Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP unfairness to lower levels

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
I was doing PvP with my level 22 ice, and I get matched with a Veteran who builds a hhuge tank of shields and that minions like a crazy. I think he must be level 30-40 (fighting him right now) How is that fair for my little Thaumaturge who is level 22 private?

Please KI, review the PvP matching system.

#meh, popcicool7777777

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
popcicool7777777 on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
I was doing PvP with my level 22 ice, and I get matched with a Veteran who builds a hhuge tank of shields and that minions like a crazy. I think he must be level 30-40 (fighting him right now) How is that fair for my little Thaumaturge who is level 22 private?

Please KI, review the PvP matching system.

#meh, popcicool7777777
yes, my level 17 private was a corporal once... but she kept getting paired with level 30 knights and warlords in full pvp gear. as for how that's fair, couldn't tell you.

-von

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Dr Von on Jan 20, 2013 wrote:
yes, my level 17 private was a corporal once... but she kept getting paired with level 30 knights and warlords in full pvp gear. as for how that's fair, couldn't tell you.

-von
no archmage of awesomeness signature?

#popcicool7777777

Survivor
May 10, 2010
I am a lvl10 storm and I find that half the wizards I fight are way higher then me like 20+. But today I was ranking against 1 that was a lvl 11. And they had critical(not the star school bubble) . I have never seen gear at my lvl with block so how can they have critical hit power and at that lvl

Maria
lvl 10
strom

Survivor
Sep 22, 2012
Yeah, i think its highly unfair. My overlord magus' sometimes get level 70 something privates :( Seems unfair to me, not only do they have twice as much health but sometimes have their waterworks, or sometimes even crafted gear ( if they are starting to rank). I kind of think they need to update the commander gear, or at least make gear for warlords and add critical block to the gear. Seriously, i stress so much about conviction not blocking their critical, and what happens if you can't find or you run out? Upper levels have access to so many powerful spells and stats, seems kinda ridiculous if you match a supposed 55 resist ( with all gear and a 15 resist pet) to a level 70 with over twice the health, good attack, critical, sun and star spells ( infallible o. o ). Idk, just an idea but i would be very happy if they added critical block if they made new gear for lower levels

Survivor
Dec 11, 2012
i was lvl 30 and i got matched up with a 42 ice? i would of won with efreet but it fizzled. they should put a 3-5 lvl cap so you dont go against people like 10 or 20 lvls above you.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2012
i was doing 2v2 with a friend she was warlord and i was commander. we got paired up against a lvl 10 and a lvl 69! he still lost but that is extremely unfair ;( they need to put a cap!

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
AshLegend on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
Yeah, i think its highly unfair. My overlord magus' sometimes get level 70 something privates :( Seems unfair to me, not only do they have twice as much health but sometimes have their waterworks, or sometimes even crafted gear ( if they are starting to rank). I kind of think they need to update the commander gear, or at least make gear for warlords and add critical block to the gear. Seriously, i stress so much about conviction not blocking their critical, and what happens if you can't find or you run out? Upper levels have access to so many powerful spells and stats, seems kinda ridiculous if you match a supposed 55 resist ( with all gear and a 15 resist pet) to a level 70 with over twice the health, good attack, critical, sun and star spells ( infallible o. o ). Idk, just an idea but i would be very happy if they added critical block if they made new gear for lower levels
For a magus overlord, it is normal to be getting really high level privates, because of your extremely high rank.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Popcicool I love low level PvP even though my commander gains on average 3-5 rank per win because I get paired up with level 20s-30s (my fire is level 10) I mean I win most of the time but I would prefer to get people my level. Haha oh well wins are wins and losses are losses.

Wolf, the Proud Pyromancer

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Wolf Skullslinger on Apr 4, 2013 wrote:
Popcicool I love low level PvP even though my commander gains on average 3-5 rank per win because I get paired up with level 20s-30s (my fire is level 10) I mean I win most of the time but I would prefer to get people my level. Haha oh well wins are wins and losses are losses.

Wolf, the Proud Pyromancer
I like the way you can stay positively so easily! Right. I was doing 4v4 with a legit midlevel team and we faced some grandmasters, that were private. If we had lost, our rank would have gone down by 20. But since we won, we got 3 points.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2011
I realize that there are supposed to be fixes for puppet teams in the test realm, but I think there is also a GLITCH that people are taking advantage of. Two of my characters who are BOTH level 6 wizards did pvp yesterday. For one, it was only her 2nd ranked pvp game. The other was a low-level veteran. They got in queue for a 2v2 game. They waited quite some time for a match. Twice, opponents had been matched and then did not go to the arena for whatever reason. When there was finally a successful match made, the opponents were levels 49 and 51!!!!!
I am quite sure that this was some type of glitch. A few days ago, I overheard some players talking about a 2v2 match. One asked the other, "Shall we glitch in?" and the other answered no. This was NOT the result of uneven puppet team matching, as both players on my team were at the same level, and the players on the other team were as well.
My characters each lost 25 points in this absolutely unwinnable match.