Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

leveling up pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2012
I think that it would be cool if there were some sort of quests, that would help level up your pets. Like maybe collecting different items around wizard city, or talking to different people about their pets.
I think that right now the games available to level up pets are kind of tedious, it would be cool if there was an alternative, that could level up your pet, and still be fun.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2013
This could be efficient for some but unfair for others. It would be easy just to do those quests, transfer pet through bank, and do them again. That is both quick, and some may see it as unfair. Also, others wouldn't have access to these quests or even a a pet worth training. That too is unfair. I love the idea but i think it needs some tweaking.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
I think it would be alright to include some generic quests that give pet experience as a reward, probably as an item that is used on the active pet (in case a pet is not equipped on completion of the quest).

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
Sounds interesting but it will make pet training too easy and pet snacks useless.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Amber Shade on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
I think that it would be cool if there were some sort of quests, that would help level up your pets. Like maybe collecting different items around wizard city, or talking to different people about their pets.
I think that right now the games available to level up pets are kind of tedious, it would be cool if there was an alternative, that could level up your pet, and still be fun.
I've read and responded to this post a few times now, and I've seen Seether respond to it as well.

This should NEVER happen.

You've got a half dozen different little games to level up your pet.
You've got a pet pavillion with these games.
People buy Mega Snack packs, Couch Potatoes, Evil magma Peas...etc in order to feed to their pets and level them up.

If you could just do little quests, to get your pets these levels, how would KI make any crowns(money) for it?

It would be absolute idiocy on thier part to throw away thousands of dollars each month, just to make pet leveling easier for us.
Right now, between my 4 gardens(2 x 24 CP's and 2 x 32 EMP's) I can level a pet from hatch to ancient in a single session.
I can then rehatch, and do it again 12 hours later.
I've still got hundreds of Mega Snacks available to my 4 wizards on this account in my shared bank.

It's very easy to level a pet. It takes the time to harvest/collect snacks, but once you've sunk your money into the gardens, it's an easy go from there.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
Sarg042 on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
I've read and responded to this post a few times now, and I've seen Seether respond to it as well.

This should NEVER happen.

You've got a half dozen different little games to level up your pet.
You've got a pet pavillion with these games.
People buy Mega Snack packs, Couch Potatoes, Evil magma Peas...etc in order to feed to their pets and level them up.

If you could just do little quests, to get your pets these levels, how would KI make any crowns(money) for it?

It would be absolute idiocy on thier part to throw away thousands of dollars each month, just to make pet leveling easier for us.
Right now, between my 4 gardens(2 x 24 CP's and 2 x 32 EMP's) I can level a pet from hatch to ancient in a single session.
I can then rehatch, and do it again 12 hours later.
I've still got hundreds of Mega Snacks available to my 4 wizards on this account in my shared bank.

It's very easy to level a pet. It takes the time to harvest/collect snacks, but once you've sunk your money into the gardens, it's an easy go from there.
I'm surprised the, so-called, monitors even let your post through. This idea seems fair in every way to me and I find it disrespectful to insult anyone over, what should be, your opinion. You're stating your thoughts as a fact which is not the case. Amber Shade took the time to be kind and post an idea of hers. Do your job and provide feedback, don't insult or be so rude in your post.
This idea is completely fair, some people can't afford gardens like you and to them, being able to pay to level your pets is unfair. This would even things out. Amber never said that the quests would level our pets by a significant amount anyway. But whether the quests did or not, it's completely fair. Everyone would have access to it, everyone would have a free way to level their pets at a faster rate and everyone with a "pet worth level" most likely has subscription or already spends a lot of money on crowns. There is no need to make them have to pay more.
If this idea was ever used, I'm guessing you're only upset because you can't use your money to have as big of an advantage over the people who can't afford that. You still would have your snacks from gardening and pay for energy and come off greedy, rude and spoiled from your post.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
You can feed old crowns items to your pet and get some points If all your characters are L60+ and you have a bunch of L40 crowns gear clogging up your banks, why not?
Try playing at kifreegames.com, you can play from your iPhone or iPad and get pet XP.

I play Grumpy Gobblers, just play the easiest level, get your 4 points and feed your pet. It goes pretty quickly. There's no bonus for harder levels or high scores, so there's no reason to play anything except the easiest.