Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Transmute Agave Nectar Recipe

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
I'm a level 89 Death Wizard trying to buy Transmute Agave Nectar Recipe. I'm standing in front of Popol Vuh Whitepaper, looking at the recipe, with sufficient gold, but I can't buy it. What am I missing? Is there a requirement I haven't met or do I have to be a Storm Wizard? Please help. I need this to finish my crafting requirement. Thank you.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Catch 22.
You need to be transcendent crafter to transmute agave leaves to nectar for your quest to become transcendent crafter.
Basically you have to keep collecting agave leaves for the rare drop nectar for your quest, then after you complete your quest you can buy the transmute for crafting gear, etc.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
You can only get the transmute after you did the azteca quest.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
lgibsonjr on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
I'm a level 89 Death Wizard trying to buy Transmute Agave Nectar Recipe. I'm standing in front of Popol Vuh Whitepaper, looking at the recipe, with sufficient gold, but I can't buy it. What am I missing? Is there a requirement I haven't met or do I have to be a Storm Wizard? Please help. I need this to finish my crafting requirement. Thank you.
You have to already have completed the Crafting Quest in Az in order to buy the recipe. KI has set up one of the worst Crafting Quests in Az this game has ever had.

I can tell you, there are Agave Leaves in Salt Meadow Swamp(can't remember the mobs there but there is a waterfall) leaves in every realm. There are 4 total spawning spots in that area. I farmed it for a couple of hours late one night and had over 200 Agave leaves and more than enough Nectar to do the Crafting quest. The only thing I still need is the Potent Trap, but am to the point I don't care anymore.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
You have to already be a Transcendent Artisan to buy it - that means you have to have crafted the Eagle War Shield already.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
If you're a Legendary Crafter, you cannot buy it yet. You can only buy the Transmute Agave Nectar at Transcended Crafter rank.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
It's sort of a catch 22. You cannot buy the recipe until you get your Azteca crafting badge. But you really want that transmute recipe to get the agave nectar you need.

The answer is you have to spend a bit of time looking for agave leaves in Azteca and hope to get the rare agave nectar as a drop. It might take a couple hours of focused farming of agave leaves, and there are only a couple areas you can even find the leaves, but you will eventually get enough nectar and your crafting badge, then you can buy that transmute spell.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
Thank you for the replies. I've been farming Alto Alto for Agave Nectar, but have only gotten Agave Leaves. I have no idea where to get a Potent Trap Treasure Card. This will be one quest I will forget about. I understand making it difficult but this is ridiculous.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Jul 2, 2013 wrote:
You have to already have completed the Crafting Quest in Az in order to buy the recipe. KI has set up one of the worst Crafting Quests in Az this game has ever had.

I can tell you, there are Agave Leaves in Salt Meadow Swamp(can't remember the mobs there but there is a waterfall) leaves in every realm. There are 4 total spawning spots in that area. I farmed it for a couple of hours late one night and had over 200 Agave leaves and more than enough Nectar to do the Crafting quest. The only thing I still need is the Potent Trap, but am to the point I don't care anymore.
Correction to location for farming Agave leaves. Look in Mangrove Marsh near the waterfall.