Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Red Barn Farm House

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2012
love-Love-LOVE my new Red Barn Farm House! I immediately went to my other house and plowed up six plants and started a new garden at the farm! Thank you!

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Thank you so much for the Red Barn Farm House. Aesthetically, it's adorable and for an avid gardener like myself, it couldn't be more perfect. So far, my King Parsley plot had 5 likes total (thanks to a crafted Star Chalice and a bit of research), the Maelstrom Snap Dragons also have 5 and everything else has at least 2. At this rate, I should reach Legendary Gardener much sooner. And, to top it off, I was able to buy it with gold, saving precious crowns for refilling my energy so, yes, I can garden even more! Thanks KI-you hit it out of the park with this.

Erin Ice Weaver, staggering ever closer to Legendary Gardener.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I wonder how many Red Barn Farms were sold yesterday? Tons if my own accounts were any evidence, bought 10 of them, one for each active wizard. Love the idea KI!

Survivor
Oct 27, 2009
I absolutely loveee the Red Barn Farm House It's every gardeners dream home One of the things i can't get over is how much the outdoor area reminds me off The Wizard of OZ. Thank you soooo much KI for this extraordinary home for my wizard

Ashley Sparkle

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I was wondering.... Could this be a clue to our next world or just like a fun little gardening/pet keeping house?

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Goodbye dorm gardening. Amber waves of grain here we go.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
Snee432 on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
Thank you so much for the Red Barn Farm House. Aesthetically, it's adorable and for an avid gardener like myself, it couldn't be more perfect. So far, my King Parsley plot had 5 likes total (thanks to a crafted Star Chalice and a bit of research), the Maelstrom Snap Dragons also have 5 and everything else has at least 2. At this rate, I should reach Legendary Gardener much sooner. And, to top it off, I was able to buy it with gold, saving precious crowns for refilling my energy so, yes, I can garden even more! Thanks KI-you hit it out of the park with this.

gee I have about 25 plants

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
purrfectgirl on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
gee I have about 25 plants
I bought the new barn too!
40 couch potato going on to 72. I have the 4 plots of 18 setup in the new barn also the kings i will let die for the like ;-0 waiting on my elder harvest to move them over with the litter, stations etc.:)

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
I love tornadoes. So all of the tornado lovers out there that play Wizard101 will go crazy for this house

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Heh, all of you all talking so good about this house makes me wanna get one so bad (and the fact that all plants like this house is an extremely good incentive) :P Maybe I'll buy one when my current crop of King Parsleys are done.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Energeia on May 14, 2013 wrote:
Heh, all of you all talking so good about this house makes me wanna get one so bad (and the fact that all plants like this house is an extremely good incentive) :P Maybe I'll buy one when my current crop of King Parsleys are done.
If you have the gold to buy it, why wait? I started buying the Farm even before my last gardens were harvested at Elder. It is well worth the 125,000 gold and has lots of room inside and out. No matter where you put your plants even in pots inside, the plants will like it.

I have 6 RBFs on my Main Account and 2 on Second account. Noobs don't have enough gold yet to buy it but that is ok. They are still gardening and doing well at their current houses.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
I looove gardening, and am not too bad at it now either.
Need a place for large plots.

But...Emmaline is poor

could the Red Barn Farm go on sale soon, please?
like 9000 or less would be good

Thank You

all our
wizard Em

Survivor
Apr 02, 2013
wizardgirl349 on May 15, 2013 wrote:
I looove gardening, and am not too bad at it now either.
Need a place for large plots.

But...Emmaline is poor

could the Red Barn Farm go on sale soon, please?
like 9000 or less would be good

Thank You

all our
wizard Em
9000 gold would be too low. I could buy that house at that price in 4 days, tops, because I pull in a lot of gold everyday on wizard101. And if you need a place for large plots, just buy the Royal Playhouse in Wizard City! It's so huge, I can't begin to describe how much extra space I have! It has a beach, 3-story tower, HUGE 2 story house, a enormous theater with place for seats, backdrops and floors for the stage, and a backstage, and PLENTY of space for a garden. I suggest you get that first, so you can get more gold from your plants. Not that the Barn House is lesser than this one.
- Catherine Winterstaff

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I recently bought it, and I it too. It has so much gardening space, I couldn't believe my eyes! And I have a barn to put my horse mounts, and the inside of the house is beautiful!!!! It is so big and I feel so at home, it gives you this warm feeling when you walk inside. Great job KI!!!!!! Thx for making such a wonderful house

Cya in the spiral!

Angela DragonStone
Level 84

Explorer
Sep 27, 2011
Kymma Starflower on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
I wonder how many Red Barn Farms were sold yesterday? Tons if my own accounts were any evidence, bought 10 of them, one for each active wizard. Love the idea KI!
Your love of Red Barn Farms has caused me to be both envious and to believe I have fallen in love with you!

I love Red Barn Farms they are awesome!

Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
Just bought the Red barn house for my self 3 days ago and wow its real good i was level 5 and in 3 days i am now level 7 so i real think its good for the pro or non pro gardener and real help's with that perk you get where the plants like the house =) keep up the good work KI.

Survivor
May 13, 2012
some of you are lamenting about the cost of the new red barn house...if you have the wooded cottage then just get about 15 small pots (plowing takes mana) put them in clumps of of five ,get the medium water spell and the 2 ranked pest spell and plant stink weeds. they give gold anywhere from 60 to 110 and double at elder. they also give poison cards and smoke screen cards and lots of seed...the cards sell at the baazar for 200 and 215 each it does not take long to add up. if you have gotten to kroc then the desert villa for 30,000 is even better because you can use more pots than the wooded cottage will let .If you want gardening XP then spend the crowns to get key limes. 300 xp at harvest plus other good stuff and then 3000xp at elder.
unless you want a certain card from your plants try to grow the ones with the least trouble to feed and maintain. a plant that uses a rank 4 pest spell will eat up your mana. i reached grand master very quickly and i am happy at that level. i just use my plants for pet food and money

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
lots of my plants like the Red Barn Farm

maybe it could be on sale for a few days, maybe Memorial Day weekend

puppygirl141 - i did see and liked the Royal Playhouse but it’s even more gold - 15k

Ice Wizard Winterstaff, if u would like, u could add and message me IG
Emmaline Spellweaver
Im a noob when it comes to making gold
ty

wizard Em

Survivor
Apr 20, 2013
Got the Red Barn Farm, garden Stinkweed in 'the back of the house', all the rest up front (stinkweed for your Gold-sell your cards). I am still a noob; not sure what the 'likes' do for me. Earned enough Gold in a few days to buy the Imperial Palace from Mooshu (um, I do garden on two accounts and traded all the cards to one wizard to sell, that is why it was so fast for me). The tornado definitely reminds me of the Wizard Of Oz, also. Properly placed, 7 small pots can fit together and be cared for with the medium spells; carefully placed medium spells can water 9 small well placed earth plots (stinkweed growing for Gold). I very much want to plant an alligator tree but am afraid of the level of difficulty (even though a level 3 gardener is allowed to plant it) will wait until I get the fly swatter pest spell which kills any rank pest (I am just level 5 gardener now on the wizard that owns the farm). Very pleased with the Farm - a much better buy for gold, than the Midnight Sun Pagoda I bought for real money (which has given me terrible drops and has a bug allowing only 2 wizards inside). The Royal Playhouse is a good buy for the beginner Gardener, and nice house also... With the Large water spells, I can water and rid pests on a plot containing 45-50 small earth plots growing Stinkweed; talk about racking up the Gold and Treasure Cards to sell - Go For It; you will not be disappointed... Happy Gardening

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Snee432 on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:

There;s a legendary gardener now? I never knew!

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
I currently don't have the red barn farm, and I came to this forum after searching whether or not you can put plants in the brown fields. Now I know that you can, and I will be buying it shortly. As to farming strategies, I have a single stinkweed farm in my massive fantasy palace and it has gotten me at least 100000 gold after only having it for a couple of weeks. I definitely recommend many stinkweed farms if you want money.