Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is it nessary?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 07, 2009
If you want 10 of something killed why in the world would you ask for something then say "YOU FAILED" in red letters? you trying to depress the world? didn't we talk about this before? is it so hard to go in and put I'm sorry instead?

Because of "you failed" right at the start of ds I wont be working on that girl anymore, failure is a part of life yes, but being so CRUDE as to put it that way is down right MEAN!

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
Are you serious? Are you that sensitive that you can not stand the phrase "you failed". Wow, I didnt know that was such a hard phrase. No matter how you word it, you did not succeed in your objective, in which you failed. What did the game do to warrent the word "sorry", it didnt make you fail at the objective.You have to keep in mind it's a game and only a game. If you fail, then pick yourself up and try again. NO BIG DEAL! If you are that sensative to wording then you might as well delete the game.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:
If you want 10 of something killed why in the world would you ask for something then say "YOU FAILED" in red letters? you trying to depress the world? didn't we talk about this before? is it so hard to go in and put I'm sorry instead?

Because of "you failed" right at the start of ds I wont be working on that girl anymore, failure is a part of life yes, but being so CRUDE as to put it that way is down right MEAN!

oh please, it's luck, first off, and it isnt anyones fault your wizards cant complete her quest, just drop it

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
WizardWarrior1193 wrote:
Are you serious? Are you that sensitive that you can not stand the phrase "you failed". Wow, I didnt know that was such a hard phrase. No matter how you word it, you did not succeed in your objective, in which you failed. What did the game do to warrent the word "sorry", it didnt make you fail at the objective.You have to keep in mind it's a game and only a game. If you fail, then pick yourself up and try again. NO BIG DEAL! If you are that sensative to wording then you might as well delete the game.

Funny you should say "only a game" when you have one several things that show ME it is not just a game to some. First point is the chat filter, claim was "we are going to make it easier for adults to talk normal" that was a load, nothing changed in that update. Second point, you have a 7 year old the game was "designed for" and see that you don't think it has impact on them? hmm
Sorry needs to be looked up in the dictionary at your house, it's a whole phrase to some and just a word to others. Why? Please and Thank you went in the trash why bother to say sorry?

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:

Funny you should say "only a game" when you have one several things that show ME it is not just a game to some. First point is the chat filter, claim was "we are going to make it easier for adults to talk normal" that was a load, nothing changed in that update. Second point, you have a 7 year old the game was "designed for" and see that you don't think it has impact on them? hmm
Sorry needs to be looked up in the dictionary at your house, it's a whole phrase to some and just a word to others. Why? Please and Thank you went in the trash why bother to say sorry?

I also thought the chat thing wasn't fixed. Then I realized you have to physically change your settings here on the home site for it to take effect. As for the "failure" notice, every other game I have ever played used this word, doesn't matter what game system or age requirement. Failure is a part of life, and the younger people realize that the better in my opinion, at least they'll be prepared for the REAL world. Trust me, how mad do you think I get when I get to the top level of a tower only to be beaten by the barest minimum? And have to start all over after just spending an hour on it already! But I dust myself off and try again. If you're gonna quit that easily over a word then it is actually a pretty appropriate one to use.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
snohunny20 wrote:
Whiterose2 wrote:

I also thought the chat thing wasn't fixed. Then I realized you have to physically change your settings here on the home site for it to take effect. As for the "failure" notice, every other game I have ever played used this word, doesn't matter what game system or age requirement. Failure is a part of life, and the younger people realize that the better in my opinion, at least they'll be prepared for the REAL world. Trust me, how mad do you think I get when I get to the top level of a tower only to be beaten by the barest minimum? And have to start all over after just spending an hour on it already! But I dust myself off and try again. If you're gonna quit that easily over a word then it is actually a pretty appropriate one to use.

lets just set up the 7 year old to fail and put them in jail now, yes it's "only a game" but they have enough failure in REAL world to deal with. It's not fun to have it happen over and over and over. If they wanted 20 of whatever things killed then why not just say that instead of "luck of the draw", some of us are NOT lucky.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
Whiterose2 wrote:

Are YOU SERIOUS its just a game and it says you failed to COLLECT not that you are a failour its saying that you had no luck at getting it, what would you like it to say "So SORRY dear but you didnt get the item would you like some cookies and milk"

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
If someone can't deal with FAIL or being NOT LUCKY, then they have a real problem with real life. The person that said that young ones have enough failure to deal with in real life must have a pretty poor life. If someone is protected all the time, then they will never learn to deal with life or faux life. I speak as one of the old and wise ones, an adult. My children and my grandchildren, (yes, i am THAT old) know failure, the word NO and yet, somehow, they are happy, adjusted kids. Try playing a card game.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Whiterose2 wrote:
snohunny20 wrote:
Whiterose2 wrote:

lets just set up the 7 year old to fail and put them in jail now, yes it's "only a game" but they have enough failure in REAL world to deal with. It's not fun to have it happen over and over and over. If they wanted 20 of whatever things killed then why not just say that instead of "luck of the draw", some of us are NOT lucky.

That's why I said at least they will be prepared for the real world. If they go their entire childhood without ever hearing the words "you've failed" how will they ever learn to GET OVER IT and try again? You can't expect a child to ever be a success if they have never known what it's like to lose. If you just hand everything over to them they will never learn how to work hard for anything, they will just expect mommy to make it work for them. It's part of learning how to be an adult. You have to fight your own battles and sometimes you FAIL. Do you really want your kid to go all the way into adulthood only to be slapped in the face with a word they've never heard before? A word they've never learned how to cope with? I know I don't.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Wow, geez. i didnt even know this bothered people. does it really say fail when you dont get something? i never saw it. maybe i just try not to blatantly notice the negatives and try again, pick myself up, and go again. if adults didnt notice it, how could a seven year old child, who is enjoying the game and absorbed in its scenery and in a rush to move foward possibly be bothered by "you failed". the kid is seeing the positives, doesnt notice negatives and moves on to try again so he can be the best wizard he can be.

Defender
Jan 07, 2009
seekanddestroy wrote:
Wow, geez. i didnt even know this bothered people. does it really say fail when you dont get something? i never saw it. maybe i just try not to blatantly notice the negatives and try again, pick myself up, and go again. if adults didnt notice it, how could a seven year old child, who is enjoying the game and absorbed in its scenery and in a rush to move foward possibly be bothered by "you failed". the kid is seeing the positives, doesnt notice negatives and moves on to try again so he can be the best wizard he can be.

First she noticed the other guys ALWAYS go first, she got over that.
Then she noticed how they NEVER fizzle and her girl fizzles 3 out of 5 times.
This is NOT a dumb kid, she is very smart and asks lots of questions. She asked me why she had to do it again when it said she failed. She was thinking that was it, failure means your done and go on to something else. Adults can't even guess what a child is thinking, this one I have here tells me. There is very little positive when your trying to work thru an area and some other kids are "farming" that area and become rude. Do we not have manners anymore? Telling a 7 year old to get out of "thier fight" so they can farm is rude.

By the way this 7 year old lost her sister in a fire last year, fireman told her "I failed to get to her in time" you don't think that has an impact on her? Sorry is not as harsh, still means the same thing just more polite.