Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Medusa's spell boss so hard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Hello king isle I recently got the Medusa spell quest, I really need that spell but i can't defeat its boss TalosBTW the critical block of balance didn't help he and his minion use judgement a lot.So if his health is lowered to 6000 or 7000 or at least his power pips and minion are gone maybe i can get it with no much trouble.

Have a nice day

Mindy GoldenHeart lvl 66

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
We all had to go though hard bosses like those to get out spell. Don't try saying that Myth's boss is harder, because its not. What you need to do is:
  • Buy Crowns and then with those Crowns buy Henchmen to help you. This is the only way of help, as this is a Instant Dungeon.
OR
  • Go without your Medusa spell. While it will be hard for a while, you will soon get your Basilisk spell. This is much more stronger than Medusa, and the boss is not that hard. Just use allot of shields.
Hope this helped!
-Nicholas Hawkspear level 95

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Well I think i'll have to try like you said.But if you're myth plz tell me everything you did to complete it.

Have a nice day

Mindy GoldenHeart lvl 66

P.S i think i gotta get some ,and right?

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
(this is advice towards all hard missions for people who dont or cant get a lot of crowns)

work on getting a pet that heals a lot if you dont have one.

hit the bazaar... look for the best gear to help against whatever school they are. if they are myth, look for the gear with the biggest defense against myth. i run around with 5 different sets of gear. i had to do this around level 60 or so for each wizard i got to that level. i have a level 90 and a level 75. i am not a farming type person and the waterworks gear wasnt really that good :p you look for gear that protects against 2 schools and gives nothing for the other schools, you can get up to 60% defence, even a little more with ring and atheme bonuses. forget about criticalling. just useless at level 60 and above, they all block.

have 2 decks, one for random mob battles and one for boss battles. random mob deck should be your best hit all spell and boosts like blades (your school blade and either the elemental blade or spirit blade), global, ampilfy and the best strength spell card you have. your boss deck should be your two best single hit spells with feint, both blades, global, amplify and the best strength spell you have plus a couple of fairy spells.

if you dont have feint, you should work towards that with your training points.

doing that, got me through almost everything alone, even for my level 90 wizard. even most of the "cheaters". usually just the end dungeon for a realm and a few of the cheating bosses.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Are you using your own minions as well? Prisms?

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
I am a fire wizard and my boss had like five thousand more health than your boss.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
TY all i did it at last. But the secret was he used judgement lesser then he did beforeI'm glad i got basilisk too
Thanks again

Have a great day
Mindy GoldenHeart lvl 71

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Nicholas Hawkspear on Nov 21, 2013 wrote:
We all had to go though hard bosses like those to get out spell. Don't try saying that Myth's boss is harder, because its not. What you need to do is:
  • Buy Crowns and then with those Crowns buy Henchmen to help you. This is the only way of help, as this is a Instant Dungeon.
OR
  • Go without your Medusa spell. While it will be hard for a while, you will soon get your Basilisk spell. This is much more stronger than Medusa, and the boss is not that hard. Just use allot of shields.
Hope this helped!
Thanks but i believe that i need to get medusa first to get basilisk quest.P.S i did it by buying some medusa treasure cards.

BTW this is a late reply

Mindy GoldenHeart lvl 71

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
OR
Hope this helped!
You do realize that you can't get Basilisk without Medusa?

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
OR
Hope this helped!
You have to do all the spell quest in order.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 48 theurgist

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Anyways, didn't you know that he only has 450 more health then Malistaire? Okay, okay, he has critical rating and starts with so and so pips, but the answer here is friends.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 49 theurgist