Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Of Time, School of Chaos, new magics

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 16, 2009
I've been pondering this for a while, but it has come to my attention that it's hard to change the flow of battle without a move like "Stun" or anything similar. Yes I know moves like Storm Lord have stun effects in them but they often take a while to get enough pips and power to do enough damage as well. That's why we should have a school of Time. They would be low pip spells and only be available for levels 60-80, or a new world with ten more levels.

Level 60: Slow, 1 pip, delays a spell for next turn and the spell cannot be changed.*
Level 64: Quicken, 0 pips, makes a friend's turn come faster*
Level 68: First Strike, 0 pips, Allows your team to go first for three rounds
Level 72: Rewind, 3 pips, Restarts the battle, reviving enemies and allies, giving everyone their starting pips, health, and mana at the beginning of the duel
Level 76: Blast from the Past, 5 pips, Casts the last damaging spell that was used on you for 50% of the spell's damage.**
Level: 80: Doublecast, 3 pips, Allows the casting of two spells for the next turn.

In order to give time a weak point, i give you the school of chaos. The reason why i chose chaos is because it's random, and time is orderly. You don't know what will happen with chaos but you will with time.

Level 60: Chaotic Blade, 1 pip, Gives a +35% blade of a random school
Level 64: Chaotic Trap, 1 pip, gives and enemy a +25% trap of a random school
Level 68: Chaotic Strike, 2 pips, deals 250 of a random type of damage
Level 72: Chaotic Shield, 1 pip, Gives a -50% shield of a random type.
Level 76: Chaotic Blow, 3 pips, deals 500 of a random type of damage
Level 80: Chaotic Storm, 4 pips, deals 750 of a random type of damage.

The attacks from this school are hard to predict. You will need every shield to make sure you block one of them so it doesn't choose a wrong damage type. (like storm instead of myth)

*Changes flow of battle for all
**Only works if a damaging spell has been used on you already.

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
That is awesome!
I think it's awesome too, but the school of chaos already exists, and it's in Wysteria. It would be wicked awesomneness if we could learn Time though! It would soooooo help against the Jabawock!

~Besties Katherine DeathHunter and Sophia DarkFlame~

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Spark Plasma on Oct 29, 2012 wrote:
I've been pondering this for a while, but it has come to my attention that it's hard to change the flow of battle without a move like "Stun" or anything similar. Yes I know moves like Storm Lord have stun effects in them but they often take a while to get enough pips and power to do enough damage as well. That's why we should have a school of Time. They would be low pip spells and only be available for levels 60-80, or a new world with ten more levels.

Level 60: Slow, 1 pip, delays a spell for next turn and the spell cannot be changed.*
Level 64: Quicken, 0 pips, makes a friend's turn come faster*
Level 68: First Strike, 0 pips, Allows your team to go first for three rounds
Level 72: Rewind, 3 pips, Restarts the battle, reviving enemies and allies, giving everyone their starting pips, health, and mana at the beginning of the duel
Level 76: Blast from the Past, 5 pips, Casts the last damaging spell that was used on you for 50% of the spell's damage.**
Level: 80: Doublecast, 3 pips, Allows the casting of two spells for the next turn.

In order to give time a weak point, i give you the school of chaos. The reason why i chose chaos is because it's random, and time is orderly. You don't know what will happen with chaos but you will with time.

Level 60: Chaotic Blade, 1 pip, Gives a +35% blade of a random school
Level 64: Chaotic Trap, 1 pip, gives and enemy a +25% trap of a random school
Level 68: Chaotic Strike, 2 pips, deals 250 of a random type of damage
Level 72: Chaotic Shield, 1 pip, Gives a -50% shield of a random type.
Level 76: Chaotic Blow, 3 pips, deals 500 of a random type of damage
Level 80: Chaotic Storm, 4 pips, deals 750 of a random type of damage.

The attacks from this school are hard to predict. You will need every shield to make sure you block one of them so it doesn't choose a wrong damage type. (like storm instead of myth)

*Changes flow of battle for all
**Only works if a damaging spell has been used on you already.
If you train these, then no one would train doublecast, because you can lose two pips, and it doesn't really help, because the round you casted it you could have still casted a total two spells in the same amount of time without losing pips.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Conceptually, I like the idea of a Time school. But thinking about how people would use the spells you're suggesting, it's incredibly overpowered and unfair. Think about how PVP would change, or how no enemies could ever beat you. I think it needs to go back to the drawing board.

Your Chaos school idea sounds like it has some promise too, although I'd like to see it developed a little more. The school needs a new name, I agree with JadePierce.

Defender
May 16, 2009
I forgot about the school of chaos in wysteria, we could find a synonym for chaos to rename it?

Survivor
Jun 04, 2012
I absolutely love the idea about a time school but I think it should be in the new world Azteca coming out soon because it's about time (Azteca is a dinosaur world in the past) and it's really powerful. I'm not completely sure about the chaos school though and one pip for a random blade is not that good in my point of view.

Dylan Thundersword
Level 45 Theurgist

" We have been made so we must make"

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
The wysteria schools are awesome but i think its kinda not porpotionable. 3 pips to restart? 5 maybe.
Time is one of the best new elements i heard!

Explorer
Sep 03, 2012
School of Time is a brilliant idea!

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
Um, school of chaos already exists in wysteria.