Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeat and Collect Quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 10, 2010
I'm a wizard in Avalon and I never have anyone to quest with, so I do a bunch of quests by myself cause I use crowns but because of the sale I got a month membership. But I hate stumbling upon defeat and collect quests, it seems that whenever someone is helping me in battle I get a bunch of the things I need to collect but when I solo it seems that I can never collect anything and then after five battles I collect one thing. Can Kingsisle change this some how because it is much harder to solo and these quests take too much time(they also don't really stick to logic, like collect shields or something and I only collect one after like four battles).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
They already did make those quests easier in Zafaria and Avalon. They are less common and less annoying once you get to Azteca and Khrysalis.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Here is what I do when I do not feel like questing solo. I change realms to a crowded one. If no one is around on that one I will try a different one. I will say in open chat "Is anyone here that would consider helping me out a little". Lots of times people come flying to my aid. Of course sometimes I get no takers either. Yesterday my questing partner left me and did not realize I had not collected. Due to a glitch for some reason I could not message him to come and help me. So all I did was write in open chat Help! Right away two people were right beside me helping me. All you need to do is ask and you will receive. I have found for the most part people are willing to help out. I spend at least half my time helping other people. I know I would be level 100 by now if I selfishly did not help out others. But I truly find it enjoyable to help others. I even have higher level friend who constantly ask me to come and help them beat a boss. If I don't want to have people asking me for help so I can get some things done I just turn off friends for a little while.

Good Luck and be a little more assertive and it will pay off.

Scarlet ShadowStone Level 92 Scarlet SwiftRiver Level 21

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Wizard Man on Aug 8, 2014 wrote:
I'm a wizard in Avalon and I never have anyone to quest with, so I do a bunch of quests by myself cause I use crowns but because of the sale I got a month membership. But I hate stumbling upon defeat and collect quests, it seems that whenever someone is helping me in battle I get a bunch of the things I need to collect but when I solo it seems that I can never collect anything and then after five battles I collect one thing. Can Kingsisle change this some how because it is much harder to solo and these quests take too much time(they also don't really stick to logic, like collect shields or something and I only collect one after like four battles).
We've asked for a solo option for a long time now. KI has ignored this, but now wants to add the harder boss option. Brilliant.

I agree that these quests are boring and no fun at all... and take forever. I too try to avoid them, but sadly you just can't. What I found in Zafaria with those lions was the use of henchmen or your minion works. Requiring at least two 'bodies' to collect is not fair at all.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
The "defeat X creatures" quests definitely go faster with a buddy, if for no other reason than you fight and defeat three creatures at a time instead of two. The collect quests I am not so sure about: if you defeat two or more of the target creatures in a battle, is the chance of collecting the item better than if you defeat only one? For a lot of these quests, it seems you only collect the needed items one at a time no matter how many creatures you defeat in the same battle, the quest seems to be hard coded that way somehow. There are some quests where you can collect multiple items at a time but I haven't figured out a good way to tell those from the ones where only one collection at a time is allowed.

Since my storm wizard has reached high level (80 at the moment), I make it a habit to fight as many creatures at a time as possible in any of the "defeat" or "defeat and collect" quests, since I always wipe out all the targets with one storm attack all spell and it takes no longer to defeat 3 or 4 than it does 2. This means I look for people already fighting the mob I am targeting and often join their battles.

I do try not to be a jerk about it. I look at the pips in front of the player, if he seems to have a lot of pips and is about to finish on his own I don't join. If I do join I try to be is helpful as I can, sharing shields and fighting intelligently, to finish things off quickly. Leaving my keyboard or letting the spell pick timer run out without choosing a card is a rude no-no. But I don't normally ask before joining, that just seems to waste time I could be using to build pips to finish the fight.

I occasionally get positive comments along the lines of "I love storm!". I have not yet had anyone complain about me joining without asking.