Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 13, 2011
demonkid15 on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
I am having a hard time figuring out wt is a good school?
It depends on what you do with your wizard like PVP, social, etc. .

From Blaze LightGlade

Survivor
May 18, 2012
death and balance are the best schools in the whole game starts and stays strong and starts weak but gets very strong

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
That entirely depends. My very first character was fire, but the test for me says often Life, Ice, (life and ice no matter what) Death, and Myth (these depend on which quiz I take). If your going for power, I'd say fire. ( pun) Storm may be the most powerful, but it fizzles so insanely often, sometimes I just don't have even patience for it. I like storm, though. I recently created a storm character and I'm doing well with her. If you want to stay alive for the longest and be able to take the most amount of damage, I'd say ice. I'm level 45 with an ice character and I'm doing fairly well with her, too. She's already finished Dragonspyre ^_^. However my main character and the one that works the best for me is Death. She's level 85, and part of the reason why she does so well in the game is because every time she attacks, she gets healed. (If you go with death, cast the weakest traps to the strongest traps. As in Curse, Death Trap, THEN Feint) Balance is really cool. They've got pretty much an even combo of all the schools. They can heal, they can cast spells that hurt with pretty much any magic, and they've got a bunch of shields. TOTALLY useful. If you plan on playing this game with friends, then I'd suggest Life. Not only can you heal awesomely, but you've also got enough health points to live for a while, and you can get an absorb spell. I've never tried Myth, and it's not my favorite, but it's really powerful and has an overall good amount of health points. I love how the Myth spell Earthquake takes away every trap and blade. I've got a few tips that work all-around for every school of magic. Cast as many traps and blades as you can, ALWAYS first train in the school of life before anything else, and do every side quest you see. Hope this helps!
~Katherine DeathHunter, level 85 ; Devin DarkFlame, level 45 ; Elizabeth, level 11+ ~

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
jwatchitp on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
I agree with scarlet it all depends on what you connect with and I'm the same as scarlet storm is what i connect with so i play on it.

John Dragonblade level 42
yes i agree with you guys too i'm and and its great

Survivor
Jun 12, 2012
"How about the school but remember always choose as your 2nd school because you will only learn
something protective (And I mean only if you choose as your 2nd school!!)Earthquake!!Trust Me!!"

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Like many have posted, it depends on who you are. The personality test at the beginning of the game usually matches you up correctly. If not, look at all the personality traits of each of the schools. They give a clear indication of what school you belong in.

There is no best school. But there is a best one for everybody.

Angela Dragonstone level 85

Survivor
May 22, 2011
some of my friends have a debate on which school is best (they tend to say ) each school has their own advantages such as takes health and heals with it. is a multi attack big health at high lvls bout 5000 health kinda a mix of all schools good in healing lots and lots of minions huge attack points but low health. for me I went with the one that I connected with the most which is go with what you connect with the most.

this has been: Hunter Deathspear level 76

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
All schools are equal. There is no best school. (I sound like a balance wizard.)

I just have a little tip: even though storm has the most base damage, don't use it unless you're prepared for a big challenge... the low health and fizzle rate make it hard to use as a primary, but it's great as a second.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
I think the best is ice.....Just my opion. Should i delete my Death???
Ryan Hawk Rider level:23

Sarai Level:21

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
for my opinion the 5 school most powerful schools are only from my opinion but are bad spells but is your selection not my cheers!

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
such a good question. my main wizard is ice. but its not the best school. I think that balance is the best school. think about it. most creatures u fight have a shield to their opposite school. but balance has no opposite school. it doesn't fizzle very often, and the damage is good. fizzles allot but is very powerful. doesn't fizzle very much but isn't as powerful as the other schools. (at least without traps and blades) is powerful but fizzles often as well. doesn't fizzle often and is powerful but most of ur quest spells at a young age r summoning spells. doesn't fizzle much but the damage is lower bc of the health back but that can be a good thing. doesn't fizzle hardly at all but isn't very powerful and is mainly healing spells. and doesn't fizzle often and doesn't have an opposite school and is mainly made up of all the schools together so it is always different. I think that is the best school.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2012
For me the best school for Leveling is because you cant die easy. For PvP the best is because there are shields of all schools and you will be in safety. For social is again because you can heal your friends if they are in trouble.

That is what i see. If you don't know what to choose just do the test at the beginning. Then you should see what to choose but if you don't like it you always can choose other.

Ethan ShadowSword Level 33

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
It depends, take the test and go with the school you get.

Survivor
May 05, 2012
RavenLady777 on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
All schools have good and 'bad' points; there is no 'best' school. Do your research online or just try whatever wizard the test comes up with. You can always delete a wizard and try a new school.
I totally agree. I have a friend who says that a certain school is the best (not saying names) and I tell him that every school has strengths and weaknesses.

Blaze WildBreaker Level 68

Explorer
May 21, 2011
Well. This is a tough question. I've done some thinking, and here I will list the schools in order from my favorite to my least favorite.

You get a shield for every school, and it focuses on all the schools.

Attacking and healing at the same time? That's pretty awesome.

Minions. Need I say more?

Damage over time can help a lot in tough battles.

Healing is something you will definetly need. If you don't take life as your secondary, you won't have very much healing spells, and not a good chance in battle.

There isn't too much that's special about this school other than they have the greatest defense.

Storm just doesn't appeal to me. Fizzling a lot and not much health won't help you in battles.

And those are my schools in order from favorite to least favorite.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
i understand it a little but i am still having trouble deciding wt school fits me.
i try taking the test again but i dont know what to do and i play this game a lot.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
i made a new wiz its balance and i am not sure if that was the right move??

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
Like some people say, every school has good and bad things about it. But to me life is the best school because it heals, and has very good attacks. I know not all of you will agree with me. But I honestly think Life is the best school.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
Defender
Jan 22, 2012
SuperWizardo999 on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
if you are going to go with anything your main type should be life or ice. Ice has most resist and health and life gets a lot of healing spells. For a second type do something like fire or storm or something similarly powerful so that way you have health/healing and damage
Nah I find that it is easier to have a school like Fire or Storm (damage is my favourite aspect) and train in Life - when you have Sprite and Satyr, do you actually need any more healing spells?
This isn't to say I have an aversion to Life - I love Life. Theurgists are great helpers in dungeons and are practically unbeatable. I just like Fire and Storm best.
Sierra Ashblood, Transcendent
Diana Spirithaven, Adept

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
people think that storm is the best school, but it's not in my opinion i like fire because they have hit over times which is really good to take off shields. Balance is cool to because there is no shields made to just block balance hits, but they only have a few cards that are like that.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
RavenLady777 on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
You're welcome! (I've played and deleted a bunch of wizards...nothing wrong with that!)
i am still having trouble with find a wizard who fits me. i am not sure what wizard fits me.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
demonkid15 on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
my second school is life is that good?
Life is a wonderful secondary school! Actually, many non-Theurgists have Life as their secondary school (or at least that is what I find throughout my travels in the Spiral). To answer your question correctly, yes, that is very good. Good luck in the game!
~Shannon Skybreaker

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
If you ask what is the best school my answer would be there is no better school. All schools are awesome and like it's stated in other posts they all have their pros and cons. Now, without being biased, I would have to say the most unique school is definitely balance.