Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Make Amber Easier to Collect

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
I'm pretty sure this has been brought up tons of times before now, but I think getting Amber is just simply too difficult and that a change must be made.

I'm not a gardener and I don't want to garden...at all. Those who do garden for this reagent have complained that they are simply not getting enough for their needs.

The transmute spell requires an insane amount of Merle's Whisker and Amber Dust and those reagents are rarely dropped by the rank 12+ bosses that drop them. Why is an ingredient for a transmute so difficult to acquire?

The bosses who drop Amber are inaccessible to players who can buy Grady's recipes at their earliest stage in the game.

The shop packs almost never give amber. I bought about fifty Phoenix Hoard Packs today because of the 101 crowns event and I received only one amber out of all of them.

The arena ticket price for Amber is just too extreme. It's 60,000 tickets for 12 Amber or 60,000 tickets for enough Merle's Whisker and Amber Dust to transmute 12 Amber.

Have mercy, Kings Isle. Your players invest a lot of time and money in the game. I like the fact that players cannot simply buy the best the game has to offer, but it shouldn't be this hard to get rank 4 and 5 spells.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
General American on Apr 10, 2015 wrote:
I'm pretty sure this has been brought up tons of times before now, but I think getting Amber is just simply too difficult and that a change must be made.

I'm not a gardener and I don't want to garden...at all. Those who do garden for this reagent have complained that they are simply not getting enough for their needs.

The transmute spell requires an insane amount of Merle's Whisker and Amber Dust and those reagents are rarely dropped by the rank 12+ bosses that drop them. Why is an ingredient for a transmute so difficult to acquire?

The bosses who drop Amber are inaccessible to players who can buy Grady's recipes at their earliest stage in the game.

The shop packs almost never give amber. I bought about fifty Phoenix Hoard Packs today because of the 101 crowns event and I received only one amber out of all of them.

The arena ticket price for Amber is just too extreme. It's 60,000 tickets for 12 Amber or 60,000 tickets for enough Merle's Whisker and Amber Dust to transmute 12 Amber.

Have mercy, Kings Isle. Your players invest a lot of time and money in the game. I like the fact that players cannot simply buy the best the game has to offer, but it shouldn't be this hard to get rank 4 and 5 spells.
The 3 secret bosses in Aquila drop it pretty regularly. Mirror Lake runs give pretty regular drops of whiskers and dust as well.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Amber is a strange reagent. Why can't we sell it???

- Ridiculous to get without gardenining (in game) or transmute.
- Takes about 6-8 weeks if you garden KP
(starting with a few KP and working up to multiple gardens 0f 50+ KP each across a couple wizards).
- In a few months your gardens give you waaay more amber than you need.
- Can't sell amber... why not? It should be worth 20K each easily!
- I am sure lots of wizards would be willing to pay 100K+ per amber in the bazaar.

I would think aquiring sufficient amber goes far beyond what a typical gamer is willing/capable of doing. Peculiar when the crafting benifits are good... but relatively small.

Is a 12yo kid going to setup several 50plot gardens and tend them daily for 6 weeks? Obviously some do. What about adults? I did.... but I certainly don't admit it to anybody I know irl. Seriously... its a ridiculous and embarassing task.