Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does King's Island hate Solo players?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I'm a soloer, and your hirelings are dumber then a box of rocks and now I come to under the big tent which has been made impossible for a solo life wizard. 2 on 1 and I have to hit every round or take 1500 damage plus the other damage they nail you with. You really despise us solo players don't you. You made it impossible for us to use hirelings there plus made it impossible to survive the battle alone. But this is suppose to be a FUN filled game for all: groups or soloers yet you lie about the soloers! So I ask you why do you HATE us so much? Do we not put enough coins in your coffers?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
CastleLock on Apr 6, 2013 wrote:
I'm a soloer, and your hirelings are dumber then a box of rocks and now I come to under the big tent which has been made impossible for a solo life wizard. 2 on 1 and I have to hit every round or take 1500 damage plus the other damage they nail you with. You really despise us solo players don't you. You made it impossible for us to use hirelings there plus made it impossible to survive the battle alone. But this is suppose to be a FUN filled game for all: groups or soloers yet you lie about the soloers! So I ask you why do you HATE us so much? Do we not put enough coins in your coffers?
i know the one you mean, and it was hard for a solo balance wizard, too.

this is a multiplayer game and, as such, teamwork is often encouraged (and sometimes forced) over solo play. and yes, the henchmen are usually dumber than a ton of bricks, so don't rely on them.

this particular fight is especially tough for life and balance, since neither has a spammable damage-over-time spell. in fact, it's even harder for balance, because the boss is also balance and we don't have a prism to convert our damage to another school. but there is a solution, and my suggestion to you is:

spam leprechauns~ lots and lots of garg'ed leprechauns. my life wizard is next in line to go through there, and i figure she'll be spamming leprechauns, too.

buy the biggest deck you can, and load it with as many leprechauns as you can fit in it; pack some lifeblades, gargantuan or colossal, tower shields, and one reshuffle. fill your sideboard with fire elf tc, so you can buff and heal (or reshuffle as required).

how i did it:

balance had no choice but to turn to the central boards for help, and she used spectral blast in conjunction with someone who had a spammable DoT; death used poison, and storm spammed gargantuan wild bolts until the boss croaked.

whether it's your first time through, or your 50th, good luck. and stay away from those henchmen!

-von

90 balance & death
72 storm
50 life
28 myth/ice
22 fire

Explorer
Jun 04, 2012
They don't hate you they want everyone to have a fun-filled day in wizard101 so either get friends ( Do you have have friends?) or use tc

Hope I Helped!

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
Dude, calm down. First of all, minions are not dumb and useless. The minions I use almost always do their job correctly, and give me an edge in a fight. Sure, there are places were you can't solo, but that's what friends are for. Also, it's Kingsisle, not King's Island.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
First of all, your post was sort of hard to understand. Second, yes, there are some things that require a group here. There are things that require groups everywhere. It's game with more then one person playing, and they are living up to that. If you come to an MMORPG, and don't expect to socialize or have group content, then you are better off playing a Single-Player Game. And Kingsisle doesn't HATE any of it's players, that would be counter-productive on a monetary level.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
FDrybob on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
Dude, calm down. First of all, minions are not dumb and useless. The minions I use almost always do their job correctly, and give me an edge in a fight. Sure, there are places were you can't solo, but that's what friends are for. Also, it's Kingsisle, not King's Island.
isle means island so it could be Kingsisland if they assisted it to be that or their computer spells everything right and reds out Kingsisle so the closest thing it can come up is King's Island or that it's a older computer. It doesn't red oit Kingsisle for me so you should get a newer computer that doesn't auto-correct.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
FDrybob on Apr 8, 2013 wrote:
Isle can mean island.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Life solo's well. If your geared and have the right pet life can do it all just like death. My life friend soloed final az instance. IMO most of today's survival is about your pet. Proof, Defy static must haves. May casts sprite, tower, fairy, unicorn are great to haves as well.

I believe since may cast fairy any class can solo any map/instance with good gear on. the may cast does give the player leverage.

I have a very different view working on my 6th wizard and they all basically solo everything. I will admit death was my first and going to any non death class its much more about the deck, gear and timing on spells we all want to end will full health if its a tower ;-)

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
lol, Ok get friends, I play at all different times including in the middle of the night, I help others all the time to the point of not being able to advance the storyline for my own. I am a polite player that doesn't just jump into another's battle without asking 1st or the rare occasion of getting pulled the wrong way. Yet, I noticed that anytime I needed the "friends" to help me, they aren't around or refuse to help (love it). Yes, I understand some of the ones on a side quests are impossible as a solo player. I stay away from those. ie waterworks, helephant tower etc... I hold no grudge there because it's not required to advance. But now I can't even advance on the main story line. The tip from the Balance Wizard is very productive, I will try your tip. TY.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Dominooooo on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
Isle can mean island.
That's what I said! Still I hope he read our posts. Justin, can you meet me on realm vampire, friday 5:00 P. M, Area 1 in the Commons. I wanna add you. Also if you're a low lvl I can get you in Xibalba. It's a glitch. Won't say what it is cause it'll be crucial if KI finds out about it. Plz meet me there.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Sniper Rose on Apr 10, 2013 wrote:
That's what I said! Still I hope he read our posts. Justin, can you meet me on realm vampire, friday 5:00 P. M, Area 1 in the Commons. I wanna add you. Also if you're a low lvl I can get you in Xibalba. It's a glitch. Won't say what it is cause it'll be crucial if KI finds out about it. Plz meet me there.
Um, you might want to post 48 hours before meeting time due to having KI needing to approve the posts. Also, FYI, I'm level 87 Ice in Zultun Dock.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2012
Maybe KI saw people being bullied or not cooperating and they wanna teach teamwork and friendship.

- Scarlet MistCloud lvl 71 Starting Av

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
What I always did since Drum Jungle was attack one enemy at a time, usually with a rank 4 spell, it's really easy.