Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can your pet switch masters?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
I trained a Sea Dragon with my Death Wizard. I was looking to start an Ice Wizard and move the Sea Dragon over. Can this be done? Does the pet have to stay with its original wizard/master/trainer?

Thank you in advance :)

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Borgha on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
I trained a Sea Dragon with my Death Wizard. I was looking to start an Ice Wizard and move the Sea Dragon over. Can this be done? Does the pet have to stay with its original wizard/master/trainer?

Nope. Follow these steps-
1. Make sure the pet is in your backpack.
2. Go to your house and click on your bank.
3. Click on the backpack tab in your bank.
4. Choose your sea dragon and click on move to shared bank.
5. Go onto the wizard you want to move it on.
6. Go to their bank.
7. Click in shared bank.
8. The pet will be in there, so move it to your backpack.
9. Equip the pet.

Note- this will take your energy on your ice wizard.

Champion
Jun 30, 2009

Borgha,

You can switch over your pet in your bank, but I would advise you not to. Here's why.

As I started some time ago, before I deleted some of my wizards, I put their pets that had some awesome cards they gave in my shared bank. But when I go to clear out my shared bank of pets, you will experience that all of its abilities and maybe even the original card given, will be wiped from the pet.

I have been asking KI and wizard101, about the possibility of pets "consuming" other pets to gain their given cards, and/or stats to add to the current pet. I know this sounds weird, but it would help many wizards that keep only one pet, or has several that they love and house in their castle.

Hope this helps,
Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Pets can be shared... just like almost everything else (except houses and specific not shared gear), in your shared bank.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
You can do it, just put the pet in the shared bank and get it out with the wizard you want to have the pet. This takes away all your pet mana though.

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
It doesn't have to stick with the one wizard who trained him/her/it. You can switch it between wizards through the Shared Bank. It will, I warn you, deplete the energy of the wizard who removes the pet from the Shared Bank, even if it's to the bank.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
No, you can place it into your shared bank and go onto your new wizard, into the shared bank, and get it out with the cost of all of your gardening/pet-training energy.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Yes, place it in the shared bank on your Death then go on your other wizard and take it out. Your Ice's energy will be completely drained when this happens though...
(so you can't use up all energy on one character then put it on next and keep training.)

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Thank you everyone for your input. Here is another question. How do you know which school a pet comes from? Some are obvious but what about the sea dragon? Is he storm or ice?

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Borgha on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
Thank you everyone for your input. Here is another question. How do you know which school a pet comes from? Some are obvious but what about the sea dragon? Is he storm or ice?
If you have him equipped, simply press i. Then you will see a school symbol. That is school that pet is based on. The Sea Dragon is a fire pet.