Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Immunity: in the arena: annoying: help!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
=
=
=
=
=
=
=

This is a picture represented survey of what wizards think of ice getting too much resist in the arena, eventually leading up to complete immunity to a certain school. 49 people were asked about their feelings about this, and as expected, ice players are very happy with their new abilities unfortunately granted to the by a certain Kingsisle member.

Basically, immunity is resist so high to a certain school, that it reaches 100%, so 100% of that attack is negated. No blades can stop it. Even if you were to use a 1000 percent attack, and blade it with 30%, and use feint, the damage would be zero, because 100% of the attack is negated, and blades don't affect it. The only straightforward, (note i know about prisms), way to counter immunity, is to use pierces. Our piercing isn't high enough for this yet, so it would be superfluous to attempt using this only.

Go to duelist101.com, ad read the page called, immunity in the arena, and also look at comments and video.

If ya want to, search up wizard101 immunity in the arena on Google, and look at articles.

After Celestia was introduced, it became harder and harder to take ice on, but now, its down right mean! It is very unfair to most of the Storms and Fires out there. We can't compete at their level anymore, and it's bad enough that they have extra high resist and good defense and immortality(high health), but factored in with immunity, life amulet, and first turn, is basically good game. We would only have a chance in this situation with friends to help, and not just 2, but at least 3, or else the storm/ fire would be killed.

Oh, don't worry myths, it will come for you too! Just wait.

Guys, you are free to express all opinions you have about it( that's what i want), and free to contradict.
Hope the issue is solved before we hit Polaris.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
First, you probably should've posted this in the Ravenwood Commons or PvP section of the Forums.

Second, I'm pretty sure that percents in this game don't work they way they do elsewere. If you have a regular tower shield (-50%) and a Treasure Card tower shield (-55%) you, when you get attacked, the attack will do some minuscule amount, but not zero. I'm pretty sure the only way to get an attack to zero is to use some kind of absorb. ( Sprit Armor, or, yes, Frozen and Ice Armor).

Third, Ice wizards have no natural resist (unfortunately ) and one of the main thing the article talked about was people using Jade armor to be a tank.

Fourth, I don't do PvP much, and I have only about 50% resist to each school, and 60% to Fire and Storm. So, the world isn't full of Ice tanks.

Fifth, I've seen Fire people with over 5,000 health, and Storm people with large resist to their own school, including one immune guy. So other schools can tank, but Ice just seems to do it a lot more.

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage Thaumagture
Julia FirePyre, Mangus Pyromancer
Hunter Hunter, Innate Conjurer

PS: Another form post I'm paying attention to is called Ice Wizards: Enough Powerful (https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/ice-wizards-enough-powerful-8ad6a4153f13740e013f4c9e82f81467) So, it seems to be half the forms are people complaining that Ice isn't powerful enough, and the other half is complaining that they are too powerful.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1) This post should be under the PvP threads.

2) Ice resist has been hashed and rehashed many many times. Your post is nothing new.

3) This game is about PvE, not PvP.

4) Ice is made for defense. Storm and Fire are made for offense. Ice has the lowest base damage spells, and the lowest damage boosts by 2x to 3x+ compared to Fire and Storm.

5) There is no way an Ice can have 100% immunity with in-game, crafted, or crown gear. Pets are the only thing added that can make it possible for immunity to one or two schools. However, to achieve this, other necessary stats for Ice wizards go down.

6) The use of Pierce and other tools are available to bring down immunity.

7) I see there isn't any mention of Jade gear that many wizards use (especially Life), which can give 79 resist across the board to all schools, and add any additional school resist from pets, can make it possible for other schools to have immunity or close to it.

7) I've said this many times. Each school has their strengths and weaknesses. Each school is unique. Some are made for offense, some for defense. Since this game is about PvE, concerns about what a school has or doesn't have shouldn't be a concern.

Explorer
Apr 11, 2012
In pvp they are SUPER mean. This is what they are,

=
=
=
=
=
=
=
Thanks!
Megan Skywalker, Level 59, Ice Wizard