Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening and Pet Snacks

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
I recently acquired a new pet namely the Sea Dragon and I'd like to get some rank 5,or 6 snacks to ease the grind somewhat. I did think about growing the snacks myself,as I'd need a substantial amount,but I'm unsure on whether this is a good idea. In your view,is it worth it,or am I better off buying them from a vendor? I did think about using Arena Tickets to buy some ,but PVP is not for me.. I am also limited by my gardening level as I currently am lv4,and would like to avoid spending crowns on seeds if possible.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Abigail759t on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
I recently acquired a new pet namely the Sea Dragon and I'd like to get some rank 5,or 6 snacks to ease the grind somewhat. I did think about growing the snacks myself,as I'd need a substantial amount,but I'm unsure on whether this is a good idea. In your view,is it worth it,or am I better off buying them from a vendor? I did think about using Arena Tickets to buy some ,but PVP is not for me.. I am also limited by my gardening level as I currently am lv4,and would like to avoid spending crowns on seeds if possible.
Dipping your toe in the extras of the game can be time consuming that is for sure.

Pet training can be made a little more pleasant if you get higher level snacks to feed them, aka Pixie Sticks, mega snacks etc. Between questing and gardening I usually net enough level 7 snacks and above to help me shorten the training time up so I don't just give up.

Seeds you have already won will get your level up there, my main snack plant is couch potatoes which I learned the boars drop in Grizzlehiem in the beginning area. I now have a ton of the seeds and I do get some good snacks from them. I am not an all out gardening person though, I keep my area small and manageable.

I train pets with any snacks lvl 5 or so to get to teen, I mix and match higher level ones with regular school ones to adult. If I continue on I then get serious about only lvl 7 snacks and above.

Community Leader
I normally look at things like this: You will either have to spend Crowns or Time

My favorite non-crown method was to garden Prickly Bear Cactus. They will give you some decent pet snacks and you can get the seeds for gold. Just make sure to find any items they "like" to help them grow faster.

However now there are many bosses that drop crown seeds, but at level 4 your probably not going to face any of these bosses until later.

Good luck, and may the bet talents be ever in your favor!

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I usually craft my snacks, or I buy them from the bazarr (it keeps my gold balance in a good state). I suggest crafting some of the mid range ones. It takes a little longer but it is cheaper than buying, and takes less time than gardening.

pirate8375

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
Thanks what I was thinking about,going into Prickly Cactuses as at the moment I'm growing Pink Dandelions which I can farm from Krokopotia easily enough,as I have one of the bosses there on farm status to get some gold,as I have big plans in mind. Then I can hop over to Grizzleheim and attempt to farm some Couch Potatoes as well,to supplement the collection.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
If you have some crowns to spend and the desire to garden, here's how you can train all your pets with mega snacks for the rest of your time in the spiral.

1. Buy or farm 12 Couch Potatoes and plant them in a 3x4 grid somewhere.
  2. Buy or farm 25 Evil Magma Peas and plant them in a 5x5 grid.

These grid sizes are just right for the large radius gardening spells. If memory serves, put soil plots "point to point" instead of parallel to each other to be a little more space efficient.

Buy, craft, or plant all the "likes" you can to speed up harvest times. You will be overflowing with level 9 snacks before you know it. One investment, mega snacks forever.

Once you start training pets with level 9 mega snacks, you won't even want to feed your pets level 8 snacks. You will be spoiled.