Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
How awesome is this fishing feature right! I mean the idea of reaching level 100, beating the game (for now), then going fishing. Its the equivalent of aging, moving to Florida, and living out the rest of your life deep sea fishing :) I love it! I know this has opened many doors to the minds of your design team, but if it isn't already on the table these ideas should be.

1. Mount idea: BOATS Come on ... face it you opened Pandora's box to older players who love to fish. Give us a boat to do it in! Maybe have the animation of the character rowing as it moves along.

2. Attire idea: FISHING GEAR Hats with fly fishing lure's in it, vests, and water wading boots! Allow the gear to be customizable in color. Don't give the gear any attributes though ... let the players stitch them, more money in the bank for you since there are energy boost items already in the Hydra Hoard and other packs.

3. Wand idea: FISHING POLE This would complete the look and you can add a energy boost to the wand since there are no wands currently to my knowledge with an energy boost. These are valid ideas I hope to see in the near future. I will purchase them and so will many other players who love this fishing addition to the worlds best MMORPG game!

- Michael Thunderfist

Survivor
May 27, 2010
Can someone please explain what types of aquarium to buy Are they by levels or what?

Survivor
May 27, 2010
MicheakThunderfist on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
How awesome is this fishing feature right! I mean the idea of reaching level 100, beating the game (for now), then going fishing. Its the equivalent of aging, moving to Florida, and living out the rest of your life deep sea fishing :) I love it! I know this has opened many doors to the minds of your design team, but if it isn't already on the table these ideas should be.

1. Mount idea: BOATS Come on ... face it you opened Pandora's box to older players who love to fish. Give us a boat to do it in! Maybe have the animation of the character rowing as it moves along.

2. Attire idea: FISHING GEAR Hats with fly fishing lure's in it, vests, and water wading boots! Allow the gear to be customizable in color. Don't give the gear any attributes though ... let the players stitch them, more money in the bank for you since there are energy boost items already in the Hydra Hoard and other packs.

3. Wand idea: FISHING POLE This would complete the look and you can add a energy boost to the wand since there are no wands currently to my knowledge with an energy boost. These are valid ideas I hope to see in the near future. I will purchase them and so will many other players who love this fishing addition to the worlds best MMORPG game!

- Michael Thunderfist
I think boat Mounts would be really cool

Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
I love fishing and the only thing I got to say about it is that the ponds are to crowded. I tried changing realms like tons of times but all of them are packed with people.

Survivor
May 17, 2010
just a suggestion set it so when you are fishing people cant send you friend request dont know how many fish i lost because friend request popped up but would like to leave it on for when i am not fishing

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
Good idea! I can't play because my computer is broken, I wish I could play the game

Survivor
May 27, 2010
Lucky Hookline Hello?
I have been asking about the fish aquariums in the crown shop. I have bought ones I cannot even use!!
Could you please explain the different types of tanks and when to buy them?? I have posted this question before and it did not even get posted in the forum. I ask again and still no answer. Am i missing something???

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
Lucky Hook Line,
Here is my wish for all the fish I sell. Allow Wizard's to stock their house's water fronts with fish.
I would rather keep all my fish than sell them. I would like my friends to fish what I have caught and stocked.
This would be a wonderful aspect to add to housing games. A new reason to visit houses on tour.
Thank you for reading this post

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
I do have to say I somewhat agree with the fishes in crafting thing, but perhaps one should be able to purchase fish somewhere? Maybe a shop in the shopping district? Or even from Lucky Hooklime himself? Just an idea I had, seeing as some people don't like that now they have to do a lot of fishing just to continue crafting.

Administrator
Hello young wizards,

To tell which type of aquarium your fish requires, highlight it in your inventory and hover over the icon in the top left.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
I finally answered my own question about how to move fish into the tanks. You open up your housing menu, click on the tank then a pop thing comes up add fish. then it lists all the fish you have that can go into the tank. Now if I could just figure out how to take the plain fish I put in there out and replace them with interesting fish :) Does anyone know how to do that?

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Jack RubyBringer on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Just an idea maybe you can turn the fish you catch into pet snacks (by crafting or something). The bigger the fish the more increase in stats your pets get.

-Jack
I think this would be a great idea, what they have now though is that you can use them in crafting recipes. You can make teleport tapestries once you get to a certain level so you can just teleport to places from your house. It's actually kinda cool.

Diana Swiftfountain, lvl 89,

Survivor
Jan 12, 2011
Survivor
Oct 29, 2012
I think we should also trade fish that would be awesome if we could
-skip and Abby

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
MicheakThunderfist on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:

- Michael Thunderfist
Great ideas, really, () but wouldn't a house you can fish in be nice?

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
Lucky Hookline on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Hullo everyone! I'm Lucky Hookline and I'm gonna teach you about Magical Fishing!

If'n you're level 7 or higher on the Test Realm, come chat with me in the Wizard City Commons.

If you want to fish, you have to go where the fish are! Many areas of the Spiral are populated with fish, and you'll know you're in the right spot when the Fishing Icon appears above your Journal. Clicking on the Fishing Icon displays your Fishing Spells. Fishing is a magical activity in the Spiral, ya know! Fishing is currently only available in Wizard City, Krokotopia, Grizzleheim, and Mooshu. Fishing has only just begun in the Spiral and more Fishing Holes and species are just waiting to be discovered!

There are different types of Fishing Spells, including Fish Catching Spells and Fishing Utility Spells that allow you to reveal a fish's school, or even restock the ponds!

When you're near a body of water, you just have to click on a Fish Catching spell to cast a Magical Lure. These magical lures look like orbs and they act as both a lure and a float, drawing nearby fish to it, as well as bobbing up and down when they bite!

If you don't like where your Magical Lure landed, you can click the cancel button and quickly recast the spell again.

When the Magical Lure flashes, that means a fish has noticed it and is coming closer to take a bite. As it bites, the orb will rise and fall a bit. The trick is to wait until the lure completely sinks below the water and when it does you're going to want to act fast by either clicking on the spell icon again, or pressing the Space bar to catch that fish!

If you succeed and catch the fish, you'll see the name and size. Small Fries are the tiniest ones, while Whoppers are the biggest.

Fish are stored in your Fish Basket. The Angler's Tome displays a record of all the fish you've ever caught.
well now that it is in the live realm it is still pretty hard

Survivor
Feb 26, 2013
Suri SoulHunter on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Can someone please explain what types of aquarium to buy Are they by levels or what?
it is by fish not by levels. most fish are in regular keeper aquarium

Survivor
Feb 26, 2013
gnarley1234 on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
just a suggestion set it so when you are fishing people cant send you friend request dont know how many fish i lost because friend request popped up but would like to leave it on for when i am not fishing
i agree it is annoying

Survivor
Feb 26, 2013
Suri SoulHunter on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
Lucky Hookline Hello?
I have been asking about the fish aquariums in the crown shop. I have bought ones I cannot even use!!
Could you please explain the different types of tanks and when to buy them?? I have posted this question before and it did not even get posted in the forum. I ask again and still no answer. Am i missing something???
when you look at the fish and see the aquarium run the mouse over it and it will tell you the aquarium to buy
Tall Keeper are Blackberry Jelly, Cuddlefish, Grape Jelly, Marmalade Jelly, and Strawberry Jellyfish. now it is said is a whopper or tiny then you will need the Tall Whopper or the Tall Tiny. The Large Keeper there is only one fish that will go in there and it is the Sun Ray. And the Regular Keep are the other fish you may catch unless it is tiny or whopper

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
After reading the thread only a couple things to say:

- You can transfer fish to sharebank once they are put in the aquarium.

- I would love fishing wands with energy boost.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
Since I love collecting stuff, I find that I enjoy fishing very much. It took me a while but I have caught all the species of fish. I love displaying my fishes, and thanks to the change that made it easier to craft Regular Keeper Aquariums, I was able to craft enough aquariums to display them.
While I have more than enough Regular Keeper Aquarium to display my fish collection, I am still in need of Tall Keeper and Large Keeper Aquariums. My wizards are struggling to catch enough Gullfish Groupers and Catfish because they are not very common. My fishing basket is already filled with Stormcudas and Firecudas, but the fishes I really need are hard to come by.
Crafting aquariums will be much player-friendly if the recipes for the Tall and Large Keeper Aquariums will be changed to use Stormcuda and Firecuda, respectively, instead of the less common fishes.