Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"best" pet advice

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
I'm somewhat new to pets and I'm trying to work out possible pet choices,that have the talents I want in their talents pool. I've been training a Starfish pet as it has the possibility to learn Spell-Proof and Spritely which are both very desirable talents but it also has 4 ice-related talents which are useless to me. I've had a look through the Wizard Central Pet list and most of the pets available seem to be available only with the purchase of crowns. Are there better choices available,given that the end talents I'm going for are Spell Proof, Spell Defy, Fairy, and Pain Giver,and getting these will take a large amount of hatching's I'd think to do so? I'm looking at the most efficient path to hatching with the least amount of funds spent as my current method is to stop training at teen or Adult if it develops a talent I don't want and start over with another pet.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
There are lots of pets out there with those very traits. I have a few myself. Just hang out at the hatchery and see what is there and ask to hatch. You can also just randomly check out fellow players stats and see what their pet has and when you see what you like, ask them to hatch with you. I have hatch many a time with someone I have seen in battle and liked tho performance of their pet. I got some really good hatchlings this way. You don't have to use a crown pet unless you really want to have a first generation one so you will know the gene pool for sure. It's just that or sureness ends with the first hatch.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
Abigail759t on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
I'm somewhat new to pets and I'm trying to work out possible pet choices,that have the talents I want in their talents pool. I've been training a Starfish pet as it has the possibility to learn Spell-Proof and Spritely which are both very desirable talents but it also has 4 ice-related talents which are useless to me. I've had a look through the Wizard Central Pet list and most of the pets available seem to be available only with the purchase of crowns. Are there better choices available,given that the end talents I'm going for are Spell Proof, Spell Defy, Fairy, and Pain Giver,and getting these will take a large amount of hatching's I'd think to do so? I'm looking at the most efficient path to hatching with the least amount of funds spent as my current method is to stop training at teen or Adult if it develops a talent I don't want and start over with another pet.
The only way to get fairy is through hatching, the only way to get pain giver is through crown shop pets or hatching, and the only way to get defy is through hatching or crown shop pets. So the only ones you can get without hatching and crown shop pets are spell proof and sprite if you want sprite. The only way to get the pet you want is to hatch, it took me over a year to get the pet I wanted(ward pet).