Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Add New Schools?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
I Think maybe adding new schools could be pretty cool, and of course the more worlds you guys add, it'll make it harder to make the new schools, and their gear...Etc...

I Think there can be an 8th school maybe---of Phsycological magic, where you can attack your enemies using physcological moves....like making them feel so guilty they want to run away. i guess it would be a pretty nifty school, and it can be a Pinkish color for the school symbol. It can also have an attack move like---Hurting their heads, the animation where when you "Wand" spell them, it is making them Put their hands on their head, and move around like they have a brain attack. I Guess that's the only new idea i have so far hehe....

But i wonder if anyone else has ideas too, cause really it'll be harder to make schools with more worlds.

Nora Night Level 38 ~Thanks!

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
Sorry, nope.

A new school would change everything. Kingsisle can't just randomly bring in a new school in the middle of the game. It's nearly impossible.

They would have to make a big selection of new spells, gear, etc. Plus, Kingsisle would have add it to Ravenwood. They made all the schools when the game came out for a reason.

It's not going to happen. It'll take a lot of work to make the new school, anyway.

Have your hopes up for other updates, though!

~Molly

Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
Well Molly they didn't make sun,star,moon schools until celestial so maybe add schools with new worlds but I mean not to many. Current schools: And so maybe it's possible

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
I see what you are thinking. There could be like an air or wind type of school. Like some spells could be tornado or hurricane, etc. And another one, similar to yours, could be a psychic school. Where, another side school, does things out of the ordinary, like there could be something that lets you dodge one attack. Or use it to summon minions, destroy auroras and global spells, dispel the next healing, 15%+ to the next attack per pip, and things like that.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 64

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Survivor
Jul 16, 2013
I hope not... I'm happy with the schools we have now...

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
bunnyukti on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
I see what you are thinking. There could be like an air or wind type of school. Like some spells could be tornado or hurricane, etc. And another one, similar to yours, could be a psychic school. Where, another side school, does things out of the ordinary, like there could be something that lets you dodge one attack. Or use it to summon minions, destroy auroras and global spells, dispel the next healing, 15%+ to the next attack per pip, and things like that.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 64

Sierra Hex - - level 33
Actually no. Sadly there can't be a wind school, because balance already took out the spells for a tornado type.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, to Molly DreamCloud, i understand that they may not make any more schools, but also i suggest they can try making "Extra" Schools. For example, like Celestia, they made it AFTER they released the game, and the star, moon, and sun school came after the game was released. So they might as well add new schools, if they have the time, but recently since so much is going on after all this time, they are very busy with adding bug fixes Etc, and they made the star, moon, and sun school because they thought that it would be cooler to have extra schools...like Having 2 Schools. And during the time they made Celestia, i bet they had more time, because Pirate101 wasn't released yet, and they decided to make the game more fun!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anywho, yes i know very well that it's hard to make new schools, and i very much doubt that they will, But maybe they might make some extra new schools in the next World? We never know...
-----And also i thought making more schools would be better, because people who already played the game, and finished using about all the schools they liked, can use more newer schools, and find out the amazing and interesting things about them!

~Thanks!

~Nora Night Master Thaumaturge

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
omg! i have a great idea. what about there is a secret school like that.... like NightSide only way harder to find and there is no quest to find it. You have to find it yourself.... and its totally top secret? There should be a Wind or Air school

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
Defender
Sep 19, 2010
a Psionic School would be interesting; dealing mainly with effecting the minds of others. Anyone who has ever played Pen and Paper Dungeons&Dragons will know exactly where this is coming from, but I think it would be interesting to have spells with effects like:
Concealing Spells cast; I mean like an effect that lasts a set number of turns, without removing the effect of an aura or bubble. Either have the effect of cloak without individual enchanting, or cause the opponents screen to show nothing but their cards.
Scrambling cards in hand; Cause cards pictures to randomly swap places with each other, without moving the effect; so you might click on tower shield, and cast your pixie instead.
Body Swap; causes 2 members of the same team to temporarily switch characters; so If my myth 2v2's with a life friend, I would be in his body, with his spells, his pet, his everything but mind, while he is in mine. Think this would be interesting both as an offensive and supportive tactic.
Discard; the effect of this spell would have to be somewhat not shown to make it useful; maybe make it look like a pierce without a shield or a cleanse ward without a trap or something, but it causes the next spell the opponent clicks on to instead be discarded, or instead of discarded, played. This would have to be controlled fairly strictly to keep from being excessively abused though.
Scramble; All blades or shields you cast for a set number of turns look different than what they are; so you might use a tower shield that looks like a single myth shield, a stormblade that looks like a lifeblade, etc.
Phase Change; Causes all blades, traps, debuffs, shields, auras, and the bubble of a battlefield to change; staying as what they are as a class(blade stays blade, debuff stays debuff), but specifics to be altered(stormblade goes to mythblade, life dispel goes to balance dispel).

Felt something like this, entered like the Cl schools, would be interesting to see.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean

Survivor
Apr 28, 2013
no more new schools. i think we have enough schools.[if you include then yes we do have enough schools.]

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Like many others say, a new school would take a long time to make, and could only come out with a new world. But if it is, it would most likely be another ward-like school like the Astral spells.