Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

in battles...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 05, 2012
What do you think is more important, Criticals or critical block? Please post your opinion. (this is for battles in av).

(This posted this message in the wrong spot. I meant to put it in Avalon. so sry.)

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
critical blocks. critical is everyone's favorite, but if i had to chose between blocking a critical, and getting a critical, i'd chose the block. defense is more important than offense. a critical will kill faster, but if you dont block one against you at a high damage rate, it almost always spells instant death. many bosses in celestia onward will amost always block just about anything you throw at them so i'd encourage you to keep the defense up and worry about criticaling when its the last offensive option

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
Hey Blaze, In my opinion (since I just finished av) I think critical block is much more important bacause once you start getting to rank 12's and 12 Elite's they have way more critical's and more blocks starting around the Wyrd so that's my opinion. good luck.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Critical block. Even if you do manage to land a critical if you don't block you're probably not going to live long enough to see your success and build on it.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
It depends on the world, in this case AV.

With AV, I found that enemies critical was not very high, only a 90% block blocked it. I also found that the street mobs don't block very well, bosses do but can be overpowered easlily. So in AV critical is more important.

Angela

P.S. In azteca, it's the opposite, just to warn you

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I wander the spiral with two outfits. They both look identical except trim color (for quick selection, and prevent accidental selling). It's actually just my cloak and boots I swap.

Outfit #1: General Spiral questing. High pips, damage, critical. Priority in that order. Other stats are in the mix.

Outfit #2: Azteca (and tough avalon bosses): High critical block, damage, damage resist. In that order. Near the end of Avalon is when I began the second outfit concept. Critical block is important in Avalon/Azteca, but unnecessary elsewhere.

RottenHeart, Lvl 90