Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

doing a quest before you get it??

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Hello,
My family and I have been playing for a few months now. And like most members, we have
a buddy list. During play, a buddy will call on you from time to time to help with a quest.

I want to know about this situation..,
Say a buddy calls on you for help. You did NOT get that quest yet. You port to them in a cave and help them defeat a boss. When the battle is done, you get a message "GOAL COMPLETE, NEW GOAL"
I want to know, will this in any way eliminate a chance that you had to complete a quest, or a quest line?
Will this mess up any chance that you had for that quest?
please, someone with experience shed some light on this.

Thank You,
Mark Dragon leaf. Level 48 storm

Administrator
Some quests are granted upon entry to a dungeon. The first time you complete the quest, you will receive full experience for that quest. The second time you complete it you will receive half the experience for that quest. Any subsequent times you complete that quest, you will not receive experience for that quest.

It should not impact your progress through the game, as if you leave the dungeon the quest is removed from your quest journal.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
stormkraker on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
Hello,
My family and I have been playing for a few months now. And like most members, we have
a buddy list. During play, a buddy will call on you from time to time to help with a quest.

I want to know about this situation..,
Say a buddy calls on you for help. You did NOT get that quest yet. You port to them in a cave and help them defeat a boss. When the battle is done, you get a message "GOAL COMPLETE, NEW GOAL"
I want to know, will this in any way eliminate a chance that you had to complete a quest, or a quest line?
Will this mess up any chance that you had for that quest?
please, someone with experience shed some light on this.

Thank You,
Mark Dragon leaf. Level 48 storm
No, it will not impact your ability to accept, do the quest and move on in the game.
Porting to a friend in an area/dungeon to which you haven't gotten the quest yet is a pretty common thing.
On the downside, you will not get credit for any dungeon you do prior to having the quest.

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Thank You,

That clears it up.

Mark Dragonleaf L49 storm
Mark Dawndust L22 Balance