Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Filtering 'afk' and 'click' now? Really?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Noticed that I can no longer say 'afk' or 'click' in the game without the words turning red and into dots. Seriously?

afk = away from keyboard, which people use if they are going to be away for a couple of minutes but not log out of the game.

click = "how do i (whatever)?" "you click on (something in game like friends list or whatever)"

Any reason these two are now filtered or was that a mistake?

Administrator
This is an unintentional result of changes made for customer support. We will address this in an upcoming game update.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
May 22, 2011
When I try to say afk, Away from Keyboard, it goes red. I have no idea why, I have open chat. Is it something I did, or is it happening to other people too?

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
When I type afk it becomes red and the bubble it has dots. Can somone plz help me figure what it going on Austin fireflame level 90

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Whew. I was so worried about that. Glad it's getting fixed.

Rebecca Emeraldflame lvl 78 sorcerer

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
General Jack Squat on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
When I try to say afk, Away from Keyboard, it goes red. I have no idea why, I have open chat. Is it something I did, or is it happening to other people too?
This has happened to me too, only a different phrase. I said "gg" after a pvp match (good game) on my Wizard. The next day I noticed my Wizard could no longer say it .... It always pops up red. BUT all my other wizards on that account can say it just fine. This was years ago and is still in session today. Probably should have addressed this a lot sooner sorry!!

Survivor
Jul 22, 2010
its not just afk and click there is a lot more filtered out that i use all the time like when i try to say come on theres no time to waste or something come is filter and i tried to say k is your card up yet k is is filtered to i use some of these filtered words all the time without knowing or without thinking about ways to go around them most the time so i am use to saying them so can you plz work hard to unfilter these things i want to be again

you guys

madison iceheart lvl 88

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
General Jack Squat on Sep 20, 2013 wrote:
It's just happening to open chat people(I believe), on my open chat it's sometimes red and sometimes not, on my just 13+ chatter I'm able to say it. My 13+ chat friends can say it.

Survivor
Apr 20, 2012
I can say afk just fine. I have never tried click. I have text chat and idk whats happening to you guys.
Hope it gets better

Nicole Blueleaf level 33,

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Sep 19, 2013 wrote:
This is an unintentional result of changes made for customer support. We will address this in an upcoming game update.
Also, note that ofc is red as well.

ofc = of course

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Nicole Blueleaf on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
I can say afk just fine. I have never tried click. I have text chat and idk whats happening to you guys.
Hope it gets better

Nicole Blueleaf level 33,
Its only happening to people with open chat, text chats are able to say "Afk" still. Not sure about "Click".

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Okay here's what I learned from playing. It appears in red when typing and shows as ... to you but when you actually press enter and it's said, it will appear to others just fine.

So if I say, "I'm afk" to me it shows as "I'm..." but to others it shows as "i'm afk" (or "I'm afk" depending on the chat type they have).

So the bug is only in how it shows to the person saying it.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
The words that are being shown up in red using open chat have "curse words" (or some inappropriate words) in them or short versions of them. Like the last 2 letters in 'AFK.' KI just tried to eliminate all ways of trying to avoid these words being blocked but didn't realize they've done much more. If you have open chat and you say any new word that was not in red before, text chatters can see them but any open chatters can't for some unknown reason.

~Talon Skyrunner~

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I was on today and they are still bad words for open (red, yellow, white) chat. No idea for other chats.

May I suggest alternatives:
AFK: say "brb" or spell out "away from keyboard"
Click: say "press the mouse button on (whatever)"