Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells The Same?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Hey guys, I was just wondering if avenging fossil and sun serpent were the same thing, just sun serpent is a little bit more powerful.

Adam IronFlame Level 87 Fire Guy

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
kapp1 on Jan 24, 2013 wrote:
Hey guys, I was just wondering if avenging fossil and sun serpent were the same thing, just sun serpent is a little bit more powerful.

Adam IronFlame Level 87 Fire Guy
www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Sun_Serpent
www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Avenging_Fossil

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
popcicool7777777 on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Sun_Serpent
www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Avenging_Fossil
I dont know if my post answers your question, therefore I'm going to express myself in words.

Sun Serpent can do a little more damage than efreet, and gives a little pain to the other enemies. As a pyromancer, this spell really looks great for me because you can use the 1000 damsge on a boss and the other AoE to the minions. No need for an Dragon and then an Efreet anymore!

Skeletal Dragon has more damage than Avenging Fossil, but if we add the AoE damage to the single target damage, we can have 1 200 Death Damage, which a small damage increase from the Skeletal Dragon at 1 010 Damage if we add up all the DoTs.

So, to answer your question, the conclusion is that yes, they both do the same effect, just different amounts of Damage.