Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"sleep" mode?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 03, 2009
im always worried when I get up from my game (for a short amount of time, like 5 minutes, not long enough for it to be worth logging out & logging back in) that my friends going to ask me for help with something ,and since im not there, that theyre going to think im ignoring them or just being a jerk.

I thought it would be helpful if after, like, one minute of standing idle, a bubble goes over your head indicating you might be away from your keyboard (like a sleep bubble?) and if someone tries to private chat you it sends a little chat back that tells them that your character's asleep asleep, and may not have received their message.
-autumn level 51

Community Leader
While I can definitely see the benefit in this, there is already something you can do to make this happen.

Go to the Pet Pavilion in Wizard City and enter a game without a time limit. (eg: Cannon Game) Then, just stay there until you come back. You can exit the game by pressing the red 'X' in the lower right hand corner of the screen with no energy cost.

Any friend that attempts to message you will get a dialog box saying "I'm sorry, that wizard is busy and did not receive your message." or something along those lines.

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
Agepoyo on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:
im always worried when I get up from my game (for a short amount of time, like 5 minutes, not long enough for it to be worth logging out & logging back in) that my friends going to ask me for help with something ,and since im not there, that theyre going to think im ignoring them or just being a jerk.

I thought it would be helpful if after, like, one minute of standing idle, a bubble goes over your head indicating you might be away from your keyboard (like a sleep bubble?) and if someone tries to private chat you it sends a little chat back that tells them that your character's asleep asleep, and may not have received their message.
-autumn level 51
This is a really good idea. I like it

Survivor
Sep 28, 2013
Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
Agepoyo on Mar 5, 2014 wrote:

-autumn level 51
Hrm.....
I totally agree with this. I am idle all the time and I hate pulling up my spellbook just to show people "Hey! I'm BRB! Come on and spam me with friend request!" I would LOVE a feature like this to tell friends who message you, "Sorry, this player is idle right now." Or when someone sends you a friend request, it would say back, "This player is idle and isn't accepting friend request currently." I would really hope Kingsisle adds your idea! :D
~Abigail DragonDreamer
Level 47 Pyromancer