Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth or Life

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 02, 2011
I have been wanting to make a new character I have all of them except for myth and life. Could someone please tell me which they think is better and why

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
life, people will like you more because you have a better way to assist them

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
I say life is a very good option.
It is a little tough at first (not much options for aoe spells till level 58) but you will rarely die since you have so much healing

Myth is a bit tricky but is perfect for those that like being able to summon minions to do your bidding.
Myth is also a rarer picked school compared to life which is picked a lot.

hopefully that helped

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Firedragonlover123 on Nov 26, 2013 wrote:
I have been wanting to make a new character I have all of them except for myth and life. Could someone please tell me which they think is better and why
personally, i prefer life... for no other reason than i really dislike myth (my poor conjurer is my least-played character; i guess i just haven't bonded with him the way i have the others).

i have 2 accounts, and i have played all 7 schools through (at least) level 20. and i have discovered that no school is better than the other. it just depends on how you play your wizard... and, if you really don't like your school, you can always delete the character and try again with the other school.

-von

Survivor
Oct 15, 2013
Myth has strong minions, easier early solo, tho from what I read in other threads they apparently change roles later (just barely hit 33 myself). So far, so good, I've barely had to group at all (and most of the time when I've had another player in a dungeon or whatever it wasn't even really needed).

Life has far more heals (in fact I'm using Life as my secondary) and an early Absorb, and more accuracy, and I've heard it described as best played with a "slow and steady" playstyle. Also, I expect a full-on Life wizard will be begged for heals by anyone who sees the wizard's type, so you might want to keep that in mind. I'm actually thinking I might go with a Lifer next myself.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
this depends greatly on your playing style. i'm sure you've already seen kind of what these schools can do. myth would be a good choice if you want to solo everything, whereas life is a better team player. i will warn you that i have heard from many lifes (lives? life's?) who say that up until level 58 the game is really slow and boring.

Gabriel Ashcaller, transcendent sorcerer

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Well, that depends on whether you are a mytherious person or the life of the party. Life wizards are great healers and also good way of getting friends cause everyone needs a heal (or is that hug?). Myth deals with creatures of myth which isn't real, until they cast their spells ,then their real which doesn't exist because it's all a myth. But, if you want to be a fighter then myth is they way to go, otherwise if your more of a passive player life is the way to go.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
It is different for everybody, but I'd prefer life. It can help you heal more and in the later levels you get very powerful attacks. As for myth, I just did not enjoy it as much. I'm a balance but it sounds as if you've already narrowed it down.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
Life is a better school for many reasons.

1. You can heal
2. Great resist armor for level 95 and great spells
3. Good damage spells and can revive themselves after they die
4. You can solo bosses because of heals and good damage spells
5. With tower shield and heals you can really be a good and important player on your team because you can
defend everyone.

Myth

1. Really underplayed school
2. Can do some damage but if you want damage and health go for fire not myth
3. Although you can hit through shields with dogs and minotaur, most people double tower shield anyway.
4. Health is around fire but fire does more damage and has more critical
5. If you want to go for myth, in my opinion just go for the fire school.

Hope this helps Matthew StormRider level 95 wizard.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
My main wizard is Life, its the one I started the game with. It's a slow play, consider waiting until lvl 58 for your all over spell and out of school spells aren't much help when you start to get power pips more regular. I am no ones minion but you won't get defeated in fights I am with you in. I soloed this wizard because I liked total control over my quest fights. I helped hundreds get though quests that have now moved on from the game but I still sign this wizard on to help when someone needs a dungeon run.

Life wizards have gotten a very bad name, I can relate to where it's coming from. Last night we helped a friend on our list and he was already defeated and who was second in the fight but a life wizard who proceeded to run Forest Lord which was fine it wasn't enough to kill the boss but he then proceeded to heal himself twice, not the person standing next to him who's quest it actually was, he was snide and a big joker about killing everything soon. I had been forewarned of the healing problem prior to porting in by our death wizard who had already joined, so I packed my sideboard with healing TC's, I being Ice have none on my own. The Death criticaled Sacrifice and my sprites and fairies returned him to full health while the death got pips for Wraith in 2 rounds to kill the boss. It was very hard for me not to say anything to the Life Wizard on how poorly he was playing the school and not having a clue on how to heal and deal.

Myth was actually fun for me as you get your all over spell early on and I did make use of the Puppet and Cyclops minion. Game play went fine until Avalon, then I found I was a little under powered, this may not be true now with the update.

Survivor
Aug 02, 2011
Thank you all so much this helped me decide I chose myth because although I love the school of life it is to slow for me, I like to go fast. I have another question though should I delete my balanceand make a life or just not make one at all, or make another account and put a life on there?(last one not preferred)

All advice appreciated.

-85: Brian Death Ward
-74: Justin Sky Thief
-53: Tyler Frost Eyes
-40:Blaze Fire Heart
-28: Kevin Battle Hammer
-13: Jack Myth Caller

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Firedragonlover123 on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
Thank you all so much this helped me decide I chose myth because although I love the school of life it is to slow for me, I like to go fast. I have another question though should I delete my balanceand make a life or just not make one at all, or make another account and put a life on there?(last one not preferred)

All advice appreciated.

I would just stick with what u have. Don't go crazy lol . You'll enjoy myth very much!

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
There's patters KI makes into determining the stats of the schools, creating counterparts.
=,
=,
=,
And death is the oddball. Balance and Life are very support based schools, storm and ice are stat based schools, fire and myth are specialty schools, and death is the oddball once again. Balance and life gain about 27 per level, fire and myth gain 25 I think. Gear in terms of health, damage, resist, accuracy is about the same. Damage and accuracy ranges very close to each other. If you want a seemingly Fire based experience, go myth, if you want a more balance experience, go life. But in the end, it's all about what you enjoy the most.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Firedragonlover123 on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:

All advice appreciated.

No. Please do not delete your balance. They are the best school. EVER.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
I would have to go with Life on this one. While Myth is powerful in some cases, the healing yourself and others comes in handy a lot more than a little bit of extra damage. Plus the Life base health is larger than Myth. Also the Life school may take acquaintance on some of there spell quests (Levels 8-48) if they need the extra help. (In the Forest Lord quest, you may only take Life Wizards level 58+, and if they have the quest.)

Life also receives there 6 pip (centaur) spell a only level 33, which may come helpful while questing in Mooshu.

Finally in my opinion, Life is much more fun to play as than a Myth wizard. Life gets some awesome gear, a few helpful perks in game, and a good experience.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
Well I have a level 45 wizard and I love it. I advise that next time you get crowns make a wizard and get a Mastery Amulet and make your Secondary School. I've been thinking about doing that and buying back my training points and taking up .

Survivor
Dec 27, 2013
It depends on what you like. If you like a lot of healing pick . If you like minions pick.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
voidize on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
life, people will like you more because you have a better way to assist them
uh... that's pretty much using Life players. Yes, we are mostly a supporting school, but I can do fine on my own.

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
If you like healing and if you don't mind having lower attacks life is for you. If you like doing good damage and not being able to heal then myth is for you.