Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

power pip problem

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 24, 2009
i was in the arena and i battled three people(3v3) and two of them had TWO power pips and the fight hadn't even started! what happened?

Survivor
Mar 23, 2009
There are some wands from DragonSpyre and Grizzleheim that allow the wearer to start the game with an additional power pip. If the person also got a power pip as part of their turn, then they would start with two.

Explorer
May 31, 2008
Ok, say the opponent has a high power pip chance - 70%,etc. so they start with 1 power pip, also, they may have farmed for a special drop wand in MooShu or Dragonspyre which let them start the battle with a power pip, so they now have 2.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
Helios713 wrote:
i was in the arena and i battled three people(3v3) and two of them had TWO power pips and the fight hadn't even started! what happened?

Certain wands and swords give an extra pip or power pip at the start of each battle.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
Helios713 wrote:

The 2 people that started the fight with both power pips would have had a sword from Mooshu, Dragonspyre, or Grizzleheim. Each one of those GIVES you a power pip to start with and just like anyone else they also have a chance of getting a power pip for their first one thus giving them 2 power pips to start with.

You begin to get the "extra" starting pip with some of the boss drop staves in Krok, however those only give you an extra "normal" pip to start with.

Survivor
May 07, 2009
The higher level you get, the more chance you get power pips, thus explains the first one. The second one, as you get to higher levels, you can get certain wands/staves/swords that automatically give you +1 power pip.

Explorer
Jan 29, 2009
Look at their gear. Some gear automatically allows you to have a power pip to begin with while other gear gives one a very high percentage chance of getting a power pip. In other words, they start with two pips and both could be power due to all the +%'s of getting a power pip. I routinely get two power pips when I start a battle.

Tristan Dragonhead Grandmaster Diviner

Defender
Dec 14, 2008
this is not a glitch but every sword comes with a +1 power pip at the beggining of every battle when they have 2 that means they got +1 from the sword and a power pip from their regular power pip.... it is very common to get power pips in DS because you start hitting 50% chance for power pips.... so they arent cheating

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
Helios713 wrote:

The wizards have/had a higher 'power pip' percentage than you.
Don't quote me on this because I'm not 100% sure, but if you can
get your ppips percentage past 50% I think you always start off with
one power pip and one white pip.