Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2d Combat Display Showing Blades

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
So, I had an idea in my head when helping my friend get Elixir Vitae (1,000,000 heal) badge, and I was thinking, How about when you hover your mouse over the 2d parchment thingy, it shows all blades and traps on the person? This would be very helpful, wouldn't it? So, here's the idea I had a little more explained:

On the 2d Combat Display parchment that shows health, there would be little circles with symbols to show what blades somewhat has on them. All the symbols would be the same, a global trap (feint, hex) would be the spiral sign, an invisible trap (like the one Cronus uses) would not show, and cloaked blades/traps would use the regular symbol. For blades, the symbols would be circles with symbols, and the traps would be circles. If they were negative, then they would have spikes around them. Hovering your mouse over them would show what they add, such as 40% damage, or 8% pierce. If it were cloaked, then it would just show three or four question marks.

So, who likes the idea?

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
That is a much needed thing this game needs. I can't tell you how many times i have put up 2 sets of sharpened blades when i forgot whether i had put a normal or enchanted charm up first.

would also help to tell the difference between what your allies have too in case you're playing a support roll like with what balance does with blade storm.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I have posted a similar idea before, adding color glow to sharp and potent would be a better solution. The 2d display is way too small an area to show them.

You have 4 different sharps and 3 potents. Between my pet and items and TC I can cast 5 blades, 4 elemental/spirit blades, 4 traps, 4 elemental/spirit traps, 5 feints. More can be done if you include item blades. My idea is to at least add a gold glow for blades or traps from regular sharp/potent, lighter yellow glow from TC, blue from item, light blue from pet.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
My biggest wish for the 2D display is that it would stay up for the whole turn and not disappear once spells are chosen. Watching the same combat animations over and over loses its fascination quickly, I'd like to have the 2d display information available for planning my next turn.