Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tartarus.

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
People have been complaining about drop rates since it came out, but I want to clear a rumor

Rumor: If your bank is full and your backpack as well, you won't get good drops.

I don't get this. First like 10 times around, I noticed it was almost full and decided to clear it. The next 15 times or so, I'm still getting junk TC and Senator gear from big bosses. So how is this logical? I'm really getting stressed out by farming this dungeon and still getting junk.

And people say to just cut to Darkmoor, but it's kinda hard to reach exalted with indecent 60 gear.

let's discuss this below

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
J StormCatcher on Jan 17, 2015 wrote:
People have been complaining about drop rates since it came out, but I want to clear a rumor

Rumor: If your bank is full and your backpack as well, you won't get good drops.

I don't get this. First like 10 times around, I noticed it was almost full and decided to clear it. The next 15 times or so, I'm still getting junk TC and Senator gear from big bosses. So how is this logical? I'm really getting stressed out by farming this dungeon and still getting junk.

And people say to just cut to Darkmoor, but it's kinda hard to reach exalted with indecent 60 gear.

let's discuss this below
If your bank and backpack are 100% full, will you get drops at all or will they go to the shared bank?

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I got to exaulted with my waterworks gear...

Can't be that hard

Defender
May 02, 2010
Welp, I'm a Fire wizard. Survivability rates in Khrysalis are a bit hard.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
if your backpack AND bank are full, you won't get any drops. Otherwise it doesn't matter. Your pack fills first, then it overflows to the bank. None of that has anything to do with what you get. Tartarus has mostly junk drops. There are only a few useful things, and none of those are as good as the top Darkmoor things. Darkmoor gear is better and easier to get. You can do Darkmoor and Morganthe using Waterworks or crafted gear so I'd skip farming Tartarus.

Defender
May 02, 2010
Dakota Death on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
if your backpack AND bank are full, you won't get any drops. Otherwise it doesn't matter. Your pack fills first, then it overflows to the bank. None of that has anything to do with what you get. Tartarus has mostly junk drops. There are only a few useful things, and none of those are as good as the top Darkmoor things. Darkmoor gear is better and easier to get. You can do Darkmoor and Morganthe using Waterworks or crafted gear so I'd skip farming Tartarus.
Waterworks gear isn't working out for me.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
J StormCatcher on Jan 23, 2015 wrote:
Waterworks gear isn't working out for me.
You should craft some high level boots with bonuses to Ice and your own school. Those are always the ones that give you a good amount of block. A lot of other crafted gear is also pretty good.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
lewski on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
You should craft some high level boots with bonuses to Ice and your own school. Those are always the ones that give you a good amount of block. A lot of other crafted gear is also pretty good.
Yes. Waterworks hat and robe with crafted high block boots, and a good block wand like the ice ones from AV or AZ is about the best kit up to KR.