Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet hatching talents! ._.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 29, 2010
I am on my quest for my "perfect pet" and two stats I would want in it would be enfeeble and shatter. I hatched with someone who had a polar fox with both of those and was only at adult. However the pet I got didn't get either of those when he got to adult and I have a rat magician with fairy and Spritely, my question is if I hatch both my magician and the polar fox is there a chance the pet I get from the hatch will get enfeeble or shatter? Or is it only the stats that manifested?

Justin night breeze :)

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
There is a random chance at getting ANY good stats at all, comrade.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
elfknight814 on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
I am on my quest for my "perfect pet" and two stats I would want in it would be enfeeble and shatter. I hatched with someone who had a polar fox with both of those and was only at adult. However the pet I got didn't get either of those when he got to adult and I have a rat magician with fairy and Spritely, my question is if I hatch both my magician and the polar fox is there a chance the pet I get from the hatch will get enfeeble or shatter? Or is it only the stats that manifested?

Justin night breeze :)
Pets get their talents from their parents, but which ones manifest are completely randomized.

For example, I just got a pet with may cast pierce as a talent. Neither parent had it manifested, so it was clearly in someone's gene pool at one time and was just dormant until now.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Dr Von on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
Pets get their talents from their parents, but which ones manifest are completely randomized.

For example, I just got a pet with may cast pierce as a talent. Neither parent had it manifested, so it was clearly in someone's gene pool at one time and was just dormant until now.
Well Von, I know it wasn't any of my pets that had the mc pierce (insert funny sarcasm here). You know what my pet talents are ..... LOL