Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Intellect

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
Can someone please explain to me about a pets Intellect traits.
what I mean is, when you mouse over intellect, it says it affects certain things.
How does intellect on my pet affect my incoming healing, or pip chance, ect?
If I max out intellect, my accuracy doesn't increase, nor does my incoming healing.
Please help me to understand.
Thanks, Daniel

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
The stats increase the bonuses certain talents give you, for example if your pet has a talent that gives you damage, the damage bonus will increase with Strength and Agility.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Pet's attributes (stats) influence the strength of learned talents in certain categories. So if your pet learns the talent "Sharp Shot" which increases accuracy, the higher the intellect, the greater the boost from the talent.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Certain pet talents increase as your stats increase. For example the pet talent Pip O' Plenty will initially give you very little extra % chance of gaining an extra power pip. But as your intellect and strength increases so does your chances of a power pip.

Calculation
(2*Strength + 2*Intellect+ Power)/250

Talents that provide extra damage, resistance, power pips, critical chance, etc benefit greatly from the pets stats, so having good stats is important if you want a great pet.

As far as I know the pet stats have no effect on the "May Cast" talents such as Spritely.

Pet stats have no effect on what talents might become realized from pet training. (ie: a high intellect does NOT improve your chance of getting Pip O' Plenty as a talent)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Oh also... increasing intellect does not make your pet any smarter.

Unfortunately a high intellect has no effect on if or when your pet casts healing spells... or any other may cast spells. It remains random. To bad eh? Wouldn't it be nice if higher intellect meant your pet was smarter and cast spells at useful times?

ex:
- Spritely & Fairy when your health gets low. Certainly not when its 100% full.
- Blades and traps when your pip count is low (before you cast big hit spells).
- Shields at the beginning of a battle, not at the end!