Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Special Spells Not Special!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
We all know each school has spells that you can't use training points on well heres the thing anyone could easily buy crowns and get armor well that armor would have these special spells taking the power out of that school. Lets say Im Ice I can go buy a crown pack and possibly get a set of armor with a scarecrow spell and I feel as if thats unfair. Im not at avalon at but I also feel it wrong letting low levels getting high level avalon spells using crowns. Now im fine with pets but armor I don't.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
That's how I reacted until they fixed the issue with wands with polymorph's... Sorry, some spells are put in these. As long as they aren't OP, I am fine with it!

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I'm fairly certain that the spells on armor still use the regular PIP system. Meaning if an ice wizard had a piece of armor that gave them the scarecrow card, they would need 7 pips to cast it as it is a spell from a different school. Golden pips don't act as double pips when casting from different schools, so if an ice wizard really wanted to waste all of those pips on a scarecrow, i'd just think they were silly, and see nothing wrong with it.

You can buy treasure cards with the same spells on them. I have seen Dr Von's Monster treasure cards, efreet treasure cards, and so many others. Are using those any different than using a spell card from a piece of armor?

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
It's odd, but I guess it makes money. I:

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
they need to be a certain level to equip certian armor