Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth or balance?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2011
hey guys and kingsisle i was just wondering if i should be myth or balance?i love the two schools but i can only
chose 1.plz answer back!

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
myth to me is the worst school so i would chose balence so you can upgrade your spells with shields and be the master of dueling, plus you can heal yourself with some balence spells and sometimes others

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
I would say go with Myth. I have both schools and enjoy Myth more.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2010
I agree with myth, no offense to the balance people, I agree with myth even though I'm a balance. I think myth is because they have allot of minions, and they can solo allot. I balance but they have horrible spells, only Judgement and Power Nova are good with colossal in my opinion. But i'm afraid they didn't catch me much with balance. Nicholas StormEyes Level 80 Archmage Soccerer

Survivor
Apr 06, 2012
Defender
Mar 09, 2011
TheTimeHat on Nov 10, 2012 wrote:
Death.
Death is probably the best School of Magic when it comes to fighting solo. If you're willing to take the chance of casting all of your traps and blades before you cast your main attacking spell, then you can quite often defeat the enemy in one strike. (Even difficult bosses like Skakis Screaming Moon)

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Try them both out and see which one you like.

Personally i dont care much for myth but you might.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Of the two, I prefer Myth. Myth takes some time to get used to, but can be very powerful (just like all schools). Myth was my very first wizard. :)

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
I do like myth but why waste pips on a minion when you could do a decent attack instead? it doesn't make much sense.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Well, Myth has the advantage of minions at the start, but then later on Myth becomes the master of manipulation in pvp, having stuns, DoT's, powerful minions, pip stealers, minion sacrifices, and so on.

Balance, however, has everything that you need.. Well, almost. Balance has the right debuffs, shields, minions, and you can use so many strategies with it.

It's your choice of which you like, really, just choose one of the schools and get it to level 12, and if you don't like it then delete and work on the other school.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
That depends~ if you PvP, pick Myth; if not, go with Balance.

I have both schools and, though I vehemently dislike Balance, the only school I dislike more is Myth. So yeah, that's my 2 cents, but it's up to you.

happy wizarding!
-von

Survivor
Dec 02, 2011
I have a level 45 myth and a level 20 balance. At first Myth is a really fun school to be in. But when you reach dragonspyre it turned dull. Balance is okay, one thing I hate about balance is that they have no convert and it is a pain to go up against balance enemies. Both are excellent at PvP. Myth can break shields and blades with earthquake, and Balance can shield and blade any school (except for themselves!). I would choose Myth though.. It depends if your new to the game because balance is difficult to master.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010
Easily Balance because with the way Balance is set up, you can become a perfect two part Wizard. For Example, say you choose Balance as main, Great health and Power pips, Judgement and Mana burn (And that spell that removes Auras), and Myth as second school, you will be able to blade your Balance with your Balanceblades, don't have to use training points on Spirit/Elemental Trap/Blades, and of course with Myth Mastery Amulet and Crafted gear, you can achieve Great hieghts as Balance/Myth player. You could even end up using Myth Just as effectively as you could use Balance.

Explorer
Jan 15, 2012
felipe123e on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
hey guys and kingsisle i was just wondering if i should be myth or balance?i love the two schools but i can only
chose 1.plz answer back!
MYTH! this is my school and i love it! it does great damage to storm and you can kill storm faster and it wont bother you to have to fight it and die! and it has alot of health i am a level 55 myth and i have 2724 health!

Explorer
Nov 04, 2012
Whait you can be both you can choose one as your focus , or mmain school and one entirely as your secondary school my main wizard is myth and death a great combo of schools but i'm about to change over to myth and LIFE as i here i'm gonna need it in azteca

Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
felipe123e on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
chose 1.plz answer back!
I don't really like Myth.

Balance
- It can help you and others

- You can heal yourself or others

Myth

- You have a lot of minions

- You can get spells that attack twice like Minotaur or Orthrus.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
i myself love balance.
if you want more of a lot of minions on your side choose myth.
if you shield and blade like your supposed to choose balance so you don't have to use training points on them.
myth also has a variety of attacks but i myself choose balance.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
i love balance i have a balance guy i didnt get very far with him but he was fun

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
I am a balance but you should choose myth. Myth is really powerful and awesome. Balance is great and super fun, but myth is a cool school that dominates.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2012
I think balance because my sister is myth and she is not that powerful and when you get judgement you can do lots of damage..... my high score for the most damage for using judgement is 2,558.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
balance, only cause you can help other with blades. i personally think balance is the one you should choose.

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
i have had both and they both have their weaknesses but when i was questing i could pretty much solo all the quests in the game. Myth has its advantages but it just cant compare to balance.
Balance can blade anyone or trap anyone. It has spiritual and elemental shields and if you train till tower you can even shield against other balance users.
You can also train in life with balance and just shield heal and weakness/black mantle your opponent while your minion attacks.
Or you could train (ironically considering the topic at hand) myth. Combine it with a myth mastery and you can earthquake to deny your opponent any shields or blades.
If you do happen to choose balance i would train in ice first till you get tower shield and then train in either life or myth. Mith would be best considering it would be most useful in pvp (earthquake) and balance has two or more healing spells of its own plus the fairy spell given to you after freeing the fairies in unicorn way.

Survivor
May 01, 2012
guys if you are in balance school, and if you are a high level balance school has attacks for every school, plus when you wasted all your other school spells just use high balance school spells, i really do balance school because it got attacks for every school & has ever school shield

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Eli9030 on Feb 23, 2013 wrote:
I think balance because my sister is myth and she is not that powerful and when you get judgement you can do lots of damage..... my high score for the most damage for using judgement is 2,558.
Dude, I can hit 5,000 damage normally with Temp so I can defeat Azteca Minions and take a chunk of the bosses health out!