Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make school only pets have a level cap

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 04, 2009
I'm a level 78 ice wizard and I absolutely HATE seeing level 1-50s having the Woolly Mammoth pet that I had to WORK for and defeat a big boss for! All they had to do was hatch with someone else who had it! PLEASE make the pets say level 78+ if that's what level you get it at, it's so annoying seeing that because I had to work hard for mine and all they did was get some money and click a few buttons! I've been seeing it so much lately and not only does it give a big advantage in PvP, but it's just completely unfair!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Adam Goldenweaver on Jan 4, 2015 wrote:
I'm a level 78 ice wizard and I absolutely HATE seeing level 1-50s having the Woolly Mammoth pet that I had to WORK for and defeat a big boss for! All they had to do was hatch with someone else who had it! PLEASE make the pets say level 78+ if that's what level you get it at, it's so annoying seeing that because I had to work hard for mine and all they did was get some money and click a few buttons! I've been seeing it so much lately and not only does it give a big advantage in PvP, but it's just completely unfair!
Sorry no. It's totally fair since everyone can have up to 6 wizards on one account.
PvP is not the game itself (and this should have been placed in that category).

Survivor
May 11, 2011
I would agree to a level cap. Level 100 pets should not be available to level 10, not just for sake of pvp. It seems to cheapen the game to be able to get the pet so easily through a hatch. Crown pets are free game, but the higher level ones bother me. If equipment is level based, and a pet is part of our equipment, why does it not run the same gamut?

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
I agree about halfway with you. I definitely think it's fair to have a level cap for hatching, because I could definitely see it being annoying when a level 9 wizard has a better pet that you without having to work as hard for it. But I think you should still be able to transfer the pets between wizards on your account, because even if you didn't work for the pet using that specific wizard, you still worked for it with another character, so you should be able to equip the pet on any of your characters.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
If the level 78 pet, as you used as an example here, could not be equipped until level 78, how would you train it to see what it gets? Or.. .are you suggesting yo unot be able to hatch againsty the pet until level 78?
What if my daughter, level 42, wants to hatch against my level 100 to get the sprite, fairy, proof, defy and unicorn I have on him? shoud I not be able to hatch with her to give her those stats, or should she just not be able to equip the pet if she gets it from the hatch??
Does she then wait 36 more levels before she can train said pet?
I hatch, train, rehatch, retrain most of my pets multiple times each day on all 6 of my characters.
My perfect pet, has 3 heals and double defense, so I start over each time something outside of this shows through. I'm having trouble understanding the issue...

There's a Percentage chance you'll get the higher level pet in the first place.
So, anyone can roll the dice IF someone who has fought for the pet decides they'll hatch in the first place
IF it's fair, so everyone has the same chance of obtaining this pet through a hatch, how is it unfair??
Aside from that, how does my daughter having a charred fossil on her level 42 ice character affect your game? I'm the one who brought a fire chaeracter to 100, bred against my 100 death character and go tthe hybred. I'm the one who hatched, rehatched, raised stat sand money to get the pet, then placed it in my shared bank and let her use it...

How does me giving my daughter a present that most others don't have, hurt you??