Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Villain Philosophy

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 13, 2012
Everyone asks "Why are the villains death? What about other schools?" It is simply because of the philosophy King's Isle made for them. "Philosophy? What is Miranda talking about?" The game creators made philosophy for each school in the game (via the test in the begining). For my school, we rely on persistence. With persistence, anything can be achieved. For fire it is that their emotions is what they are all about. When they are angry, get out of that realm! When they are in a kind mood, it may be crowded. With storm, it is about the feeling of "eureka!" It is like when you make an amazing discovery that you now know! With myth, it is about being in a state of creation, that you must not let go wild. I forgot the one for life :(
The reason that they are is because of their philosophy that you must steal from others to achieve greatness. That is also why they can steal health.
I hope this answered your questions!

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Miranda Dreamsong on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
Everyone asks "Why are the villains death? What about other schools?" It is simply because of the philosophy King's Isle made for them. "Philosophy? What is Miranda talking about?" The game creators made philosophy for each school in the game (via the test in the begining). For my school, we rely on persistence. With persistence, anything can be achieved. For fire it is that their emotions is what they are all about. When they are angry, get out of that realm! When they are in a kind mood, it may be crowded. With storm, it is about the feeling of "eureka!" It is like when you make an amazing discovery that you now know! With myth, it is about being in a state of creation, that you must not let go wild. I forgot the one for life :(
The reason that they are is because of their philosophy that you must steal from others to achieve greatness. That is also why they can steal health.
I hope this answered your questions!
However stories can become unpredictable, just like real life. We don't know exactly whats to come next. True you can take an approach as you have, but can you be 100% accurate? No. We might end up seeing a new Fire enemy, or a Storm enemy, maybe Life. Who knows? Only the story and time will tell.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Hmmm I actually think that using death magic makes a wizard more likely to lose their minds.

Go to the death school and read the book pedestal in the classroom. The book says that necromancy magic focuses on manipulating chaos, which is why the magic of death is located between the magic of ice and storm.

Every time you cast a death spell you are dipping into raw chaos. Raising the dead, transferring life, preventing healing. Dipping into chaos to counter the natural order of things.
We don't just steal life, we can give some of our life to others, and even turn it into a blade or for others to use. using the chaos to change the world. As long as you are rational you can change things for the better. If you are crazy, what do you care about morals?
I don't think it is the philosophy of death so much as the philosophy of obsession.

I don't think death makes wizards evil, I think that it can make them crazy.
Malistare was obsessed with bringing his wife back to life. Because of that obsession, he didn't care about anything else. Before his wife died he was a great teacher.
Morganth? She has her own obsession. She is obsessed with ruling the spiral, and quite frankly I think she killed Malistare's wife with shadow magic. The greatest life teacher dieing of a cold that couldn't be cured? No. But dyeing from a spell that no one recognized? Quite possible. She used Malistare, no sane wizard would help her. But an insane one? A wizard driven mad with grief? Malistare was already a powerful death wizard, he probably used death magic every day to teach classes, he just needed a push to knock him off his rocker.

I would like to see more death spells that are double edged. I want to be constantly asking myself, "is this spell worth the risk?" I think that is the philosophy of The death school, and I think we need more spells that show that.

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
KaneDeathBringer23... on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
However stories can become unpredictable, just like real life. We don't know exactly whats to come next. True you can take an approach as you have, but can you be 100% accurate? No. We might end up seeing a new Fire enemy, or a Storm enemy, maybe Life. Who knows? Only the story and time will tell.
Sorry Kane, but I was referring to the prior and current villains. I was thinking maybe a villain could be fire since their emotions tear them apart or make them extremely happy.