Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ponce de Gibbon is too much!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Im a level 84 death wizard and i simply cannot beat this monkey. If anyone has any advice for me or better yet would like to assist, i'm all ears for help.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2013
Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
HI there if you need assistance with Azteca let me know! ( I am level 88 )

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
Level 88 Wizard here if you need any assistance.

(By the way, first post since last year!)

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
Get Melt treasure cards and cast one on the first round on Ponce and an additional one every three rounds after that. This will prevent his entire cheat sequence as it begins with an ice cast. Use auras and no pip cost blades and traps so you can attack and continue defending against his cheat. I nearly beat him solo with this strategy, but he shielded against my death magic at the worst possible moment then defeated me.

With a team, this strategy beat Ponce very easily.

Survivor
May 21, 2013
I am lvl 88 , and I beat him with my storm friend. I noticed the cheats, then later noticed that if your "mind is weakend" (Think i spelt weakned wrong but idc) you should pass. he will use an attack like normal. Also His death spell cheat, it will be weakened if you can put shields on you. Another way to weaken the cheat is to is put infection, or other reduce heals on him. Dispells work too. But if all else fails, I am here to help

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
Hi my wizard101 name is Brianna Ghost flame, , level 83 and I want to talk about this troubling monkey names Ponce DE Gibbon he cheats allot and at the time I was level 82. Like people/wizards it took me exactly one hour and 32 minutes to complete this guy. Kingsisle can you please make the guy a little bit easier not too hard nor too easy, just medium, ok? Well I hope you change it soon anyways good day Kingsisle.

-Brianna Ghostflame, , and level 83 (no open chat)

Survivor
Oct 31, 2014
I know right he is a bit hard but if you get a group of friends, plus a healer it's much easier

Lvl 83 fire(currently working on it, in Aztecs now )

Lvl 2 storm (XD just made her, planning to do lvl thirty pvp )

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
This is a bit late, but as soon as I saw the title of this post I had to come over here and ramble about how much I hate ponce de gibbon!! When I first went to fight him I thought he was a normal boss but NOPE! I was flipping out because of his healing cheat and was having trouble attacking him before he could do it. Luckily my friends came to the rescue

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
Hey and it's ok you posted late stormgem by the way now I'm in the new world also level 96, so I'm happy
Plus things get way tougher oh my gosh when you come to the new world you have to defeat and solo to bosses with minions! . But, I'm sure you'll do very well in the new world well good luck, stormgem

-Brianna Ghostflame

Explorer
Feb 26, 2009
Its simple Dont Solo Anything Over Avalon it gets really hard just get some friends to help and you should be fine

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Spyroinfite on Aug 1, 2015 wrote:
Its simple Dont Solo Anything Over Avalon it gets really hard just get some friends to help and you should be fine
What?Ive been soloing all the worlds until i need support with a cheating boss or dungeon so...thats what i did with ponce i just got a friend to help me so we could both try to attack him.