Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why does pet hatching cost so much money?????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
i was wondering why does pet hatching cost so much plz tell me maybe one day ya'll can lower the price maybe? thanks

Administrator
Economics, my young Wizard. It's the same reason a rarer pet costs more to purchase in the first place.

The rarity of the two pets you are hatching impacts the cost of the hatch.
The rarer the pets - the more valuable the outcome - the higher the cost to hatch.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
PokemonGirl112233 on Nov 3, 2012 wrote:
i was wondering why does pet hatching cost so much plz tell me maybe one day ya'll can lower the price maybe? thanks
hatching 2 top end pets only takes a max level player at the right camp 10 minutes to get whats the issue?

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
masterryan1969 on Nov 6, 2012 wrote:
hatching 2 top end pets only takes a max level player at the right camp 10 minutes to get whats the issue?
Ya, ... i didn't get the sarcasm at first. very funny!

The pet hatching process is introduced to new wizards during basic WC orientation under level 10. Most new players can not use the hatching system for weeks or months because of the giant cost. I think I hatched my first pet in level 20's. And it was useless.

Understanding the whole pedigree/talent/hybrid/inheritance stuff takes quite a while and based on posts on the forum is not well understood by a large population of wizards. Pet hatching is a really cool element in the game, but its too expensive and complicated for new players, especially kids.
It would be better if the balance of cost/complexity/effort/benefits of pets scaled more to wizard level. And then some pets should only be equipable by wizards of certain levels only.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Nov 4, 2012 wrote:
Economics, my young Wizard. It's the same reason a rarer pet costs more to purchase in the first place.

The rarity of the two pets you are hatching impacts the cost of the hatch.
The rarer the pets - the more valuable the outcome - the higher the cost to hatch.
Like if you're pet was an MEGA, it would cost more because of the level you're pet is. Also if you're pet is super rare. The more higher the level is or the rarer the pet. The higher it cost to hatch.

Hope I helped

Amy LegendCaster, level 34 Ice wizard.
If you find me plz add me .