Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

...Lets Talk Magic...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Emerald9649 on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
~ Hello Friends, I wanted to edit my Promethean Spells. They'll be minor changed but I hope you'll like them...
Pegasus;
Rank 11 Storm: 1400 Storm damage to All Enemies + 12% Windstorm.
Valkyrie;
Rank 11 Ice: 1075-1175 Ice damage to All Enemies + 25% Legion Shield to All Allies.
Cherufe;
Rank 11 Fire: 1450-1550 Fire damage to a Single Enemy + Stun.
Hecate;
Rank 11 Balance: 600-700 + 800 Balance damage Overtime to All Enemies over a period of 3 rounds and 10% Bladestorm to All Allies.
Moerae;
Rank 11 Death: 1100-1250 Death damage-swap half into health for Caster to a Single Enemy + 25% Death Damage Globe.
Griffin;
Rank 11 Myth: 1300-1400 Myth damage to all Enemies + Enfeeble on all Enemies.
Nature's Carol;
Rank 11 Life; 675-700 + 500 Life damage Overtime to All Enemies and 600 Healing to All Allies.
These are the finished spells, what do you think?
~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emerald...
I've also decided to describe my ideal animations for my Promethean Spells, I hope you all like them...

Storm: Once the Spell is casted a blue-violet pattern appears within the center of the arena. From it a violet tornado springs out and the camera zooms in onto the tornado where a sudden thunder sound comes forth and two glowing purple eyes appear. Then giant wings burst the tornado open and Pegasus appears. He makes some of his horse noises and then blasts his giant wings onto the enemies sending powerful winds and rain onto them. Then before he is about to leave he makes more horse noises and lightning bolts come down on all enemies leaving a storm trap on them.

I'll continue with the other animations as I write out the quest plots.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Emerald9649 on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
I've also decided to describe my ideal animations for my Promethean Spells, I hope you all like them...

Storm: Once the Spell is casted a blue-violet pattern appears within the center of the arena. From it a violet tornado springs out and the camera zooms in onto the tornado where a sudden thunder sound comes forth and two glowing purple eyes appear. Then giant wings burst the tornado open and Pegasus appears. He makes some of his horse noises and then blasts his giant wings onto the enemies sending powerful winds and rain onto them. Then before he is about to leave he makes more horse noises and lightning bolts come down on all enemies leaving a storm trap on them.

"Hello! Young wizard, please come see me in the classroom at soon as possible. It's time for your Promethean Spell!" said the teacher.

Upon entering the classroom...

~ Fire ~
"Hello, hello. How are you my little Pyromancer?" "You're here for your next spell, aren't you?" "Excellent, excellent. I have just the spell for you, it's called the Cherufe. A powerful monster made of fire and lava."
"Sadly, I'm missing a few reagents to summon one. That's where you come in. You see; before Dragonspyre was ruined there used to be marvelous mines with a rock that the Cherufe would eat. The rock is known as Khrysalite. And the only other world with this reagent is in Khrysalis. But I'm not sure where it's located. Maybe if you asked that mantis friend of yours, Zaltana, she could tell you. Go there and ask, then return with the rock."
Upon speaking to Zaltana...
"(Bug noises) Hello wizard... (Bug noises) What can I do for you?" "Hmm...you need to find Khrysalite. Yes, yes. I think I know where you can find some. Go to Tyrian Gorge and fight some Centipedes. They usually always carrying some of that rock in their pockets." (Not doing quests this time, sorry.)
Upon returning to Falmea....
"You've got it? Excellent! Now, these last two reagents can be found closer to home." "Go to DragonMouth Cave in Golem Court and collect some Flames from the Brazier."
Upon entering the Cave...
(Narrator): You look into the flame and it seems to speak as you collect some Flames.
Upon returning to Falmea...
"You have the flame? Grand! Now for the last reagent." "Go to Marleybone and collect some scrap metal from the Clockworks in the IronWorks."
Upon returning to Falmea...
"Now. We have all the reagents but we need a good place to summon the Cherufe. Hmm... how about one of the empty towers in the Tower Archives? Yes, that will do. Just go to an empty tower there and place the reagents in a pile and melt them together with the flame you got earlier."
Upon reaching the Tower in the Tower Archives...
(Narrator): You do as you were instructed and soon the reagents begin to melt and something monstrous forms in place.
Cherufe: (ROAR!) Who dares summon me!?! You! Prepare to face my fiery fury!
Cherufe Rank 12 Fire Boss (Looks like a Magma Colossus but with constant flames burning off of it)
Spells Known: Fuel, Fire Trap, Magma Colossus, Efreet, Scald, Furnace, Detonate, Fire Blade, Fire Pierce, Ice Shield, WyldFire.
Cheats: Everytime you use a Negative Ward Cherufe says "Stay and Feel the Heat!" then casts a Scald upon you.
Once the Cherufe is defeated...
"You've bested the Cherufe? Excellent! But I think we should try a tamed summon. Go back to Dragonspyre and summon the Cherufe in the Basilica's lower levels."
Upon summoning the Cherufe...
"Student of fire! You've done well to defeat me. You have earned my respect, I shall aid you at your call!"
Once you summon the Cherufe the quest is instantly completed and you get your new spell.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010

Fire: Once the Spell is casted the floor turns into a forest and then the ground shatters spewing out magma melting everything. A few seconds later a monster rises from the lava and it's eyes begin to glow. It roars at the target and then lifts its arm. The arm begins to change into a massive fiery hammer and is slammed onto the target. This causes flames to envelope the target and stuns them. Then the monster vanishes...

Defender
Sep 18, 2010

Valkyrie; The Arena's floor is cloaked in a dark fog, a few small wisps of blue light occasionally float up from the fog and into the air. Soon they began to swirl; faster and faster. Until at last a woman cloaked in white and blue appears. She has white hair and is crowned with a crystal tiara. She wears a blue dress with white-colored-metal over certain parts. From her back two large white wings grow. And at her right lies a sword made of blue ice stuck into the earth. She reaches over and pulls twice before finally removing the sword from the earth. As she pulls the sword out and lifts it into the air a blue energy begins to shroud the sword. She then flies over to the target at quick speed. As the camera zooms in you can see her preparing to swing the sword at the target. Then the first strike is shown and the target is enveloped in Ice from the touch of the Sword. And then the Ice shatters inflicting the damage.This pattern continues until all targets are damaged. The Valkyrie then turns around and with a wave of her hand sends some of the fog from the floor onto the Caster and his/her 's allies cloaking them with the fog. The fog then becomes a Legion Shield. And like all Spells she then vanishes.

Hecate; The Camera zooms into the sky and soon an Aquilan sky is visible. Birds are chirping flying about when suddenly a storm rolls over. Lightning shoots everywhere and the Camera zooms back down to the Arena. A lightning bolt then zaps the Arena and from the flash a female Eagle is born. She wears Aquilan Arm with a helm under her left arm and a staff in the other. She stares at the target making an unhappy face before lifting the staff. As she raises it in the air a lighting bolt strikes it and then she points the top of the staff at the target and he/she is zapped with a massive amount of blue electricity. The target gains damage from these bolts and the pattern continues until everyone has taken damage. She then turns towards the caster's side and points her staff at him/ her and more electricity is thrown towards him/her but much thinner. This then gives the caster a blade and the pattern continues until his/her team all have blades.

I hope you liked these ideas...I struggled to think up a good animation for them.....

~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emerald.....

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Emerald9649 on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
Valkyrie; The Arena's floor is cloaked in a dark fog, a few small wisps of blue light occasionally float up from the fog and into the air. Soon they began to swirl; faster and faster. Until at last a woman cloaked in white and blue appears. She has white hair and is crowned with a crystal tiara. She wears a blue dress with white-colored-metal over certain parts. From her back two large white wings grow. And at her right lies a sword made of blue ice stuck into the earth. She reaches over and pulls twice before finally removing the sword from the earth. As she pulls the sword out and lifts it into the air a blue energy begins to shroud the sword. She then flies over to the target at quick speed. As the camera zooms in you can see her preparing to swing the sword at the target. Then the first strike is shown and the target is enveloped in Ice from the touch of the Sword. And then the Ice shatters inflicting the damage.This pattern continues until all targets are damaged. The Valkyrie then turns around and with a wave of her hand sends some of the fog from the floor onto the Caster and his/her 's allies cloaking them with the fog. The fog then becomes a Legion Shield. And like all Spells she then vanishes.

Hecate; The Camera zooms into the sky and soon an Aquilan sky is visible. Birds are chirping flying about when suddenly a storm rolls over. Lightning shoots everywhere and the Camera zooms back down to the Arena. A lightning bolt then zaps the Arena and from the flash a female Eagle is born. She wears Aquilan Arm with a helm under her left arm and a staff in the other. She stares at the target making an unhappy face before lifting the staff. As she raises it in the air a lighting bolt strikes it and then she points the top of the staff at the target and he/she is zapped with a massive amount of blue electricity. The target gains damage from these bolts and the pattern continues until everyone has taken damage. She then turns towards the caster's side and points her staff at him/ her and more electricity is thrown towards him/her but much thinner. This then gives the caster a blade and the pattern continues until his/her team all have blades.

I hope you liked these ideas...I struggled to think up a good animation for them.....

~Sincerely, Hunter the Verdant Emerald.....
This is a continuation of the spell animations...

~Death~

An uncanny fog covers the Arena, ghostly howls can be heard from afar. The sky is dark and the only sources of light are from three ghostly wisps floating all around. After about several seconds of the wisps dancing the camera zooms in just as they clash together. Beams of light burst from the clash spinning everywhere like strobe lights. And then at last three figures appear; all three of them in a triangle formation. They appear cloaked in black and their hands folded in the long sleeves of their robes. Their faces aren't visible but their glowing blue eyes are. From their backs sprout skeletal wings and they stare cautiously and angrily at their target(s). Suddenly! The one furthest to the left of the triangular formation pulls her hand out and begins changing. From her chant the spirit of her target is drained from him/her and shoots into the sky above them. Then the woman furthest to the right turns towards the Caster and she crouches down spreading both of her hands out to her sides. And as she does that the energy floating above them shoots down upon the Caster restoring some of his/her health. Then the final figure begins to fly up from the floor and grabbing the remaining mysterious energy in the sky she says a few chants and a Death Globe springs from it. Then they vanish.

~Myth~

Once the spell is casted the arena trembles and shakes. Large chunks of rock sprout from the earth leaving cracks in the arena. They slow down as they spread from the earth. Except one of them, it grows for sometime until at last it pierces the sky. Clouds swarm around this massive pillar. (The camera is following the rock as it grows.) Soon the camera is focused on the apex of the pillar. And as the camera stops at the top a large griffin stands proud on top. White winged with a massive brown mane and eyes that are a rich light blue glow. It's legs are part lion and part eagle and it's tail is large and whip like. The Griffin pounces from it's rock and before it lands opens its wings up and begins to fly. It roars at its target(s) and then shoots a powerful beam of golden mythical energy at it's opponent from it's mouth/eyes. This pattern continues until all enemies have been attacked. Then the griffin flaps its massive wings causing a windstorm. During this occurrence all positive charms on the targets are destroyed. The griffin then flies back up before everything vanishes.

Again I hope you enjoyed these ideas.

~Sincerely, Hunter....

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Well I like your spell ideas and animations for the new high level spells (11 pips) we are to be getting. I can tell you put serious time and thought into them and I think they are well written. I hope KI takes a long at what you have, because I think they are right about where they need to be. A few might be need adjusted slightly but I think you did good.

I said before I didn't like the blast ideas lol, what about a few more utility spells for each school? You know, Avalon-esque type spells.

and made out like bandits with their utilty spells.

Healing Current and Enfeeble. Manaburn and SuperNova (i mix name up with power nova sometimes)

Pretty solid utility spells.

I'd say and made out the best next. With a great spell and an ok situational one.

Guardian Spirit and Mass Triage. Snow Drift and Cooldown.

and got just ok.

Backdraft is limited as a trap. Bad juju is alright. Push is ok when time right too.
Detonate VERY situational. Mass infection (could have gotten better) Dimensional Shift, one of worst spells in the game.

I think some 6 pip or less utility spells may be in order as well considering not everybody uses their utility spells, if at all.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
~ Hello Everyone. So recently, as we all know, Khrysalis Part II came out. And along with these updates some new Shadow Magic came out. These new forms of Shadow magic are called Shadow Creatures and each of them, like the Shadow Self spells, are unique in their own ways. But, like in the past with Shadow Seraph, Shadow Shepherd is two times as worse. Why? Well one, you need to wait a series of rounds to gain two Shadow Pips and then three rounds using only Heals, Drains, and Shadow Self spells to power it up. ((It doesn't like Positive Charms so it would be wise if you're going for a massive attack to have an ally do this or to cast the Universal Negative Wards and Universal Positive Charms ahead of time.)) Now once it's the fourth round the Shadow Shepherd will attack all enemies and then she will heal like a normal Drain spell would. But now, here comes the part that messes up the spell. The Backlash! Yes, yes, you just spent three or less rounds Healing to power her up only for her to attack, heal you some more, and then inflict damage upon you? How is that fair? It's not, and I think it's time for a change to both Shadow Shepherd and Shadow Seraph. So, here's my suggestion.

Unlike the Shadow Sentinel, Shadow Shrike, Dark Fiend, and Dark Nova the Shadow Shepherd and Shadow Seraph should have a different form of Backlash. This form of Backlash will instead of doing Damage to yourself give you some sort of penalty like some of the olde Death spells from the past. So, as I was saying. Instead of damage Shadow Shepherd should leave you with a Weakness or Infection depending on how much you angered or pleased it. If you didn't heal at all it should leave a -75% Weakness on you and if you did heal once then it should leave a -50% Weakness upon you and so forth. This same effect should apply to Shadow Shepherd. But now the question is, what do you think? ~

~Sincerely, Umbra...

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
~ Hello. Recently there's been some discussion on Twitter regarding AOE Spells. Apparently Myth Wizards feel they want/need another AOE spell sometime during Celestia, Zafaria, or Avalon since it's hard to Quest knowing that Frog isn't always reliable. So, to please their rage I've conjured not only a Spell for Myth Wizards but a Spell for Life Wizards too. Why? Well lets look at a chart: ~

Storm: 3
Ice: 4
Fire: 5
Balance: 3
Death: 3
Myth: 2
Life: 1

((Did you notice how Fire has the most AOEs and Life and Myth have the least? Anyways, now it's Spell presenting time.))

Spell Name:
Seasons Greetings (Life)

Effects:
5 Pips 550 Life Damage to All Enemies + Life Damage Globe cast.

Animation:

~ A light brown coloured tree appears upon muddy earth. To her left moss covered rocks lay within the mud. She has a pair of hollowed out eyes that glow faintly green and a hollowed out mouth. Her leaves are a mix of snow covered branches, orange/red coloured leaves cherry blossom petals, and bright/dark green leaves. She then pulls herself up, gathering in air, then breaths out onto the opponents, blowing a mixture of snow, petals, and red/orange/green leaves onto the opponent. Lastly, just like the Forest Lord she vanishes into fall coloured leaves which also spawns the Life Globe. ~

I will include the Myth Spell in the second upcoming post. But in the meantime I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone. Thank you.

~Sincerely, Umbra...

Defender
Sep 18, 2010

~ To continue. I'll now present the Myth Spell idea.

Name: The Oracle ((Myth)) 9 Pips, 4 Power Pips.

Effects: 660 Myth Damage to All Enemies + a 300 Heal Overtime for three rounds to the Caster.

Animation:
~ Clouds swarm the floor and a small isle with an Aquilan shrine rises from the clouds. The shrine is simply decorated with marble columns that create a circle enclosing a female Aquilan priest who is praying and floating gently in the air. As the camera zooms in she lifts her head up and her eyes glow a mystic coloured blue. She then begins to create a ball of air with her winged arms and the ball of air begins to morph into a glowing blue flame. After a series of seconds the flame calms down and she throws it in the sky where it explodes and four rays of blue energy come crashing down upon each opponent doing damage. Once this animation has been completed the isle and herself turn to the Caster and she repeats the animation but instead of a blue flame it's a green flame. And the rays of light are also green and gently sounding when they hit the Caster. This leaves a heal overtime upon the Caster. Then just like all Spells she'll vanish. But first the temple will sink back beneath the clouds and then the clouds roll away, vanishing. ~

Now that I have written out this Spell I'd appreciate some feedback. Overtime I may create more Spells and stuff so check back soon. However, I'd also like to see some of your Spell ideas. So don't be afraid to submit them. Anyways, thanks for checking out my Thread. See you in the Spiral! ~

~Sincerely, Umbra...

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
I have an idea, called Mystic magic, instead of light. Here are the spells:
Abolish: Destroy target's Backlash, dealing damage that the backlash had stored. (9 Pips)
Quantum Field: Global Spell that gives +25% Mystic Damage, but +25% incoming Damage. (4 Pips)
Beaming Rays: 1300 Base Mystic Damage, putting a +325 DOT Mystic on the target, and a +500 DOT on you. (10 Pips)
Accretion: Steal effects of opposing side's auras, have an animation that steals their aura and puts it on the caster. (8 Pips)
Other Ideas:
(Spell) Eldritch: +30 Damage, +15 incoming damage, -10% Critical Block. (0 Pips)
(Spell) Reflective: When cast, the target's aura reverses itself, mirroring its effects. (ex. Virulence: +25% Outgoing , +5% Power Pip Chance, and +10% Incoming for 4 rounds. Reversed Virulence: -25% Outgoing , -5% Power Pip Chance and -10% Incoming for 4 rounds. You get it from the Solar Soul, in my other post. (2 Pips)
(Spell) Vigorous: +1500 DOT on all enemies, though gives target +50% Balance Blade. (5 Pips)
(Spell) Hierarchy: (14 Pips) Based on level range, the damage is the following:
Novice: 20 DOT for 3 rounds. (60)
Apprentice: 65 DOT for 3 rounds. (195)
Initiate: 135 DOT for 3 rounds. (405)
Journeyman: 200 DOT for 3 rounds. (600)
Adept: 310 DOT for 3 rounds. (930)
Magus: 480 DOT for 3 rounds. (1440)
Master: 520 DOT for 3 rounds. (1560)
Grandmaster: 600 DOT for 3 rounds. (1800)
Legendary: 705 DOT for 3 rounds. (2115) +25% BalanceBlade on target.
Transcendent: 790 DOT for 3 rounds. (2370) -15% Shield on target.
Archmage: 850 DOT for 3 rounds. (2550) -25% Shield on target.
Promethean: 930 DOT for 3 rounds. (2790) -40% Shield on target.
Exalted (and above): DOT 1000 for first round, 1000 for second round, and 1000 for the third. (3000) -70% Shield on target.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
~ I've always wanted to see another Scorpion spell. And so I present a new "upgraded" version for my new Rank 12 spell ideas. It could probably be a Balance spell or maybe a Death spell. As a compromise I'll present two animations. One for the Balance version and one for the Death version. I hope you like them! ~

~ Scorpio ~ Balance ~ Rank 12 ~
Deals 1400 Balance Damage to One Enemy and leaves a 300 Balance Overtime upon the Opponent. This Overtime effect will last for a total of 3 Rounds dealing a 100 Damage per round.

~ Animation ~ The Camera zooms in towards the sky where stars in the form of the Scorpio constellation glow a bright white. The constellation slowly begins to take on the form of a large royal_purple colored scorpion. Upon its skin there are runes that glow a bright blue, its eyes also glow. Once its fully formed it drops from the sky onto the battle field. The scorpion takes up most of the dueling circle as it stares at its target hissing into the air releasing a purple toxin. After drawing on the power of its Caster's charms and using the wards to power its attack its claws are ignited with a blue fire and it hunches forward attacking fiercely with the claws. Then after the damage has been dealt it pulls back its claws and points its stinger at the opponent. Quickly forming a purplish-blue orb of fire forms and is then shot at the opponent in the form of a brightly colored light beam. This second attack covers the enemy in fire and leaves him/her with the damage over round. The Scorpio then vanishes into fire ending its animation. ~

~ So this is the Balance version. I will include the Death one in my next Post. And I'd appreciate some feedback. ~

~Sincerely, Umbra...

Defender
Sep 18, 2010

~ To continue:

~ Skeletal Scorpio ~ Death ~ Rank 12 ~
Deals 1200-1450 Death Damage to One Enemy and leaves a 300 Death Overtime upon the Opponent. This overtime effect will last for a total of 3 Rounds dealing 100 Damage per round.

~ Animation ~ A sandy graveyard with giant bones sunken into the sand appears before the duelists. Upon the bones runes of magic are inscribed. These runes begin to glow with a purple mystic energy and make the bones float upwards from the sand. Quickly they form a giant skeletal scorpion which falls to the dueling circle, taking up most of the space. It hisses cold air at its target before drawing on the power of its Caster's charms and using the wards to boost its attack it tightly gripping its target with its claws inducing pain. Afterwards it slams its stinger into its target injecting poison which leaves the Overtime effect. It then vanishes into ash ending its animation. ~

~ I hope you liked the Spells and their animations. If you have any constructive criticism please share it with me. ~

~Sincerely, Umbra...

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
And also, for the Mystic Magic, the way you get it is by the following quest line:
(Level 104)Talk to Merle Ambrose in The Commons.
Speak to Bartelby in Ravenwood.
Go to Radiance Reborn in Khrysalis, and speak to the bubble trainer.
Go to Sardonyx, and climb aboard a bug boat. (Takes you to Ruined Alcazar)
Defeat Elementals for 2 Mystic Charges.
Go to Crescent Beach, and defeat 4 White Razors to collect Ultra Gems.
Go to Merle Ambrose's Tower. (To absorb the power of the crystal in the middle of the spiral)
Go to Celestia, and talk to the Archive in The Stellarium.
Defeat Guards of Light in The Stellarium.
Go to Polaris, and throw the crystals into the air. (Abolish: Death, Myth, Life. Accretion: Storm, Balance, Ice, Fire.) +103,000 XP.
You can visit the ghostly seraph to gain more Mystic Spells for 1 Training Point.
For Eldritch and Vigorous : Go to Arkyn in Moon Cliffs for Vigorous, and Edge of the boat on StarFall Sea, and get Eldritch from the water.
For Hierarchy: Go to the Archive in the Stellarium.
Go to the Chancel and get a book off the shelves called "Light, Light and Light."
Report Back to The Archive.
(To get lots of sun, you go to Zafaria)
Go to the Savannah in Zafaria, and go to a cave. (Cave is a dungeon.
Floor 1:Defeat 4 Solar Variants. (5,500 Health)
Floor 2: Defeat Violet Beambreaker (23,000 Health), and 3 Solar Variants.
Floor 3: Defeat Moonface(17,300 Health), 2 Solar Variants, and 1 Legend Caller (4,500 Health).
Floor 4: Defeat Solar Otherside (25,000 Health) Violet Beambreaker (20,000 Health, Moonface (20,000 Health) and 1 Legion Backer (6,000 Health).
Floor 5: Defeat Solar Soul (30,000 Health).
Solar Soul, for the end of the quest, gives you Hierarchy.
Hierarchy :
Damage Varies on opponent's level range. +60 DOT to +3000 DOT. Other actions vary on level as well.

-Adrian Lotusflame 100

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Emerald9649 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Dear Ravenwood colleagues, recently with the expansion of Khrysalis Promethean wizards received this forbidden magic that tapped into the essence of the Spiral. It was called Shadow magic and was declared extremely powerful and nearly uncontrollable. And now that we have Shadow magic fellow wizards want "Light" magic. But why? Isn't Shadow magic a combination of Light and Darkness? After all, both of those elements must exist in order for a Shadow to form. So, what I'm trying to say is; If we were to have Light magic than we should also receive Dark magic and transform this into the Umbra Trio. And as well, each school should gain a similar quality like the Astral magic. Such as Light gains the Star (aura) quality and Darkness gains the Sun (enchantment) quality. And like Shadow magic's backlash these schools gain a similar effect.

Here's a few examples;

~Light:
Moonlight: Increases Ice, Myth, and Death damage by 25%, +5% Ice, Myth, or Death damage for every Ice, Myth, or Death charm used, +5% incoming damage for every Fire, Storm, and Life charm used over 6 rounds.
Sunlight: Increases Fire, Storm, and Life damage by 25%, +5% Fire, Storm, and Life damage for every Fire, Storm, and Life spell used, +5% incoming damage for every Ice, Myth, and Death spell used over 6 rounds.
Starlight: Increases Balance damage by 20%, +10% Balance Damage every time a Balance spell is used, -10% Incoming healing over 6 rounds.
Grand Light: +10% Universal Damage, +10% Incoming Healing, +10% Outgoing Healing, -10% Health over 4 rounds.

~Dark:
Dark Void: +15% to a Global spell, -15% Health (until globe is replaced).
Dark Defense: +5%, +5% to Stun Rating, +5% to Block Rating, +275 damage when casted.
Dark Charge: +400 Universal damage to any spell, -5% Health when casted.
Dark Force: +450 Universal damage to any attack spell, -10% Health when casted.
Dark Growth: +250 Healing to any heal spell, -25% incoming healing.

~Shadow:
Shadow Siege: +30% universal outgoing damage, +20% universal critical, adds bladestorm whenever an attack spell is used. (opposite of Shadow Shrike)
Shadow Lord: +25% incoming healing, +25% outgoing healing, adds brilliant light whenever a healing spell is used. (similar to Shadow Seraph)
Shadow Rook: +65 universal defense, -40 incoming healing, adds legion shield whenever a loss of 15% of health. (similar to Shadow Sentinel)
Shadow Bane: +10% chance of a tower shield cast, +10% chance of a minor blessing cast, +10% chance of a dragonblade cast, +10 Stun chance, to any attack spell. (+35% backlash)

I'll continue with more spell ideals on different magic, but for now. Any comments on ideals, suggestions, and changes?

I approve, but this would bring it too close to astral. Besides backlash and shadow pips, what else can differentiate it?

Defender
May 29, 2013
Emerald9649 on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Dear Ravenwood colleagues, recently with the expansion of Khrysalis Promethean wizards received this forbidden magic that tapped into the essence of the Spiral. It was called Shadow magic and was declared extremely powerful and nearly uncontrollable. And now that we have Shadow magic fellow wizards want "Light" magic. But why? Isn't Shadow magic a combination of Light and Darkness? After all, both of those elements must exist in order for a Shadow to form. So, what I'm trying to say is; If we were to have Light magic than we should also receive Dark magic and transform this into the Umbra Trio. And as well, each school should gain a similar quality like the Astral magic. Such as Light gains the Star (aura) quality and Darkness gains the Sun (enchantment) quality. And like Shadow magic's backlash these schools gain a similar effect.

Here's a few examples;

~Light:
Moonlight: Increases Ice, Myth, and Death damage by 25%, +5% Ice, Myth, or Death damage for every Ice, Myth, or Death charm used, +5% incoming damage for every Fire, Storm, and Life charm used over 6 rounds.
Sunlight: Increases Fire, Storm, and Life damage by 25%, +5% Fire, Storm, and Life damage for every Fire, Storm, and Life spell used, +5% incoming damage for every Ice, Myth, and Death spell used over 6 rounds.
Starlight: Increases Balance damage by 20%, +10% Balance Damage every time a Balance spell is used, -10% Incoming healing over 6 rounds.
Grand Light: +10% Universal Damage, +10% Incoming Healing, +10% Outgoing Healing, -10% Health over 4 rounds.

~Dark:
Dark Void: +15% to a Global spell, -15% Health (until globe is replaced).
Dark Defense: +5%, +5% to Stun Rating, +5% to Block Rating, +275 damage when casted.
Dark Charge: +400 Universal damage to any spell, -5% Health when casted.
Dark Force: +450 Universal damage to any attack spell, -10% Health when casted.
Dark Growth: +250 Healing to any heal spell, -25% incoming healing.

~Shadow:
Shadow Siege: +30% universal outgoing damage, +20% universal critical, adds bladestorm whenever an attack spell is used. (opposite of Shadow Shrike)
Shadow Lord: +25% incoming healing, +25% outgoing healing, adds brilliant light whenever a healing spell is used. (similar to Shadow Seraph)
Shadow Rook: +65 universal defense, -40 incoming healing, adds legion shield whenever a loss of 15% of health. (similar to Shadow Sentinel)
Shadow Bane: +10% chance of a tower shield cast, +10% chance of a minor blessing cast, +10% chance of a dragonblade cast, +10 Stun chance, to any attack spell. (+35% backlash)

I'll continue with more spell ideals on different magic, but for now. Any comments on ideals, suggestions, and changes?

Light
I like this, but is the -10% health damage per round or a Hp debuff?

Dark
  • All but Dark Defense (or Night Guard). It's clearly not worth the damage taken to cast it. Buff the effects
  • Dark Charge and Dark Force look the same, firstly. Next, the backlash is too lenient. Make it like 500 damage, ignoring shields and resistance. Make look like forbidden magic. For Christ sake, you're adding 400 damage to a spell! The lenient backlash is also my issue with the current Shadow Magic
  • As for Dark Growth, would it be an infection? or some kind of debuff lasting a couple of rounds

Shadow
Rook is OP. 65% universal resist would make someone immune to all schools, with a percentage over 100%! The -40% incoming wouldn't even be a problem. I'd say make it 20% resist. With that said, the 15% health loss effect would be useless
Bane looks like a nice enchantment. However, I'd say make each 25%, so it guarantees SOME effect. otherwise it wouldn't be worth the backlash. Speaking of which, I'd say to make it worth some damage each attack spell casted instead of backlash in the traditional sense, similar to the Dark magic. If I'm looking at this wrong and this is a Shadow transformation, disregard all of this except the 25% thing. Also the Minor Blessing thing is garbage. Make it more like 200 heal per attack spell, factoring in incoming, outgoing and infections.

Defender
May 29, 2013
Emerald9649 on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
A small concept ideal that came to the mind of my friend Zachary HawkHunter's was a series of Level 78 Spells that follow along the Spectral Blast and Celestial Blast spells. However, despite from debate over names and such I decided to post my point of view and when time comes maybe you'll get to see his views too. But for now, here's what I think should be...

~Storm: Plasma Blast: 1000 Storm Damage, +2 Round Stun.
~Fire: Inferno: 250 Fire Damage + 700 Fire Damage over 3 Rounds to All Enemies.
~Ice: Icicle Crash: 600 Ice Damage + 150 Ice Damage over 3 Rounds, Stunned.
~Balance: Celestial Blast: (Follows what the Celestial Blast from the Harpy does but a bit weakened).
~Myth: Doom Plot: 415 Myth Damage to self and 850 Myth Damage to Single Target. (The more Minion/Henchmen alive +150 Myth Damage)
~Death: Ageing Ache: 700 Death Damage, +2 Infections
~Life: Blooming Blast: 650 Damage to All Enemies or 1200 Health to all Allies. (50/50% Chance Healing, 50/50% Chance Attack)

I know I'm grasping at straws here so if anyone wants to give some insight feel free too...

Lastly, I'd like to talk about a concerning issue for many Theurgists. I myself am one and nothing would make me happier than to have a Life spell for 4-5 Pips (Much like Deer Knight) that is an AOL spell, I had two ideals before a BARN OWL in my Agricultural Bundle and a Season's Tree in another thread. If KingsIsle could please take these ideas into consideration I'd much appreciate it. (Especially my Season's Tree) And if anyone would like more detail on either spell you can find the Agriculture Bundle somewhere in the Dorms Area, as for the Season's Tree I'd gladly state the effects, look, and so forth all over again. Especially since I'm considering on changing it...

P.S The Names of the Blast Spells could be modified but what the Spells do I think are somewhat fine but I'm always up for some constructive criticism...and ONE other thing, next time by popular vote(If anyone votes)I'll talk about my ideals on that subject which are as following: Utility Spells, 98 and Future Class Spells, Pet or Lore Spells, and lastly, New Magic and their Spell(s)...
~Storm: Plasma Blast: 1000 Storm Damage, +2 Round Stun.
~Fire: Inferno: 250 Fire Damage + 700 Fire Damage over 3 Rounds to All Enemies.
~Ice: Icicle Crash: 600 Ice Damage + 150 Ice Damage over 3 Rounds, Stunned.
~Balance: Celestial Blast: (Follows what the Celestial Blast from the Harpy does but a bit weakened).
~Myth: Doom Plot: 415 Myth Damage to self and 850 Myth Damage to Single Target. (The more Minion/Henchmen alive +150 Myth Damage)
~Death: Ageing Ache: 700 Death Damage, +2 Infections
~Life: Blooming Blast: 650 Damage to All Enemies or 1200 Health to all Allies. (50/50% Chance Healing, 50/50% Chance Attack)

Looking at these spells, I'd have to disagree with most of these. Why?
  1. Plasma Blast is way too OP. Enchant-able with 2 round Stun. Sounds like Medusa. For Storm............ Storm! This is the last thing Storm needs. My suggestion? Well, I don't know
  2. Inferno is inferior to Rain of Fire
  3. Icicle Crash is inferior to Snow Angel, as the back damage is way more important than the initial hit
  4. Celestial Blast? Harpy does Spirit Blast. If that's what you mean, then I agree. Not otherwise
  5. Doom Plot? I agree
  6. Aging Ache? I agree
  7. Blooming Blast? There's no way. Simply put. No way. 2 choices: More damage than Fluffy, or more healing than rebirth. If you thought a crit rebirth was huge........... Crit 1200 factoring in incoming, outgoing. Just........ No!
I do believe Life needs a 4-pip AoE, though

Defender
May 29, 2013
Emerald9649 on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Hello, I wanted to conclude my previous commissions that I stated I'd discuss. So I'd like to take several minutes of your time to discuss Utility Spells. Now in case you've never heard of these spells or what they do I shall enlighten you.
Utility Spells are spell cards that grant the caster and/or his/her Friends a useful effect that they may need while in combat.
And now I'd like to present my Utility spell ideas for the Magus, Archmage, and Promethean wizards below. Please bare with me...

~Storm;
Magus: Spark, Rank 2~ +20% Storm Accuracy to self.
Archmage: Whirlpool, Rank 4~ Swaps all Charms with opposing team.
Promethean: Shadow Storm, Rank 4~600 Shadow Damage to everyone in Shadow Form.

~Ice;
Magus: Aurora, Globe, Rank 4~ +40% Stun Block.
Archmage: Permafrost, AOL, Rank 6~ Prevents Positive and Negative Wards from being casted for 4 rounds.
Promethean: Glaciate, AOL, Rank 8~ +30% Universal Resistance to all allies for 2 rounds.

~Fire;
Magus: Flammable, Rank 3~ Makes a DoT last a round longer.
Archmage: FrostFire, AOL, Rank 4~ Places a 10% Fire Trap, 10% Ice Trap, and a Fire Prism on all enemies.
Promethean: Overheat, Rank 5~ Causes a DoT Heal to become a Damage DoT.

~Balance;
Magus: Uncanny Bane, Global, Rank 3~ -40% Power Pip chance.
Archmage: Equality, Rank 5~ Makes the Target have the same amount of Pips as the Caster.
Promethean: Solar Power, AOL, Rank 5~+450 Outgoing Damage to spells.

~Death;
Magus:Heart Swap, Rank 4, (NO PVP)~ Swaps Caster's Health with Target's Health.
Archmage: Mass Feint, AOL, Rank 4~ 45% Incoming Damage to all opposing + 45% Incoming Damage to Caster.
Promethean: Inglorious Revival, Rank 7~ If the Wizard that is granted with this spell is defeated his/her attacker's health will be stolen and given to the defeated Wizard.

~Myth;
Magus: Inspire, Rank X~ +9% x Pip = Myth Blade to self ONLY.
Archmage: Astral Minion, Rank 5~ Brings forth either Ptolemus, Mithraya, or Astreaus.
Promethean: Shadow Minion, Rank 8, (NO PVP)~Brings forth a Minion of Shadow.

~Life;
Magus: Wild Call!, Rank X~ +10% x Pip = Heal Charm to self ONLY.
Archmage: Sagittarius' Bow, Rank 6~ +20% Life Pierce, +20% Life Blade to self ONLY.
Promethean: Serene Songs, AOL, Rank X~ 500 Base Healing + 100 x Pip (Maximum Pip usage: 5).

P.S I hope you liked my ideas and I'd appreciate it if you left your ideas too...
See you in the Spiral...
I have some opinions about the spells if you don't mind:
Storm
  • Spark, Rank 2~ +20% Storm Accuracy to self.
  • Whirlpool, Rank 4~ Swaps all Charms with opposing team.
  • Shadow Storm, Rank 4~600 Shadow Damage to everyone in Shadow Form.
  1. Spark: Agreed
  2. Whirlpool: A nice trick
  3. Shadow Storm: The last thing Storm needs is an enchant-able storm spell that you can't block with a Storm Shield. That's why I'm so glad Insane Bolt runs the risk of suicide.

Ice

• Aurora, Globe, Rank 4~ +40% Stun Block.
  • Permafrost, AOL, Rank 6~ Prevents Positive and Negative Wards from being casted for 4 rounds.
  • Glaciate, AOL, Rank 8~ +30% Universal Resistance to all allies for 2 rounds.
  1. Aurora: Ice already has a global that's useful, not to mention that Ice gets Stun Block for free
  2. Permafrost: 4 rounds seems a bit OP to not be able to cast shields. Think of super Storm with this spell in effect
  3. Glaciate: I actually agree here

Fire

• Flammable, Rank 3~ Makes a DoT last a round longer.
  • FrostFire, AOL, Rank 4~ Places a 10% Fire Trap, 10% Ice Trap, and a Fire Prism on all enemies.
  • Overheat, Rank 5~ Causes a DoT Heal to become a Damage DoT.

1. Flammable: I like it, but my concern is with fire wizards juggling this, even though it's 3 pips
  2. FrostFire: Actually the worst I've seen; It's just useless and dumb (Sorry if I sound rude here)
  3. Overheat: Nice!

Balance

• Uncanny Bane, Global, Rank 3~ -40% Power Pip chance.
  • Equality, Rank 5~ Makes the Target have the same amount of Pips as the Caster.
  • Solar Power, AOL, Rank 5~+450 Outgoing Damage to spells.
  1. Uncanny Bane: No! At the magus level, you typically have a PP chance lower than 40%, so this'll take you down to 0%
  2. Equality: Actually pretty nice, considering it would factor in AFTER you cast it, but I'd still prefer Mana Burn
  3. Solar Power: Completely OP! Once again think of super Storm here. A Colossal Storm Lord is never something to laugh at. This would instantly decide a battle

Death

• Heart Swap, Rank 4, (NO PVP)~ Swaps Caster's Health with Target's Health.
  • Mass Feint, AOL, Rank 4~ 45% Incoming Damage to all opposing + 45% Incoming Damage to Caster.
  • Inglorious Revival, Rank 7~ If the Wizard that is granted with this spell is defeated his/her attacker's health will be stolen and given to the defeated Wizard.

1. Heart Swap: Very OP, but since it's no PVP, I'll overlook it
  2. Mass Feint: Agreed
  3. Inglorious Revival: I like it, but how much health?

Myth

• Inspire, Rank X~ +9% x Pip = Myth Blade to self ONLY.
  • Astral Minion, Rank 5~ Brings forth either Ptolemus, Mithraya, or Astreaus.
  • Shadow Minion, Rank 8, (NO PVP)~Brings forth a Minion of Shadow.

1. Inspire: Not really necessary
  2. Astral Minion/Shadow Minion: To both of these, Myth really doesn't need more minions

Life

• Wild Call!, Rank X~ +10% x Pip = Heal Charm to self ONLY.
  • Sagittarius' Bow, Rank 6~ +20% Life Pierce, +20% Life Blade to self ONLY.
  • Serene Songs, AOL, Rank X~ 500 Base Healing + 100 x Pip (Maximum Pip usage: 5).
  1. Wild Call: Same as Inspire, not really necessary
  2. Sagittarius' Bow: Agreed
  3. Serene Song: Really Like

Defender
May 29, 2013
Emerald9649 on Jan 20, 2014 wrote:
Dear Ravenwooders, I've been thinking about a possible Promthean Spell list and I'd like to share the ideals I have so far will all of you in hope of some constructive criticism. So if I could take 5 minutes of your time for you to look over my presented spells and share your thoughts I'd much appreciate it.

~Pegasus; Rank 11 Storm: 1400 Storm Damage to All Enemies.
~Cherufe; Rank 11 Fire: 1450-1550 Fire Damage to a Single Enemy + Stun.
~Valkyrie; Rank 11 Ice:1000-1100 Ice Damage to All Enemies + 25% Legion Shield to All Al...lies.
~Hecate; Rank 11 Balance: 600-700 + 800 Balance Damage Overtime to All Enemies over a period of 3 rounds and 10% Bladestorm to All Allies.
~Preta; Rank 11 Death: 1100-1200 Death Damage-swap half into health for caster to a Single Enemy + Death Damage Globe.
~Griffin; Rank 11 Myth: 1300-1400 Myth Damage to All Enemies + an Enfeeble on all enemies.
~Heavenly Carol; Rank 11 Life: 675-700 + 500 Life Damage Overtime to All Enemies and 600 Healing to All Allies
My opinions on the spells:

Pegasus: Pretty good and Stormish
Cherufe: Awesome. However it may be a bit OP, considering that Storm Owl didn't stun or have any other effect
Valkyrie: Love the name; Most balanced spell of all of them
Hecate: Awesome spell; Balance needs a DoT spell
Preta: Dumb name; Nice after effect, though how much damage, 25%?
Griffin: OP; It'd be better for a shatter effect instead of Enfeeble, since Blade breaking is more Storm's thing
Heavenly Carol: Don't like the name; Nerf the healing if not eliminate it. A crit would be huge

All in all, they're pretty good spells

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
I had just thought of this and I thought it would be so cool to have it so I was like what the heck, put it on the message board. The spell is called New Dusk. (Or something else). What it does is freezes your health at your current health, for 4 rounds. This means damage done to you will be absorbed by the Backlash instead of being dealt directly to you. It then depends on what you do. This shadow fire is coming from your character, and the bigger it is, the more damage the backlash absorbed, vice versa. This is basically a grace period. You can only use it to blade, trap or heal. (You can pass of course). The backlash would destroy some of the damage it absorbed. But you can't attack. However if you do attack, the fire starts to gain damage that the backlash had absorbed. At the end of the rounds, It deals the damage it absorbed to you. Except if you did good things, (healing, trapping, etc.) then the damage dealt will decrease by a fair amount depending on how many times you did it. If you attack, it increases the damage it absorbed, by a fair amount. If you attack all four rounds, something interesting will happen. It takes all the damage it absorbed, and sends it over to the opposing side (if , it goes to , etc. Just opposite opponent on the combat circle from you) to heal them that damage. You are still dealt the damage of what it absorbed for you. And yes you can actually die from this. It is PVP, costs 3 shadow pips.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
kylesar1 on May 28, 2014 wrote:
Storm
  3. Shadow Storm: The last thing Storm needs is an enchant-able storm spell that you can't block with a Storm Shield. That's why I'm so glad Insane Bolt runs the risk of suicide.

Ice

• Permafrost, AOL, Rank 6~ Prevents Positive and Negative Wards from being casted for 4 rounds.
  1. Aurora: Ice already has a global that's useful, not to mention that Ice gets Stun Block for free
  2. Permafrost: 4 rounds seems a bit OP to not be able to cast shields. Think of super Storm with this spell in effect

Fire

• FrostFire, AOL, Rank 4~ Places a 10% Fire Trap, 10% Ice Trap, and a Fire Prism on all enemies.

1. Flammable: I like it, but my concern is with fire wizards juggling this, even though it's 3 pips
  2. FrostFire: Actually the worst I've seen; It's just useless and dumb (Sorry if I sound rude here)

Balance

• Equality, Rank 5~ Makes the Target have the same amount of Pips as the Caster.
  1. Uncanny Bane: No! At the magus level, you typically have a PP chance lower than 40%, so this'll take you down to 0%
  2. Equality: Actually pretty nice, considering it would factor in AFTER you cast it, but I'd still prefer Mana Burn
  3. Solar Power: Completely OP! Once again think of super Storm here. A Colossal Storm Lord is never something to laugh at. This would instantly decide a battle

Death

• Mass Feint, AOL, Rank 4~ 45% Incoming Damage to all opposing + 45% Incoming Damage to Caster.
  • Inglorious Revival, Rank 7~ If the Wizard that is granted with this spell is defeated his/her attacker's health will be stolen and given to the defeated Wizard.

Myth

2. Astral Minion/Shadow Minion: To both of these, Myth really doesn't need more minions

Life

• Serene Songs, AOL, Rank X~ 500 Base Healing + 100 x Pip (Maximum Pip usage: 5).
Imagine stealing an enemy's health which it has 22,000. Really.... At least half or 1/4 at the least.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
My opinions on the spells:

Pegasus: Pretty good and Stormish
Cherufe: Awesome. However it may be a bit OP, considering that Storm Owl didn't stun or have any other effect
Valkyrie: Love the name; Most balanced spell of all of them
Hecate: Awesome spell; Balance needs a DoT spell
Preta: Dumb name; Nice after effect, though how much damage, 25%?
Griffin: OP; It'd be better for a shatter effect instead of Enfeeble, since Blade breaking is more Storm's thing
Heavenly Carol: Don't like the name; Nerf the healing if not eliminate it. A crit would be huge

All in all, they're pretty good spells
~ Thank you for your feedback. However, all though I can't please everyone with my ideas most of the people that I've shown these spells too really fancied the concept of them all. And I don't think that there's anything wrong with the way they currently are. ~

~ Cherufe: Is a Fire spell, the fact that Storm Owl didn't stun shouldn't effect the fact that this spell can stun.

~ Preta: Is the Roman word for the three Fates. And the Spell states that half of it is swapped to health for the caster. Just like every other Drain-type spell.

~ Griffin: I don't consider it OP. It's basically an improved version of Earthquake but without the removal of negative and positive wards as well as negative charms. An when I said Enfeeble I basically meant the removal of all positive charms. I used the word Enfeeble to shorten the wording of the Spell. And the whole reason it has a Storm-type after effect is because the Griffin in my opinion is both a creature of Storm and Myth.

~ Heavenly Carol: What do you think would be a better name for this spell? As to your comment about healing, I took this into consideration and I've decided to eliminate of have it act like spectral blast where it will either randomly heal or randomly attack.

~ Sincerely, Umbra ShadowHunter . . . .

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Storm

Ice

Fire

Balance

Death

Myth

Life

~Thank you for the feedback, these spells were all beta ideas that I was hoping to adjust later in the future once I got some feedback. ~

~ ShadowStorm: I don't like it myself thus I trashed the idea.

~ Aurora: Since it's a globe will last until it's replaced and can benefit all. Plus, there's no harm in giving away more global spells.

~ Permafrost: This spell may be nerfed to 3 rounds considering that Shrike also lasts 3 rounds and it's basically a shield breaker.

~ FrostFire: This spell may not be used as much but it does give a decent effect. However, maybe instead of FrostFire it could become something that places 3-4 Fire Prisms on a single target much like the spell Fuel does.

~ Solar Power: This might become a Sun Spell idea.

~ Uncanny Bane: Uncanny Bane is like the retired spell Dampen Magic. However, I do see your point so I think I could make it a spell for a higher leveled wizard. And reduce the subtraction cost to about 30-35%.

~ Inglorious Revival: This spell is the Death version of Guardian Spirit so I'd say about 15%.

~ Inspire: It might be useful. . . .

~ Minions: Yes, Myth does need more minions. In case you didn't know Myth is a Minion-specialized school and their last minion isn't very powerful in AZ and KR battles.

~ Wild Call: As a healing school Wild Call will be useful.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
AdrianTheNecromanc... on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
I had just thought of this and I thought it would be so cool to have it so I was like what the heck, put it on the message board. The spell is called New Dusk. (Or something else). What it does is freezes your health at your current health, for 4 rounds. This means damage done to you will be absorbed by the Backlash instead of being dealt directly to you. It then depends on what you do. This shadow fire is coming from your character, and the bigger it is, the more damage the backlash absorbed, vice versa. This is basically a grace period. You can only use it to blade, trap or heal. (You can pass of course). The backlash would destroy some of the damage it absorbed. But you can't attack. However if you do attack, the fire starts to gain damage that the backlash had absorbed. At the end of the rounds, It deals the damage it absorbed to you. Except if you did good things, (healing, trapping, etc.) then the damage dealt will decrease by a fair amount depending on how many times you did it. If you attack, it increases the damage it absorbed, by a fair amount. If you attack all four rounds, something interesting will happen. It takes all the damage it absorbed, and sends it over to the opposing side (if , it goes to , etc. Just opposite opponent on the combat circle from you) to heal them that damage. You are still dealt the damage of what it absorbed for you. And yes you can actually die from this. It is PVP, costs 3 shadow pips.
~ I like this idea to a certain degree. I think that instead of doing as you suggested there should be two new spells. ~

Dusk: Rank 3 Shadow: Globe: Reduces Incoming Shadow Damage ((Including Backlash)) by -10%. The reduction cost and increase overtime if the caster's team pleases the Globe by using certain spells.

Nightmare ((Name might be revised)): Rank 2 Shadow: Globe: +20 - 40% chance of gaining a Shadow pip.

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
Ok so I like the ideas, but shadow magic is technically a dark art, so having three more schools would be too much. Shadow magic does need an opposite though so light magic would definitely fit in as an alternative to shadow. I don't want to get into details so just read my post, called 'Brilliant Ideas!'

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
like , , and , we do not need an opposite for the school of . plus it would't make much sense.