Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

White Tiger and Amber, what do you need?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I am confused, the Professor stated White tiger lily had the best drop rate for Amber.
I have harvested over 20 of them, and not a single drop. I have also harvested Red Bell Pepper,
Red Huckleberries, and King Parsley with no a single Amber drop.
I have added what they like, hoping that would help the drop rate, but no luck at all.

I have seen a vid that says the drop rate is normally 1 in 5, but I'm 0 for all plants.
I have three level 8 farmers and one level 10 farmers, so they can all plant White tiger lilies now.

The question I have is, do I need to add something else, to get them to drop an Amber?
Do I need to reach a certain number of plants that I have harvested, before they start dropping?

Anyone have any idea, as I'm thinking of just quitting crafting spells completely now.
After almost a 100 and no amber, just doesn't seem right to me at all.
If I have to plant and harvest 1000 of plants or more to get 12 amber, it's not really worth it for anyone.

I have to say, this is the first thing in W101 that I find is just not right, out of a 100 you should at least get a few.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Did you plant orange dandelions, pink dandelions, or regular dandelions?

Do you have a potted cattail?

Do you have a blue ball of yarn?

Do you have the red barn farm?

Do you have a pixie on one of your plants?

Do you have a tropical garden gnome?

These are all the things that White Tiger Lillies like. Did you miss something?

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
I started harvesting White Tiger Lily with no luck. The same difficulty with Potent Trap and Agave Nectar. I've just about had enough of this game. I understand making it difficult, but I shouldn't have to spend weeks trying to get one ingredient to a recipe.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Drops of amber are random, but planting a plants "likes" will make it grow faster. So less time until it hits elder.
I ran KPs for my amber, and had 2 gardens of 32 each IIRC. It took a couple of months to get the needed amber, but King Parsleys at least dropped a seed at mature sometimes, so you can have large gardens very quickly.
WTL has a better drop rate, but I could never get enough to compare with the KPs.
I would suggest planting KPs with all their likes, including the crown item Bubbling Cauldron. You can farm it or buy it, I bought it.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
answers.....

Did you plant orange dandelions, pink dandelions, or regular dandelions?
Yes.

Do you have a potted cattail?
No...

Do you have a blue ball of yarn?
No....

Do you have the red barn farm?
Yes.

Do you have a pixie on one of your plants?
Yes.

Do you have a tropical garden gnome?
Yes,

But I guess that none of that matters, as I just read Rottenhearts posting, and it
gave me a rotten feeling for gardens.....

He says he has 300 King Pars growing and only get two amber a week. Insane to me,
just insane, I don't need a spell that bad, no way. I would never spend that much of my time
putting sun and water on a plant, just totally, and absolutely insane I tell you......

These are all the things that White Tiger Lillies like. Did you miss something?
I would miss the time I wasted on something like this for sure......
I could never get that back......