Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Connection Woes

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Since the newest game changes has anyone else experienced high lag times, freezing up and logging in troubles? I have tried on several different computers and internet connections so I know it's not on my end. I have also heard wizards complaining about this as well.

I am wondering if Wizards is aware of the problem and when it will be fixed?

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
My friend and I are experiencing the same problems to the point we just quit and give up. Yours is the first post about the problem I've seen. I do hope this problem gets fixed soon.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Also after I get get locked up and booted off game and try to log on I get the message that Wizards is to busy to try back later. VERY frustrating...

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I haven't had this problem at all. Perhaps it's the realm your playing in? Perhaps sending a report to support would help.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have been having a lot more lag on all wizards(11) since the up date and one wizard keeps getting "Unable to find your Zone" or (Connect too long) after about 20 minutes in the game. And this is in perfect realms. Even in the Pet games.

Freezing up has been a problem in battle, or just trying to move from one location to another. I am even getting the warning of "That area is closed right now".

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
I am finding the same problems with that also so I don't know what is going on

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
I have had a lot of problems with disconnect, glitches. I know others have as well. I hope you are all reporting this as just putting it here isn't enough. Good luck.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Yes!!

1. In the middle of the game I will get a message saying: Invalid Username or Password, when I'm already on the game...?

2. Even if my connection is good and I log back on it will sometimes say: Wizard101 Is Busy Now, try again later.

3. My whole game will glitch out and everything disappears so I have to log off and go back on again. I:

Promethean Balance West Side Ninjas

Survivor
Dec 15, 2012
Anna Rainsong Pink... on May 9, 2013 wrote:
I have had a lot of problems with disconnect, glitches. I know others have as well. I hope you are all reporting this as just putting it here isn't enough. Good luck.
KEEP REPORTING BECAUSE IF THIS KEEP UP I WILL DIS. CONT

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
Yes, we must keep reporting. I have been and am still being told that they haven't been receiving other gamer reports of problems so it must be my internet, though I've cleared with them it is not my internet. I don't have problems with anything else. Nothing else disconnects. So Please.... keep reporting bugs. thank you :)

Survivor
May 20, 2011
I've been playing this game for a long time and this is the first time that I've put a card on the isn't letting me play the game, or travel to different places can you give me any sugestions so that I don't have to go buy another card?

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
I have had the worst one of these "connection lost" things, ok so I was in the really hard dungeon in Marleybone, and I had been begging friends to help me. One of them did and just at the last boss- boom, lost connection. I got so frustrated and it was really hard I just hope things like this, (witch happen often) get fixed I'll keep playing if they don't but dungeons, really?!

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
This isn't the first time I've heard about it, but I haven't noticed anything different . . .

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
Again, keep reporting the bugs or they'll just blame those few of us who do that it is our internet, not their problem.
And as for the person having trouble with the card (sorry - forgot your name) - i'd send them an email for sure about that. I've never had that problem thank goodness!

Survivor
Jun 19, 2012
I have been experiencing the same problem. I definitely believe that it is on Kingsisle's end. After experiencing the connection issues, I checked my connection with other mmorpgs and was able to connect for several hours with no interruptions. Another thing that I found interesting was that I have been running into a webpage error on the Wizard101 forums, while when browsing other websites, I have no problems whatsoever. For example, I am currently having problems submitting this reply... I desperately want this issue to be fixed.