Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Item set bonus!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
When gather all the items of a set (Hat, Robe, Shoes,) they should each offer a set bonus. When you have two pieces of the set, you get an extra boost of every attribute. (Accuracy, Health, Resist, Damage, Critical, ETC) and when completing the entire set, every attribute is doubled! Sound cool

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
AnimebotAKC on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
When gather all the items of a set (Hat, Robe, Shoes,) they should each offer a set bonus. When you have two pieces of the set, you get an extra boost of every attribute. (Accuracy, Health, Resist, Damage, Critical, ETC) and when completing the entire set, every attribute is doubled! Sound cool
the whole double thing? No. Crowns gear would be insanely OP for anything. It would be like 800 Critical, 160 Damage, and other stuff like that. And don't even get me started on Jade Armor. Right now, I'm saying no.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I like the idea of set bonuses (which is why other games have done it in the past), but it would have to be done carefully to maintain a proper balance

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
LOL at doubling. Like Jade gear isn't enough resist, you want to make it immune to shrike too now. I don't like the idea of bonuses just for using the same gear in a set. The gear in this game is really meant to be used in a mix and match fashion in my opinion. It allows players to best customize their wizards to their own style of play. Rewarding people for using certain preset patterns made by the designers or marketing team just makes no sense at all.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Let's not. Mix and match is usually better. Rewarding sets is a step the wrong way.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I see nothing wrong with set bonuses. Many games use this to reward those who work hard to attain items.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Intrepidatius on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
I see nothing wrong with set bonuses. Many games use this to reward those who work hard to attain items.
We already get enough of a boost, gear from Waterworks, Tartarus, etc is usually the best in the game. Consider fighting those Hades crit monsters in the arena. Now give them Shadow Shrike-like gear pierce, massive damage boosts, and impossibly huge critical. Have fun.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Yes doubling it would be so great, right? I mean who doesn't love a Ice having 250+ resist to Fire and Storm? Not to mention the 100+ resist to others... Oh and the jade gear, I would love to see the 160+ resist to ALL schools. I would so love that for my storm, over 1000 critical, 60+ armor piercing, 200+ damage. It'll be awesome, no?

But for real. Doubling the stats is way too much, about a 3% bonus would be good, or maybe 5%? Nothing as much as that.

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
This would really, really, REALLY unbalance the game. Say. Me: I farm my new hat! *gets one and wears* This one is normal! Lets get another one! *gets another hat which is more powerful* I am a boss! * one hits boss and gets hat* I'm already one hitting maxes! Weee!!!!

Really? Just a level 44 one hitting maxes. This might come in handy sometimes. Like. CPU battles. But pvp... they should take it off for pvp.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Robobot1747 on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
We already get enough of a boost, gear from Waterworks, Tartarus, etc is usually the best in the game. Consider fighting those Hades crit monsters in the arena. Now give them Shadow Shrike-like gear pierce, massive damage boosts, and impossibly huge critical. Have fun.
I never suggested what bonus to give them. All i stated is i see nothing wrong with it<and still don't>. It is a much tried and proven system that is used in many mmorpg's and stand alone games.