Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Block players from joining fight

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
Hey everyone! So I was curious, is there anyway to block players from joining your fight? I use the block teleport quite often, but I wish there was a way to block people from walking into your fight by closing the open slots. I'm a level 88 storm wizard, and don't get me wrong, I love playing in groups. But my problem is that I often use a speed killing deck and gear, which consists of very few cards and no heals with high critical and damage, but low resist and block, which I use to kill minions for defeat and collect quests very quickly ( second or third round generally depending on their type). I don't have a problem with extra people joining, but people always seem to run into a fight the minute I click my kill shot. Then an extra enemy jumps in which doesn't get hit. This leaves me with a fight that will take another 3 or 4 rounds at least, sometimes more since occasionally I have no attack spells left. Worse off, today I actually died because I didn't heal up before a fight, went for my kill shot and someone joined. 2 turns later I died and didn't collect anything because of it. Anyway, I was hoping that maybe one day we could block the open slots. Once again, I love playing cooperatively, but don' t like people joining at the last second. What do you guys think?
-Adam Seafist lvl 88

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Thunder2Hound on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Hey everyone! So I was curious, is there anyway to block players from joining your fight? I use the block teleport quite often, but I wish there was a way to block people from walking into your fight by closing the open slots. I'm a level 88 storm wizard, and don't get me wrong, I love playing in groups. But my problem is that I often use a speed killing deck and gear, which consists of very few cards and no heals with high critical and damage, but low resist and block, which I use to kill minions for defeat and collect quests very quickly ( second or third round generally depending on their type). I don't have a problem with extra people joining, but people always seem to run into a fight the minute I click my kill shot. Then an extra enemy jumps in which doesn't get hit. This leaves me with a fight that will take another 3 or 4 rounds at least, sometimes more since occasionally I have no attack spells left. Worse off, today I actually died because I didn't heal up before a fight, went for my kill shot and someone joined. 2 turns later I died and didn't collect anything because of it. Anyway, I was hoping that maybe one day we could block the open slots. Once again, I love playing cooperatively, but don' t like people joining at the last second. What do you guys think?
-Adam Seafist lvl 88
No, there's no block like this, but honestly I love the idea. A lot.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
We really should have a duel block option. There are lots of negative conditions brought on by people who join late or uninvited.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
yeah. But peopel might troll others with it.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
-Adam Seafist lvl 88
Altho I don't have any one port into my Storm wizard, I do take the chance that a passer by, which is rare, may join so what I do is put spare treasure cards in my sideboard. Just a few so I know when I run out of cards they can all be drawn.

My mob and boss decks have at least a tc sprite/fairy - takes to many pips to wait for Satyr. You can also put or even train a reshuffle or put tc's you make up with sun tc's of at least wave.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
I normally keep a ton of self-healing TC in my side board and let the person who joined kill their person them selves...

oh and I keep those TC that "lower threat" in my sideboard too so enemies will just kinda ignore me.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
-Adam Seafist lvl 88
Yes! I need this option! I often have my friend's sister irl joining in our Avalon battles, even though she's only level 40 and just sitting there in the battle because she wants the drops. Even when we turn our ports off, there she is, joining the battle, I would LOVE to be able to close off the slots so she couldn't join!