the Armament pet isn't a solution. Nor is farming for blades. Balance is stuck and as the levels go higher and higher, Balance continues to be left behind.
Balance is the top school in PvP, and has a variety of tools for PvE. It hasn't been left behind at all.

The Armament pet is a great suggestion. It lets you effectively double your blades at any level of the game.

Infallible works pretty well against balance mobs. What we lose to same school resist is offset by not having shields against us. No school is perfect for everything, but balance is pretty great.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on May 22, 2015 wrote:

I must be playing a different game than you. I find my 100 level Balance one of the easiest schools to play. It's all a matter of knowing how to play it. My Balance wiz is just as happy being tank, healer, support or hammer in most situations. It's by far the most versatile school. It's not left behind at all, it's just more complex to play than your basic blade, blade, blade, blade, feint, hit of most schools.

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010

Inputs?

Valdus you answered your own opinion with your edit. Balance was designed to SUPPORT the other schools. Thats its job. Not a damage dealer. It was meant to make other schools survive and hit harder.

Explorer
May 19, 2014
bendello on May 25, 2015 wrote:
Valdus you answered your own opinion with your edit. Balance was designed to SUPPORT the other schools. Thats its job. Not a damage dealer. It was meant to make other schools survive and hit harder.
Balance is not a damage dealer? explains why spells like Judgement exist. Of course balance is a damage dealer. If balance was designed to support other schools then why does balance itself have attacks? Schools surviving? I think schools survive enough without our blades.