Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips on belloq

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
Hi today I would like to give you some tips on belloq the cheatmaster.He is for most the hardest boss in Zafaria that's why I chose him.First you need four people. 3 are certain schools and 1 is you unless you are those certain schools.You will need a lvl 68+ storm that has 85% damage or higher.A ice with a 80% power pip or higher chance.A life who can spam heal.And you who needs 4 stun blocks in your deck.The ice goes first and is the spammer I suggest the ice because it can tank well and spam good.You go in next and use stun shield on all allies because to the minion loves the stun spell.He is married to it so you need the stun blocks.The life is next to heal everyone constantly.A storm is last because no one wants the hitter to be dead so everyone does there job while the sets up for a epic sirens.Its quite easy.

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
Another way, if you're alone, is buying some heavy resistance balance gear. The gear you need is everywhere in the bazaar. I used the head wrap of rapport, (the robe and boots I forget. The gear I used are in the level 50 range.) you will have around 80% resist to balance. (A pet with spell proof or balance proof would be ideal too.)This way, you can prevent a lot of damage being dealt, and focus on casting blades and heals.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
dumbug23 on Aug 7, 2013 wrote:
Another way, if you're alone, is buying some heavy resistance balance gear. The gear you need is everywhere in the bazaar. I used the head wrap of rapport, (the robe and boots I forget. The gear I used are in the level 50 range.) you will have around 80% resist to balance. (A pet with spell proof or balance proof would be ideal too.)This way, you can prevent a lot of damage being dealt, and focus on casting blades and heals.
Yes that's a good idea too also what I did was use that gear too but I had a random glitched double proof pet with defy which was so helpful but I was able to get 95 balance resist and still have 29 universal

Explorer
May 14, 2009
All I needed to do when I fought him was use frost bite over and over again. Once he was gone, I just went after his minion. Just use DOT on him as much as you can, as it will stop him from casting his RA for a few turns.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
Cyber Espionage on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
All I needed to do when I fought him was use frost bite over and over again. Once he was gone, I just went after his minion. Just use DOT on him as much as you can, as it will stop him from casting his RA for a few turns.
Um you can not do that the minion does triage

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Tyler LegendFriend... on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
Not every single time. Still worth spamming DOT if you can.

Soloing without a healing pet is hard, but if you have death mastery and stick a lot of ghouls and vampires in your sideboard, you can manage.

Another trick I've seen balance use is free Unbalance for several turns, then Chimera. You can also get the super high balance resist gear (Compatible Clothing and the balance resist hat) at the bazaar.

Go to bazaar and camp it for the card Elucidate (target spell costs 2 less pips). Make about 6 custom free Unbalance tcs, then put them into the sideboard of the deck you're going to use against Belloq.

Put on your balance resist gear (altogether gives you about 80% balance resist) and spam your 1- and 2-pip hits until you draw your finisher (Chimera is best, but Hydra also works)

When you draw it, start pulling those free Unbalances and slapping them on, build up pips, then go to town.

If all else fails and you have neither a spam hit or an Unbalance, your resist should help you survive a couple Ras before you need to think about Plan Z, which is hail mary dispel and call your minion. He may be able to run interference for you by sanding every two or three turns, letting you build up slowly again and distracting/killing the minion.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
my death just used a slightly buffed, Sun Boosted Poison/Fire Elf over and over, and when he died, Wraith and I obliterated the minion on the first try of this. I feared Belloq b/c of the DoT requirement, but those two spells alone nuked him in no time. Every now and then I'd use a wraith if I could stack the pips right so that I'd be healed. Fire has a HUGE advantage there, being able to cast Fire Elf (2 Pips), Link (2 pips), Heck Hound (X-pip) and Scald (5 pips) all in 3 rounds. If you dare use a Fire minion, the First generation fire minion does a great job because it uses Link a whole lot which heals its bad health AND attacks over 3 rounds allowing you to build those extra pips. Imagine being able to do a Multiple Bladed, Sun Boosted, Fire Dragon just once in that battle

Survivor
Apr 04, 2012
He was easy for me cause I used a level 80+ storm henchman and a level 80+ Life and Fire henchman.
We defeated him in about 10 rounds ( even though i'm horrible at fighting no wonder I need henchman! )
I did forget all his cheats. And I do need help fighting the Jabberwock ( Avalon ).

- Shannon Duskgrove Level 77

Survivor
Dec 24, 2010
i soloed a bunch of times with my fire guy. Just cast low level DOT spells (like fire elf) until you save up pips for a bigger hit.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Tyler LegendFriend... on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
In Zafaria? No. Damage over time spells work fine. The second time you fight him in Aztaca the minions triage, but not here.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010
Tyler LegendFriend... on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
Hi today I would like to give you some tips on belloq the cheatmaster.He is for most the hardest boss in Zafaria that's why I chose him.First you need four people. 3 are certain schools and 1 is you unless you are those certain schools.You will need a lvl 68+ storm that has 85% damage or higher.A ice with a 80% power pip or higher chance.A life who can spam heal.And you who needs 4 stun blocks in your deck.The ice goes first and is the spammer I suggest the ice because it can tank well and spam good.You go in next and use stun shield on all allies because to the minion loves the stun spell.He is married to it so you need the stun blocks.The life is next to heal everyone constantly.A storm is last because no one wants the hitter to be dead so everyone does there job while the sets up for a epic sirens.Its quite easy.
You do not need four people; I soloed the battle on my level 69 storm wizard. In my deck, I put three Gargantuan spells in it, 3 tempests in it, and many Thunder Snake, Lightning Bats, and Tempests in my side deck. On the first round I used a critical gargantuan tempest and killed the minion. (If I hadn't killed the minion I would've used my other two gargantuan tempests on the following turns and killed the minion) After the minion was dead, I pulled out my treasure cards and slowly killed Belloq.
(If I had fizzled at any point, I would've died due to his cheat, so note that I got lucky when I did this)

My gear, if you're wondering, is:

-WW hat, robe, and boots
-Lifeforce blade (got it as a drop from Nastrond)
-Crafted ring and athame from Wintertusk
-Life Mastery Amulet (I didn't use it at all in this battle, it's better to get an amulet that gives a lot of health) And I got this as a drop from the WW, so I didn't spend any crowns on my gear.
-Deck is largely unimportant, just make sure it can hold about 15 treasure cards

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
here is a good strategy, bring four people, one person just casting ice dispels on the minion, and one person just casting balance dispells on belloq, and one person attacking belloq every single round with one pip spells, and one only attacking belloq with big attacks, and then after killing belloq, everyone kills the minion. hope this helps p.s. do not, and I mean do not use multi attacks!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Gemma Luna on Oct 23, 2013 wrote:
In Zafaria? No. Damage over time spells work fine. The second time you fight him in Aztaca the minions triage, but not here.
Yes this is right. I was able to solo Belloq in Zafaria easily by using lots of low-level over-time spells. He only cheats when he is not attacked. So you just have to find a way to do damage to him every single round. My fire wizard did it with lots of fire elf spells, low pip spells, and a few other over-time spells. He is actually not that difficult, as long as you hit him every round.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
FinnAgainWindrider on Dec 4, 2013 wrote:
Yes this is right. I was able to solo Belloq in Zafaria easily by using lots of low-level over-time spells. He only cheats when he is not attacked. So you just have to find a way to do damage to him every single round. My fire wizard did it with lots of fire elf spells, low pip spells, and a few other over-time spells. He is actually not that difficult, as long as you hit him every round.
I was able to solo him with ice, death and storm. Cast fire elf, then blade up for a couple rounds and repeat the fire elf, collect pips, then hit with a bigger attack. If he doesn't die repeat.

Explorer
May 21, 2012
i just kept imp and leprechauning him it was easy and the fire efreeted once which only did 1k nad then there was another life who just took out the minion

talon moontail69