Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pets get xp from battle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
i feel it would be a good idea to have pets gai xp from battle not much but i dont like playing the games when i could be lvling up my guy and plz read and comment i would like to hear every ones opinion thx

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
good idea but how?
i say with the may cast every time pet cast a spell it will gain 1xp per spell

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
No, I would have a million pets at mega then. Sorry.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
bare1cc on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
i feel it would be a good idea to have pets gai xp from battle not much but i dont like playing the games when i could be lvling up my guy and plz read and comment i would like to hear every ones opinion thx
It would be too easy to train your pet without crowns.

At the end of the Battle, a message says "... (Whatever is your pet name) has gained ... (whatever amount) pet XP. Would you like to redeem this pet energy for ... (According to your pet's level) Energy?

And then maybe you could be able to feed your pet 1 pet snack or a seccond one for 100 Crowns.

#popcicool7777777

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Yes these are good ideas and something should be implemented like this.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
i say if you get an attack spell card from pet and you use it the pet should get xp for it

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
popcicool7777777 on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
It would be too easy to train your pet without crowns.

At the end of the Battle, a message says "... (Whatever is your pet name) has gained ... (whatever amount) pet XP. Would you like to redeem this pet energy for ... (According to your pet's level) Energy?

And then maybe you could be able to feed your pet 1 pet snack or a seccond one for 100 Crowns.

#popcicool7777777
Pet training should be crown free, IMO. They could double or triple the XP requirements and I'd be fine with that. heck, if we got XP from battles, especially the way I pointed out, I'd be fine if they multiplied the experience needed by 10

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
It's a great idea but i think it should get 10xp from spells.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
if pets are going to get XP, we need a balanced approach to it. 10 XP just seems too little to me, but that's just my $.02 USD

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
That would be very good. Like someone else mentioned, I reckon it should get some xp every time it casts a spell, but maybe 4 xp instead of 1?
~Maddie

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
That would be cool because I only train my pets when I'm bored. Thats when I'm stuck on a collecting quest because it always take so long to collect, and I'm usually not stuck on them.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I agree that pets should improve with overall in-game use (battle). But as pets improve there should be basic level requirements for the wizard to equip it. (Prevent shared bank of crazy awesome pets to level 5 wizards). This would keep the balance of the game.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Training pets through battle has been suggested before. I agree it would be more fun to train them in this manner. Some pets may actually be more useful by training in battle.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
RottenHeart on Jan 29, 2013 wrote:
I agree that pets should improve with overall in-game use (battle). But as pets improve there should be basic level requirements for the wizard to equip it. (Prevent shared bank of crazy awesome pets to level 5 wizards). This would keep the balance of the game.
I'd agree with this. Gotta find a way to prevent it from going out of control. Perhaps make it so you can't receive a bank share pet until you're level 20 or above?

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
This original message has been removed.
ok so wen did wizard 101 become math 101

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
i agree that pets should get xp from battles. i can only get my pets to adult then after that i can't really do anything.and they dont even have any good abilities from adult. so yea i agree.KI plz update the game with this in it its sooooo hard to get my pets pass adultKI plz accept this idea cause its a very good one,plz

Survivor
Oct 20, 2012
bare1cc on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
i agree even if it is like 1 or 2 xp and it helps people that dont have much pet snacks

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
brandy77 on Jan 29, 2013 wrote:
ok so wen did wizard 101 become math 101
lol it's been there for ages. Resist, block, power pips, critical, blades, traps, etc all use it :) The reason I used that info was to illustrate a way it could be done, and because people like to assume everything will be taken advantage of, I figured a breakdown of how it would work would be a good thing. Besides, it's not like YOU (the player) have to keep track of it, it would happen automatically. more importantly, do you agree or disagree with it? That's what matters, if pets were to get experience from battle, how would it work? I think pets who contribute more to a battle should get more experience and that's what's been echoed here. People have said that if the pet casts a spell, it should get more experience, but if you think about it, and look at my example, pets offer more to a battle than just a spell. Those aren't the ONLY ways/abilities that does, hence the breakdown of category as well as experience per category; so it's a global idea and my phoenix was simply an example. If we use my method as an example, ANY pet who gives you extra HP/MP, but not spell cards or may cast STILL benefits from a battle and gets experience.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I think it would be nice if pets became a larger element of game play.

1. More contribution to battles (increased may-cast spell triggers) based on pet mood.

2. Pet mood being effected by a combination of
- pet age (time spent training to adult, ancient, epic)
- recent consecutive time equipped
- stuff recently fed to the pet.

3. Pet gains experience with participation in battle.

Pets are a major attraction to the game and a significant element for many players. Huge cost and time is spent trying to hatch and train them. It would be great if they became a greater element of game play.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
dayerider on Jan 30, 2013 wrote:
lol it's been there for ages. Resist, block, power pips, critical, blades, traps, etc all use it :) The reason I used that info was to illustrate a way it could be done, and because people like to assume everything will be taken advantage of, I figured a breakdown of how it would work would be a good thing. Besides, it's not like YOU (the player) have to keep track of it, it would happen automatically. more importantly, do you agree or disagree with it? That's what matters, if pets were to get experience from battle, how would it work? I think pets who contribute more to a battle should get more experience and that's what's been echoed here. People have said that if the pet casts a spell, it should get more experience, but if you think about it, and look at my example, pets offer more to a battle than just a spell. Those aren't the ONLY ways/abilities that does, hence the breakdown of category as well as experience per category; so it's a global idea and my phoenix was simply an example. If we use my method as an example, ANY pet who gives you extra HP/MP, but not spell cards or may cast STILL benefits from a battle and gets experience.
I have to agree at the beginning I was like WHA? but I read it again and I perfectly understood - maybe because I have a Phoenix too!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
popcicool7777777 on Mar 2, 2013 wrote:
I have to agree at the beginning I was like WHA? but I read it again and I perfectly understood - maybe because I have a Phoenix too!
I'm glad you took the time to read the whole thing. I think when people take the time and read it, it makes more sense. I used a phoenix because that's what I have. I could easily use the jellyfish my death character has. My point,l which it seems some have missed, is not the math, but a way to designate how experience will happen, in a fair, simple, even and understandable system.