Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Errol Fynn

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 07, 2012
I love the fishing site. I have been catching all the different kinds in Wizard City but can't seem to get Errol Fynn. Has anyone caught this fish??? It's supposed to be in Ravenwood-- balance . In Ravenwood I've caught archer fish, gobblerfish, balancecuda, owl eyed pike, mechanical armorhead, mainstream dekoi but no errol fynn. Any hints??? Thanks.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
Davidfire school on Sep 18, 2014 wrote:
I love the fishing site. I have been catching all the different kinds in Wizard City but can't seem to get Errol Fynn. Has anyone caught this fish??? It's supposed to be in Ravenwood-- balance . In Ravenwood I've caught archer fish, gobblerfish, balancecuda, owl eyed pike, mechanical armorhead, mainstream dekoi but no errol fynn. Any hints??? Thanks.
It is just a rare fish. It took me several days of trying.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have caught the Errol Fynn. It is indeed a balance fish. There really isn't any tips I can give you. Just keep trying. As with most epic fish, sometimes they are in the pond, sometimes they are not.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
It does seem to be a hard one to find. I've only caught one and I think that was in the first week after fishing was launched. Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention to any of the characteristics.

I think like the Goldfin-ger in the Jade Palace, it's probably faster than the Archer Fish and Mainstream Decoy when it comes to identifying fish in Ravenwood. If that's true, once the Gobblerfish is gone, it might be easier to find when it's there.

But for now I don't know for sure. Hopefully I'll find another one soon so I can share better information. Right now I have a couple of wizards who only need Errol Flynn and the Jolted Dekoi to have caught every species. I'm sure by the time I catch them all, KI will launch the next round of fishing quests with dozens of more species in other worlds. I may never get back to questing.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Thanks to all who answered my search for Errol Fynn. I didn't realize it was an epic fish. I'll keep trying. I love fishing.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I managed to catch another Errol Flynn today. The characteristics were relatively what I expected. It's marginally faster than an Arhcer Fish, and it's open water maneuvers (turning when there is no boundary to stop it) are also marginally more frequent and quicker.

Like me, I'm sure you'll catch a lot of Mainstream Dekois and Archer Fish because they all behave so similarly that it's hard not to take a chance, just in case... much like looking for Krokotopian Eels.

Good luck.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2012
i have been trying every day with all six of my wizards, and once i clear the pond i use the spell to add more fish and still i have never caught this one! it is driving me crazy! Unfortunately to torment myself further the ones i need are the gold-n-finger, and the polar bear which i have been doing each day clearing the pond following all the ideas thrown this way and still nothing! i think i might need a fancier lure! Anyway are there any other pointers from anyone that could help with each of these fish? the polar bear is by the waterfall - though i beg to differ so far; and the gold-n-finger is in jade palace but i haven't heard any specifics or pointers in catching that one. By the way is it in the first pond of jade palace or the second pond? Please give me anything you can in easing my pain with these fish! thanks to all the wizard fishermen and fisher women!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Polar Bearacuda is indeed in the pond under the waterfall in Vigrid Roughland. Goldfin-ger is in the second pond of the Jade Palace (not the one with Moodha).

For the Polar Bearacuda, if you're not doing this already, cast your Reveal Fish School spell and look for an ice fish. If you don't see one, cast Summon Fish. Keep repeating this until you get an ice fish. Then remember to use the Rank 2 lure, it should prevent it from getting away, though I did lose a couple even using the right lure.

Goldfin-ger, it's fire in a pond with a lot of other fire fish. What you'll want to do is look for very fast fish. This one is, or at least very close to being, as fast as the Silver Streak in Emperor's Retreat. It swims fast, and changes direction fast. The Mechanical Armorheads are fast too, but they're storm, so if you cast Reveal Fish School and see your fast fish are all Storm, cast Summon Fish to reset the pond. Again Rank 2 lure when you find it.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2012
thanks I have been doing most of what you posted but not all so wish me luck!